Poll: Will you main your priest in WoD?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Will you main your priest in WoD?

Seeing all this negative feedback from pretty much everywhere, WoD might be the first expansion ever that I don't play my priest as main character.
    Not only because the class is 'bad' right now, im sure they can fix that - but because it just seems plain boring.

Been Disc since the beginning of Cataclysm btw.
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2014-08-19 at 11:18 PM.

The last 2 expansions we've cried DOOM while the expac was still in beta. And everytime, no matter how bleak and awful things seem. When launch hits you know what happens, we pull through. It's not always pretty. But I've been raiding and pvping priest as my main for 2 full expacs now and i've never had trouble being viable in pvp or chosen for a raid spot.

Between the three specs, we ALWAYS have at least one viable one for PvP and PvE. You better believe i'll be running around with my beloved priest.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I am planning on playing a Monk next xpac. Has nothing to with the changes though. I miss being able to tank and I miss being melee dps.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a thread like this, not to long ago?

Sadly there is a thing called a roster I need to work around.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you main something else than priest lol?

I will. After 7 years of shaman-ing I've switched to Holy/Shadow priest like 2-3 months ago. Just tired of Blizzard not knowing what to do with shamans. Holy is so much fun btw.

Been playing priest ever since I came back in ~Ulduar and if priests become unplayable I would consider just quitting the game. At this point my love for priests is higher than my love for the game. Disc might be complete shit, but then I'll just go back to holy or even shadow depending on how many healers will be needed in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Sadly there is a thing called a roster I need to work around.
    This. Although, even given absolute freedom to choose what to play, I would probably end up on the priest. It's the class I'm most comfortable on, and it has one of my favorite healing specs available (Holy), something which mage and DK can't compete with.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Main will be Shadow without a doubt... I can't wait to take him out release day

I will definitely keep on playing my shadow priest as my Main in WoD. Been playing it since i started wow on official Servers.
    Even though i hated the playstyle of my shadow in MoP (liked it much more in cata. I miss you, dark archangel...)
    I will try boycotting CoP as much as possible, since dots always have been, what has defined the shadow priest for me, just as i have boycotted mylittlewowfarm all the way through MoP.
    I will still be pugging my brewmaster Monk for WoD heroic raiding (if possible), since i like the concept of energy-based tanking, while doing mythic progession raiding with the priest.

I'll see what I can do with disc in the next expansion; I've gone through being underpowered at the beginning of both Cata and MoP so it should be familiar territory.

Youtube
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-08-20 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Don't mind being underpowered but depending on how the mind spike spams feels I might change.

Mine will be, I am genuinely enjoying what disc has become on beta. No more brainless rotation, it actually has depth to its play now. Its also right where it should be for a hybrid spec on logs for healing, would like to see it doing more damage than it is though currently (not more atonement though D: ).

Deleted
    Like I said, I don't mind being underpowered since they can (and will) easily fix that eventually.

What i'm worried about is that the mechanics seem boring. I could be wrong though as i havn't actually played the beta.

Guess yes. Was Priest during Vanilla, rerolled during BC into a Lock, but during 2.2 returned to my Priest for the rest of BC. WotLK I only plaed my Priest with a few alts. MoP I mained priest aswell, even if I play all my alts on a regular basis now.
    But my priest is my character, with all those nostalgia feeling (was the only raiding Shadow on my Faction/Realm during Vanilla, even if I never cleared AQ40. Except with ICC I was always Shadow <3)
    But have to admit that it seems alluring to play my WL. Or start leveling a Warrior.
    But in the end, its going to be Priest. It always will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all my exalted reps on my priest so don't really have a choice as to if he's my main or not QQ

I liked the idea of having the option to either pure nuke or to dot as shadow, so if that stays in i think i'll be more inclined to play my priest throughout the expansion rather than just after I've got all reps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Don't mind being underpowered but depending on how the mind spike spams feels I might change.
    This really, Idm being up at all, I kind of like it. But Priests are looking boring in WoD for PvP. Will stil main for pve. But reroll mw for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Like I said, I don't mind being underpowered since they can (and will) easily fix that eventually.

What i'm worried about is that the mechanics seem boring. I could be wrong though as i havn't actually played the beta.
    Its not underpowered, its pretty well balanced.

The bosses themselves are mostly quite fun. some add new mechanics, some better old ones. I haven't been bored yet while testing at least.

My priest is my enchanter. I have all but 10 enchants in the game atm. I will continue that trend in WoD as well. Though, I will main my rogue. (priest used to be main in wrath) I pvp'd shadow and healed holy before it was cool.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel