Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Could the Wii U be Nintendo's last console?

I don't see how they can have another successful home console after the Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could but it is unlikely to at this time.

depends they might learn from their mistake and get more 3rd party devs working with them and also having hardware comparable to the other consoles. if they do make another

Nintendo will be in the console business longer than any other company.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Previous Nintendo thread: check
    Thinks his opinion is more important rather than post in said thread: check

Yep.

The Wii: U is right now, being very successful, even if it doesn't come close to matching the PS4 or Xbone. Nintendo makes it's money off of selling a few of the games of it's own little propriety IPs, rather than Sony or Microsoft's strategies of selling tons of mainstream franchises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The Wii: U is right now, being very successful, even if it doesn't come close to matching the PS4 or Xbone. Nintendo makes it's money off of selling a few of the games of it's own little propriety IPs, rather than Sony or Microsoft's strategies of selling tons of mainstream franchises.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/

It's got nothing on the PS4, but the Xbone is suffering even more.

Nintendo is sitting on so much money that it's really irrelevant how the Wii U performs. They quite literally have the money to keep under performing.

Why, oh why does this website have so many people that hate Nintendo it seems.

No, it won't be their last console. They failed horribly with the Virtual Boy, why would a system that just wasn't as large of a hit as it could be take them down?

Wii U's lineup for the next year or so is amazing. They're only going to sell more of them. The next console is at least 5 years out and I'm sure they're already working on it, but with the changes in technology I'm not sure how they're going to do it. A streaming gaming service maybe? Nintendo is dominating the hand-held market right now, maybe they'll lean toward more portability. I dunno but Nintendo is definitely an innovative company that I'll be watching in the future. Wii U is the only system I have out of the new ones, and the Wii before that. Playstation 2 was cool but then Sony got lame and Xbox was always crap imo. Any game on box/ps worth playing is on the PC anyway; still waiting for GTAV to drop on PC though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    http://www.vgchartz.com/

It's got nothing on the PS4, but the Xbone is suffering even more.
    3ds beats both xbone and wii u together, hahahahaha.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the Xbone is beating the Vita, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo is in troubling waters but they're in no real danger of going out of existence. Their next home console has to be great, and they should probably be working on it right now, but unless their NEXT console is a complete failure I don't see them giving up home consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why, oh why does this website have so many people that hate Nintendo it seems.

No, it won't be their last console. They failed horribly with the Virtual Boy, why would a system that just wasn't as large of a hit as it could be take them down?
    I think even you know the difference between the Virtual Boy and a Super Nintendo.

Wii-U = "current" mainstream generation home console that competes with the others for mainstream titles.

Virtual Boy = gimmick gaming device that is most certainly NOT designed for mainstream gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PChaosWM View Post
    Nintendo is in troubling waters but they're in no real danger of going out of existence. Their next home console has to be great, and they should probably be working on it right now, but unless their NEXT console is a complete failure I don't see them giving up home consoles.
    The thing is their portable market is what has been keeping them affloat for this long, their home console division has been in recent years mostly a loss or, at best, pocket change.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In other news Ubisoft is talking out of its ass at the Wii U while simultaneously trying to blackmail them by holding a game hostage and not so much as supporting the system as strangling it while calling the cops on the Wii U.

But im sure ur post is a coincidence.

Sure......
    Last edited by lokinrond713; 2014-08-20 at 05:08 AM.

Nintendo is sitting on Scrooge McDuck levels of money, they'll be fine.

If they want another console, they'll make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    At least the Xbone is beating the Vita, right?
    Except it's not. The only region it's out selling the vita in is NA. It's close in europe with a slight monthly lead to Vita and Vita is selling 150-200k each month throughout asia.

On the topic of Nintendo-

It's not like the N64 or Gamecube where sales monsters, yet Nintendo stayed in the console game. I doubt they bow out within the next gen.

Rumors are their next system will be a portable and a home console and play the same games anyways. They will go with that model long before they abandon home console gaming.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-20 at 07:37 AM.

Considering how the PS3 fared at launch, I wouldn't count Nintendo out quite yet. Especially considering they have the strongest first party lineup of any console manufacturer.

They followed up on the Gamecube's lackluster sales with the Wii, so as long as they can come up with something genious and also market it properly they can easily kick off another console that sells very well. Otherwise they're always going to be making handhelds, even if it means them going stricly handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    They followed up on the Gamecube's lackluster sales with the Wii, so as long as they can come up with something genious and also market it properly they can easily kick off another console that sells very well. Otherwise they're always going to be making handhelds, even if it means them going stricly handheld.
    While I never hope Nintendo's main home console to fail ever... but god damn, could you imagine the resources they could pour into their handheld division?