Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hellgate London Returning?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=298851137

I played the game when it originally released. So much potential but got almost no support. Then there was an asian company that took it over and released hellgate london global and it turned into a FTP game. But it looks like it may get more love and attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not paying for it again. I still have the disc version, I can install that, grab the patches online, and play any time I want. Unless this new release is super cheap, no thanks.

It IS nice that someone is paying attention to this lost gem. HGL is such an awesome game, I hope this revitalises interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

That would be interesting... Maybe. I was so hyped about this game that I bought the collectors edition on launch. The prospect of a futuristic Diablo-styled game blew my mind. I was so, so, soooooooooo disappointed.
    Oh aye.

I wanted to play the original version when i came out but never got the chance too, just to be clear the original was set in London but the new patch is set in Tokyo now instead?

I loved the beta, but held off on buying the retail simply because I wanted to see how the community was after a few months. Then I ended up forgetting all about it entirely until now...and now I want to play it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing good about the game. It was a failure from the gate and never received the attention or the support it "deserved" because it was simply a bad game meant as a cheap cash grab as many mmos are

Just no. Let the game rest in peace.

The original was fun as hell but the idea of a co-op arpg shooter with a subscription just didn't work. I still have my collectors edition box around here somewhere but when the game died almost out the gate I felt a little robbed and the company that bought the IP did nothing but shit on it.

If a new company got the rights and did the game justice then maybe but in it's current condition I'd rather drink Natty Ice.

For the record and those that dont know this game was made by the same devs that did diablo 2. They were from blizzard of the north.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was great but it lacked support and variety in art assets really. I sure wouldn't feel like buying the game again as I got the box on my shelf. It does look interesting though, hope it gets a reboot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    There was nothing good about the game. It was a failure from the gate and never received the attention or the support it "deserved" because it was simply a bad game meant as a cheap cash grab as many mmos are
    But it wasn't an MMO, and if you knew anything about the game and the company, you wouldn't be saying that. But since you felt the need to come in here and spew your bullshit, I'm gonna bet you don't know anything at all.

Ahem. Anyway. I also got the Collector's Edition, and I also paid the $200 for the Founder's status or whatever it was called, so I never had to pay a sub fee again. Granted, the game didn't last long enough for me to actually get the $200 worth I paid for, but I really enjoyed it while it was up. I currently install and play the single player version of it off and on. Probably once or twice a year I get an itch to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I actually bought and loved this game when it was released!

Not sure what happened to it.

Deleted
    Hellgate London was 100% an MMO. It was marketed as such.

Spawned a ton of "Hellgate London will KILL WOW!" threads back in the day. Hahahaha.

Deleted
    omg I was so hyped for this game, at that time it seemed like second coming of Jesus.
    Wish you didn't brought it up, wound is still there.

This version is...not great. It's not horrible, but it's nothing worthwhile last I remember playing (played it a year or so ago with its current owners). I'll likely give it another shot, but I do not remember anything great : /

I was one of the few people (by what the general opinion seems to be) that really thought it was sad to see it end the way it did, but its current incarnation doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I was one of the few people (by what the general opinion seems to be) that really thought it was sad to see it end the way it did, but its current incarnation doesn't do it for me.
    I think most people were sad to see the initial incarnation end the way it did...though realistically it was a pretty big disaster after such a promising premise : (

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have a good enough PC at the time, but still loved Hellgate London in its singleplayer mode. Never ventured into multiplayer since the servers had been taken down when I was able to play it - still have it here. Imo it was a great IP, just required polishing and smoothing over, like Diablo III did, but Flagship didn't have the resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was still around on? 0o

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/Home/Home.aspx

I tried out the currrent incarnation some time last year. Sadly it was very lacking. The original had such untapped potential.

Can I still do Abadon runs for my Hu's Hypershot?