Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    3ds beats both xbone and wii u together, hahahahaha.
    3DS beats all those other systems on that list by 14.2 million if you add up all the others. If you mean the vita, sure it does as well, but it's been out for almost 4 years too.

As for the OP, I don't think it will be their last, but I think they really need to stop with all the gimmick items like the motion control and screen built right in to the controller. Go back to simple controls with strong games to back it up, then make it comparable to, if not slightly weaker than the others to keep the price affordable.

Nintendo and the Wii U will be fine. It won't sell as much as the Wii or the 3DS. Or at the rate at any point. It will have a strong line of 1st party games, which should be your primary reason to buy a console anyway, and that alone will give it a reason to be bought.
    I got mine, I love it. Even tho there is a big drought in games right now, I still think it's the best choice. I have considered getting a PS4, but every title for it is either multiplat, a shooter or looks boring. Don't see any reason to for the PS4 untill a price cut and atleast 5 exclusives that look good.

And for the Xbox One. Just a huge no.

PC + 3DS + Wii U is my current and probably only line up for 8th gen.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why, oh why does this website have so many people that hate Nintendo it seems.

No, it won't be their last console. They failed horribly with the Virtual Boy, why would a system that just wasn't as large of a hit as it could be take them down?
    oh yes speculating on the future of nintendo is being a hater. /rollseyes
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    They'll think of something, they always will. It's just going to be bigger gaps in between system generations. 2025+(seems far, but it's pretty close) is when I expect them to even want to try to create something else to replace PS4/XBone/WiiU. The DS is still going strong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Have you been here that long? That's a rhetorical question, I can see your posts and join date.

Seriously, these types of threads pop up once or twice a week, over and over again. There is never any speculation threads on "Is MS/Sony going to be out next gen?" or "Should MS/Sony go third party?!", yet there's half a dozen for Nintendo every single month. It's past the point of "Speculating", and going onto ridiculousness. Even glancing through most the threads you'd see most end up with people bashing Nintendo.

To be fair, it's been pretty popular in the past half decade or more to herald Nintendo's imminent irrelevance or failure.

If I had a dollar for every time Michael "Sweatbands are for Wimps" Pachter made one of those those types of comments...I'd have a whole lot of dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you been here that long? That's a rhetorical question, I can see your posts and join date.

Seriously, these types of threads pop up once or twice a week, over and over again. There is never any speculation threads on "Is MS/Sony going to be out next gen?" or "Should MS/Sony go third party?!", yet there's half a dozen for Nintendo every single month. It's past the point of "Speculating", and going onto ridiculousness. Even glancing through most the threads you'd see most end up with people bashing Nintendo.
    and then you get to the point where you completely dismiss any argument against nintendo simply because you believe its just another hater thread. its a valid concern that if nintendo screws up badly enough this could be their last generation of consoles. it isnt out of the realm of possibility.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

and then you get to the point where you completely dismiss any argument against nintendo simply because you believe its just another hater thread. its a valid concern that if nintendo screws up badly enough this could be their last generation of consoles. it isnt out of the realm of possibility.
    It is though. Unless they decide themselves to just stop making consoles, there is no other reason for them to stop. It's not causing them an extreme loss of money, the Wii U is even starting to sell at a profit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    They'll think of something, they always will. It's just going to be bigger gaps in between system generations. 2025+(seems far, but it's pretty close) is when I expect them to even want to try to create something else to replace PS4/XBone/WiiU. The DS is still going strong as well.
    EA/Ubisoft are on the record saying they only expect this gen to last 5-6 years. 2025 will be well into gen 9 and maybe even on the brink of Gen 10 if the market doesn't collapse by then.

Nintendo works on their own schedule and doesn't really care about MS/Sony anyways. They will have a new home console out by 2017-2018(5-6 years after the Wii U release).

