Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow a thread that took a quote out of context and reached HARD to try to make it mean something that it doesn't has 45 pages. Simply wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I do not believe flight will be gone. Blizzard has been cutting the amount of content each expansion ships with for some time.

Not flying is strictly to prolong the games life. It has nothing to do with gameplay. If you produce 30% less content than you used to but want your game to last for two years you have two options.

1 is to gate everyone which is what blizzard is doing.

2 is to just stop supporting your game and develop nothing for your players which is what they did in MOP. Content stopped being developed for Mop 50% through the expansion.
    This is what it comes down too. Its gating. This time it isnt dailies, its ground mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    Everyone stop complaining. This is a good move by blizzard to enhance the value of the content they are providing. The best times I have had in WoW were the times where no flying was involved, especially when I had to explore content by myself on the ground. Once the expansion gets rolls you'll all see and change your minds.
    Then why do you fly now? It would have saved you a lot of money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Nearly ALL content becomes negated by flying. It's the exact reason why they didn't allow you to fly through pandaria.

1. Take quest with Quest-o-matic
    2. look at map
    3. Fly towards objective without worrying about getting attacked
    4. Alt tab, read emails/facebook/whatever
    5. Land, kill mob, fly back turn in

That's what they want to prevent. If everyone plays the game like this, they might as well just make a "Travian" clone.
    Strange, they didn't have any problems with it for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Flying at max level was the selling point of TBC.. It was even kinda required for some content, heck some of the max level content added later was about flying mounts (skyguard, netherwing)
    I didn't buy BC for the flying. I purchased BC to kick Illidan's ass.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Selling point was the wrong term, but you should have known what the poster meant. It was a HUGE feature and heavily played into content design in the world. Funny how 8 years ago they had no problems creating compelling content with flight, but now even with all these advancements it's just 'too hard' for them.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Selling point was the wrong term, but you should have known what the poster meant. It was a HUGE feature and heavily played into content design in the world. Funny how 8 years ago they had no problems creating compelling content with flight, but now even with all these advancements it's just 'too hard' for them.
    I think we can all agree they are lazy. I'd rather they just fill the sky with Kaliri's who fly at 500% speed and never leash, but it'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I had almost no clue what/who Illidan was at the time. That feeling was probably shared by a lot of people who hadn't played any Warcraft game before WoW, which was a big portion of the playerbase already at that point. So for us flying or anything really would've been a bigger selling point than fighting this mystery villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I had almost no clue what/who Illidan was at the time. That feeling was probably shared by a lot of people who hadn't played any Warcraft game before WoW, which was a big portion of the playerbase already at that point. So for us flying or anything really would've been a bigger selling point than fighting this mystery villain.
    Now we're just assuming things. There's no way to tell if your personal experience was that of the majority. Different people have different reasons for doing things. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This. I don't recall flight being bad gameplay during TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, or even the beginning of Mists.

It only becomes a problem around the time that the subscription drop became worse than Cataclysm.

Perhaps blizz thinks thats the only part of vanilla that people liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Perhaps blizz thinks thats the only part of vanilla that people liked.
    They're not doing it as a throwback, they're doing it because it's going to slow down the progression of new world content and to allow access to shit like jumping puzzles.

It'll all be back to normal in a patch or so.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Ok so now I am not buying this expansion at all, one lie after another these people cant get their story straight. Im tired and disgusted of it and will not be buying into this charade. they really seem confident in their subscriber numbers not taking another nose dive.
    Last edited by xeku; 2014-08-22 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    They're not doing it as a throwback, they're doing it because it's going to slow down the progression of new world content and to allow access to shit like jumping puzzles.

It'll all be back to normal in a patch or so.
    It's essentially daily grind 2.0, but much more effective and potentially can cover the entire expansion is they see fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    It's essentially daily grind 2.0, but much more effective and potentially can cover the entire expansion is they see fit.
    Yup, and I just found out in the General WOD thread that one of the new weeklies just gives you a progress bar that fills up as you ... well... do stuff out in the world. No real objective, just go do stuff.

I'm really not a fan of the over all end game feel of this expac so far.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Yup, and I just found out in the General WOD thread that one of the new weeklies just gives you a progress bar that fills up as you ... well... do stuff out in the world. No real objective, just go do stuff.

I'm really not a fan of the over all end game feel of this expac so far.
    That's terrible design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xeku View Post
    Ok so now I am not buying this expansion at all, one lie after another these people cant get their story straight. Im tired and disgusted of it and will not be buying into this charade. they really seem confident in their subscriber numbers not taking another nose dive.
    They're confident in their minimalist approach.

I don't know how they can do so little and expect so much, unless of course they don't expect anything and Chilton's remarks on the game not being able to recover are his cop out for when things get bad.

"Well I told you guys"..

Deleted
    people crying for flying mounts are prolly the same people that only do lfr (and complain about the lfr "difficulty")

good riddance, you wont be missed (at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Archolm View Post
    Then why do you fly now? It would have saved you a lot of money!
    People still spout off nonsense like this? If the game gave you the option to have the best gear in the game mailed to you, would you take it? Of course you would, because it would make things easier for you. Plus everyone else would take it, so you would be a fool not to since it would put you at a severe disadvantage. Does that mean it would be a healthy design choice, as opposed to the traditional progression of earning the gear? Probably not in the long run, if you ask most people. Something being convenient for the individual does not make it good for the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by xeku View Post
    Ok so now I am not buying this expansion at all, one lie after another these people cant get their story straight.
    Or maybe you need to learn how to parse what people are saying better.

How do you even get "not designed for flying" ----> "no flying, ever" without dropping into a logic hole?
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-08-22 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    People still spout off nonsense like this? If the game gave you the option to have the best gear in the game mailed to you, would you take it? Of course you would, because it would make things easier for you. Plus everyone else would take it, so you would be a fool not to since it would put you at a severe disadvantage. Does that mean it would be a healthy design choice, as opposed to the traditional progression of earning the gear? Probably not in the long run, if you ask most people. Something being convenient for the individual does not make it good for the game as a whole.
    So then where was the concern when TBC launched?

We understand a lot of people are really vocal in their disgust with the mere idea of not being able to fly once they reach 100.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings about it. So at least Blizzard's been listening.
    Hopefully something will happen to change their minds, cause I mostly like playing wow.