Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    People are actually trying to justify the $10 price increase?

Where's the option to go without a level boost for a $10 discount?

Let's assume it took 1 person to put together the character and gear templates, 1 person to program the automated scripts to put a boosted character into the database, 1 person to put the button into the UI that activates the automated script, and 1 person to do testing.

Let's be extremely generous and say each person gets paid $100,000 a year and it took them each individually 2 months to do their individual jobs.

That's just under $67,000 paid to all of them in total over 2 months.

If Blizzard intends to sell 4 million copies of the expansion, that $10 price increase translates into $40,000,000.

That's an excellent value—for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post

Let's assume it took 1 person to put together the character and gear templates, 1 person to program the automated scripts to put a boosted character into the database, 1 person to put the button into the UI that activates the automated script, and 1 person to do testing.

Let's be extremely generous and say each person gets paid $100,000 a year and it took them each individually 2 months to do their individual jobs.

If Blizzard intends to sell 4 million copies of the expansion, that $10 price increase translates into $40,000,000.

They were giving level boosts to players who received a Scroll of Resurrection.....for free. Which was 85 during Cataclysm. Oh, and they were also handing those same people Cataclysm, also for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    So if designers finished their work they can't move onto something else? Do they have to wait for the developers to finish writing code for them to be able to do anything else? Have you ever had a job before? Are you trolling?
    Possibly, but don't worry, cause the new expansions are much chea-... Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    They are the only CLASS that hasn't had a legendary in almost 6 years. Their legendary lasted the least amount of time, and I've heard wasn't even Best-in-slot.
    I can't exactly sympathize with enh shamans/feral druids. I'm sorry you're the one spec of your class to be left out. I could understand them giving one to tanks, as they're the only ROLE that hasn't had one, except Thunderfury I guess. Not sure if that counts.
    Guy whining about not having a legendary since TBC and then says he don't feel bad for Ferals. GTFO. Because let us be 100 percent realistic, had their been a damn legendary Agi staff prior to MoP, some jack hat hunter would have been like... but its a stat stick, even if the benefit for Kitty/Bear was greater.

You Hunters really bitch a lot in these comments, yeah it would suck for another casters legendary or healer (because Healing Mace off of Deathwing was a legendary by most any means outside of color, plus Ulduar) and for 2 handed dps to get another one (yeah... we had 2 Ferals who were alts, but they weren't allowed to sniff Sulfuras, and then they had Shadowmourne) and everything, but you guys at least had 1.

Anyways, I will be sad if WoD only has 2 raid tiers unless we get a mini tier between, or some decent storyline patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Is 10$ a lot, because that's less than I make an hour. I get a hell of a lot more value out of that 10$ then anything else.

Also, ever consider it's not just the level boost, but just simple economics? The Brits are getting an adjustment on pricing, this is ours. Inflation over the course of the 14 years this game has been in development has led to a rather small price increase, and they gave us a bonus in the form of the level boost to make the medicine go down a bit less badly.

So again, instead of 40 dollars every two years or so for a full expansion, they want 50 plus, every year for a much smaller expansion. Yeah, that's sounds absolutely fantastic. Hey think of it this way, now instead of a stat squish every few years or expansions, they'll have to do it annually to cover the rates they love to bump them up in each set of raid cycles. Hooray.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Deleted
    Holy shit. That Ancrestal Vigor removal tho

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Is 10$ a lot, because that's less than I make an hour. I get a hell of a lot more value out of that 10$ then anything else.

Also, ever consider it's not just the level boost, but just simple economics? The Brits are getting an adjustment on pricing, this is ours. Inflation over the course of the 14 years this game has been in development has led to a rather small price increase, and they gave us a bonus in the form of the level boost to make the medicine go down a bit less badly.
    They just released the expansion for D3. It was $40 which is the typical price for an expansion. The level boost wasn't a "bonus". It was to entice new players to start playing without the daunting task of leveling to max and being behind the curve and old players to return without having to level their toon to max. They made that pretty clear when they announced the feature. It wasn't to make you feel better about the increased price tag. It was to generate sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Guy whining about not having a legendary since TBC and then says he don't feel bad for Ferals. GTFO. Because let us be 100 percent realistic, had their been a damn legendary Agi staff prior to MoP, some jack hat hunter would have been like... but its a stat stick, even if the benefit for Kitty/Bear was greater.

You Hunters really bitch a lot in these comments, yeah it would suck for another casters legendary or healer (because Healing Mace off of Deathwing was a legendary by most any means outside of color, plus Ulduar) and for 2 handed dps to get another one (yeah... we had 2 Ferals who were alts, but they weren't allowed to sniff Sulfuras, and then they had Shadowmourne) and everything, but you guys at least had 1.

Anyways, I will be sad if WoD only has 2 raid tiers unless we get a mini tier between, or some decent storyline patches.
    It would say "Melee attacks have a chance to increase agility by X."

Hunter : It has agility. It's for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post

Level boost has existed for years. It's another dev tool they released as a "feature." The $10 increase is there to boost their quarterly profits so when they lose more subscribers at least the wallet wasn't hit at all or minimally. It's not because of some features. We get less content now compared to before since they want to do all the freakshow side detour expansions to slowly and somewhat painfully build to the actual climax of the entire story by facing sargeras head on. There really isn't much to WoD then a small stepping stone. As shitty as it seems on paper it might turn out to be a fun 2 raid tiers at least.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-08-20 at 09:22 PM.

Shield Barrier can be used without a shield by Arms and Fury.....

"Raise your shield, absorbing [ 275% of AP ] damage for the next 6 sec. Consumes up to 40 additional Rage to increase the amount absorbed."

Makes perfect sense! I think hunters should be able to do Barrage without a gun or bow too!

God I hate it when Blizzard is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    Shield Barrier can be used without a shield by Arms and Fury.....

"Raise your shield, absorbing [ 275% of AP ] damage for the next 6 sec. Consumes up to 40 additional Rage to increase the amount absorbed."

Makes perfect sense! I think hunters should be able to do Barrage without a gun or bow too!

God I hate it when Blizzard is retarded.
    It's to hard to switch to your shield. Can't have challenges in this game 'good' players can take advantage of!