NES-SNES 7 years
    SNES-N64 6 years
    N64-Gamecube 5 years
    Gamecube-Wii 5 years
    Wii-Wii U 5 years

Gameboy-GBC 9 years
    GBC-GBA 3 years
    GBA-DS 3 years
    DS-3DS 6 years

You honestly think Nintendo is going to have a 13 year gap between the Wii U and it's successor based on these numbers? They have only ever had longer then a 6 year gap between successors twice in their history and it was both the first consoles of their kind for them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-23 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To be fair, it's been pretty popular in the past half decade or more to herald Nintendo's imminent irrelevance or failure.
    If I had a dollar for every time Michael "Sweatbands are for Wimps" Pachter made one of those those types of comments...I'd have a whole lot of dollars.
    Why, oh why does this website have so many people that hate Nintendo it seems.
    Its not even just this site, you see Nintendo hate everywhere. Its the cool kids thing to do. Gotta illegitimate other gamers by implying the games they play aren't REAL MATURE games for REAL MATURE gamers. Guess it makes them feel more mature.

Really just comes down to the stupid console wars horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post

Its not even just this site, you see Nintendo hate everywhere. Its the cool kids thing to do. Gotta illegitimate other gamers by implying the games they play aren't REAL MATURE games for REAL MATURE gamers. Guess it makes them feel more mature.

I haven't seen anyone over the age of 14 disrespecting Nintendo for lack of "mature" games since the Gamecube era. It's best to ignore the 14 year old CoD players bro.

Even a lot of the people that aren't fond of Nintendo anymore don't pull that bullshit mature games card anymore, because they grew up and realize that complaint is/was retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post

I'm not sure what I hate more, the console wars idea, or Xbone.
    The irony is real

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone over the age of 14 disrespecting Nintendo for lack of "mature" games since the Gamecube era. It's best to ignore the 14 year old CoD players bro.

Even a lot of the people that aren't fond of Nintendo anymore don't pull that bullshit mature games card anymore, because they grew up and realize that complaint is/was retarded.
    While you're right, it still happens though which is what's annoying. And then they start going down the road of "Every Nintendo game is the same", and everyone starts questioning what the meaning to life is. (Because CoD is always so new and unique!)

We've been forecasting this for literally a decade now. They've survived bad decisions and failures before. Until they go back to back with console failures, I don't think they'd really consider bailing altogether. To be honest I've always assumed relying on one or maybe two entires from the same small crop of franchises would be the death of them. And at the end of the day they still having swimming pools of cash coming from handhelds, so it's not like they are in a dire position(now if the handheld market goes bottoms up, Nintendo would be absolutely screwed).

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day...

The 3DS prints money.

The Wii U itself isn't even doing that poorly especially since Mario Kart 8's release.

Super Smash Bros and Zelda print money.

The Wii U will then print money after their respective releases.

Hooray for money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    3DS beats all those other systems on that list by 14.2 million if you add up all the others. If you mean the vita, sure it does as well, but it's been out for almost 4 years too.

As for the OP, I don't think it will be their last, but I think they really need to stop with all the gimmick items like the motion control and screen built right in to the controller. Go back to simple controls with strong games to back it up, then make it comparable to, if not slightly weaker than the others to keep the price affordable.
    Doing a comparable console to its competitors could also most likely earn them full third party support, its a shame so few bothers with it.

I hope it isn't and I hope they learn that they can't get away with half-assing a console so badly. It wouldn't of been hard to make it more competitive with the Xbone or PS4 but it isn't because Nintendo thought they could get away with the Wii gimmick a second time.

What it is now is a decent to mediocre console with a decent to great selection of games to play on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Doing a comparable console to its competitors could also most likely earn them full third party support, its a shame so few bothers with it.
    Nintendo got more 3rd party support when they had a much weaker console(Wii) then they did when they had competitive hardware(Gamecube).

If your games will sell on the platform, 3rd parties will find ways to port to it no matter how weak it is. The problem is the Wii got more of the casual fan base to buy those games, where as the gamecube and wii u had/have people buying them almost exclusively to play nintendo games and they give a fuck less about a port of Assassins Creed.

Go look at those sales of Assasssins Creed 4 on the Wii U. That's why it doesn't have 3rd party support, not because of it's lack of power.