Why does Blizzard Shutdown the Servers ? EVERY Wednesday.

Cause there were times where servers didnt went offline on reset days.

Sometimes its a rolling restart other times they need the time for maintenance, especially with a new xpac coming out the hardware needs to be prepared. You wouldn't leave a car on forever and expect nothing to happen would you?

Blizzard does that because sometimes they just need to restart the servers, sometimes they do a long maintenance. I'm guessing they are upgrading their stuff for the upcoming expansion. It should be expected by now that Blizzard will either restart or have a maintenance.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

and this takes less than 15 min, how dare they inconvenience you!
    Build #1 Corsair 350D Case - EVGA 600B PSU - Gigabyte Z97M-D3H - Intel i5-4690k - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD / WD 1TB - EVGA GTX-760 - 16GB DDR 1600 - Windows 8.1
    Build #2: Aerocool DS Case - EVGA 500B PSU - Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI - Intel i5-3570k - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD / WD 1TB - EVGA GTX-750Ti - 16GB DDR 2133 - OSX 10.10

"You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"

I would be glad for a maintenance, I have had insane latency in WoW for several days, making it unplayable.

There is always more maintenance days before expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skysx View Post
    Cause there were times where servers didnt went offline on reset days.
    ...and then there were times when servers were offline for 48 hrs and slow as hell the night before maintenance....

I guess a proper server administrator could answer that (and somebody would still tear him a new one and say he is clueless)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

First time my server has been shut down on Wednesday for a very long time. Even if they shutdown every single Wednesday it is often a rolling restart for a few minutes for a stable server 6 other days of the week that doesn't seem like too much. I think back to how awful things were right before 3.0 launched then after it did and will happily deal with 15 minutes every now and then.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

It was called maintenance when everybody knew the unwritten rule "don't raid on patch day". Patch day meant every wednesday anyway. Now it's rolling restart at best when most of the time the servers are up at 6AM and their info is still like "we expect realms to be down untill 11AM".