Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best druid spec WoD?

Anyone in beta have an idea?

Resto druids are really strong atm.

Ferals are middle of the pack. Guardian druids have their good/bad fights. Balance (dunno, never had a balance druid yet)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like because every druid spec fulfills a different purpose, it doesn't really make sense to talk about the best druid spec.

aren't threads like this supposed to be locked down?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I'm not playing but I am pretty sure it is too soon to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance even after this weeks nerfs is one of the top dps. Feral isn't doing too bad atm. Resto is the best healer by far (expect nerfs) and guardian is strong too.

Any druid spec is looking really good right now, and with the changes to gear, having one complete set of gear, with substitute rings, neck, cloak, weapons and trinkets will allow you to play all 4 specs if you wish. (you'll need to re-enchant and gem if u have them etc, but the point remains).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Balance even after this weeks nerfs is one of the top dps. Feral isn't doing too bad atm. Resto is the best healer by far (expect nerfs) and guardian is strong too.

Any druid spec is looking really good right now, and with the changes to gear, having one complete set of gear, with substitute rings, neck, cloak, weapons and trinkets will allow you to play all 4 specs if you wish. (you'll need to re-enchant and gem if u have them etc, but the point remains).
    Wait what? Does gear change stats or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Well main armor types change primary stat depending on spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    for example the tier set for druid will have int/agi, stam and say crit and haste on them. Agi will be greyed out for balance, but if u swap to feral int will be greyed out and the agi will benefit you.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Resto and Balance are currently very strong and have fairly decent stat synergy (both want lots of Mastery, at the least, and past that most secondaries are nearly equal for Resto so you can go with whatever Balance wants).

I still love how nobody is bringing up the fact that they still plan to have tier sets with ONE set of secondary stats. While most, if not all, Druid specs currently want mastery mastery mastery, a lot of classes have 3 specs with entirely different stat priorities. One of the dumbest decisions they've made so far.

Btw, Resto Druids are no "by far" the best healer. Perhaps yes on fights that cater to SOTF-WG, which is already nerfed (should be on the build deploying now). Holy Priests are more mobile and more mana efficient - Renew needs a mana cost increase and Circle of Healing needs a cast time, and Discipline Priests are easily superior in a stacked environment (which is a lot of the fights). Paladins are also competitive and have inifnite mana (and are light years ahead of everyone for tank healing). Resto Druids far and away require the most thought put into mana conservation to get roughly equivalent results as classes that cannot run out of mana if they tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    I still love how nobody is bringing up the fact that they still plan to have tier sets with ONE set of secondary stats. While most, if not all, Druid specs currently want mastery mastery mastery, a lot of classes have 3 specs with entirely different stat priorities. One of the dumbest decisions they've made so far.
    For many previous tiers horribly itemized. Wod will be no different. We'll do what we always do, pick the combo of least horrible + best off pieces and call it BIS.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    Balance spec of course

Quote Originally Posted by Erlix View Post
    Balance spec of course
    It actually is looking like Balance is going to be the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate threads like this asking 'best spec'

best spec is - and always will be - the one you enjoy playing the most. If you want to tank or heal as druid, you have no other options so your question becomes moot.
    So i assume you mean best DPS spec out of balance or feral
    and again it's stupid to debate this now; there is still a lot of balance tweaking to do.

If you want to play ranged, go balance. Melee - feral. IF you want to min-max, wait until the game is officially out, balance tuning is settled down considerably, and pick/learn the spec with the best parses from boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    i hate threads like this asking 'best spec'

best spec is - and always will be - the one you enjoy playing the most. If you want to tank or heal as druid, you have no other options so your question becomes moot.
    So i assume you mean best DPS spec out of balance or feral
    and again it's stupid to debate this now; there is still a lot of balance tweaking to do.

If you want to play ranged, go balance. Melee - feral. IF you want to min-max, wait until the game is officially out, balance tuning is settled down considerably, and pick/learn the spec with the best parses from boss fights.

While I understand your general sentiment I do not agree. Why should someone not be allowed to wanting to know which spec performs best? Fun and what you enjoy most is very different from person to person. Don't assume what you think is "right" is right for everybody. Some people get most fun out of being able to perform on top of dps/hps meters, no matter the playstyle. Some like to play their shadow priest even if they are behind the healer in dps. Some people get the most fun out of collecting herbs and ore.

This frowning upon wanting to know actual performance of a spec or class is slowly becoming some weird kind of religion.

You are right, it is to early to tell for sure, because balancing is not done. However in all the expansions so far a trend was clear even before final balancing and this trend often lasted till release.

Well it really depends on what he means by best. If he means most 'fun' thats obviously subjective both worthy of discussion. If he's talking about how each spec ranks up against other specs of the same role then yes it really is a stupid thread, especially in beta.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Resto is the best Druid spec for healing, Guardian is the best Druid spec for tanking, Feral is the best Druid spec for melee dps and Balance is the best Druid spec for ranged dps.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Frost. Just stick your bow in one hand, shield in the other, switch to Demon form and you can heal anything. It's a little OP really.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Resto is the best Druid spec for healing, Guardian is the best Druid spec for tanking, Feral is the best Druid spec for melee dps and Balance is the best Druid spec for ranged dps.
    Quoted for best reply.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Hahahha,
    This made my day, thanks!

I am a menace to my own destiny.