Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why would you even buy stuff from the AH during leveling? You don't have to be minmaxed to the bone when you might end up replacing the item 10 minutes later from a quest reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is the downside of transmog. But at least it's the only one, aside from every God damn Rogue using the Illidan headband.

I find it funny that every single low level green is listed so high even though a majority of them are really ugly and never sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Personally, I maintain about 800 pieces of gear for auction, with an average value of about 2000g apiece. And they're all pretty much worth it.
    Fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This is the biggest non-issue i've ever heard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Since returning to WoW (not when I quit transmog was not introduced) I have been leveling multiple new characters just for shits and giggles. Seeing as it's Arathi Basin call to arms I absolutely love leveling this way for three days. As I'm leveling I search the AH to upgrade my gear every few levels and I've really noticed since transmog low level gear on both of my servers are asbolutely RETARDED expensive. There's absolutely no other explanation for why people are charging so high for lvl 20-50 items, literally nothing is listed for under 500g. I know 500g isn't really that much anymore but for these items it is very overp priced. How is your servers low lvl gear market? Is there no real change since pre-xmog or is just the same as my servers?
    Questing gear is almost always better now, ever since the Cata 1-60 overhaul.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Can't really say destroyed. For low lvls, greens have always been crap- they are poorly itemized, often only having stam/primary stat, they never have hit, you get shit like +fire resist or +defense, ect.

Blues are where its at. Join in on the transmog market yo.
    +defense?

...are you still playing wrath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nobody gives a crap about the sellers, they tend to have more than enough gold. Getting ripped off is bad.
    The *sellers* give a crap about the sellers, and they are every bit as much of a player as you are with all the same rights and privileges. And you're not "getting ripped off" because someone is charging more to sell *their property* than you would like to pay. Do you go to your neighbor and say "hey nice TV, I'll give you $200 for it" and then call him/her a ripoff artist when he/she refuses? Or are you just ignorant enough to believe that gear has an intrinsic economic value?

I don't think anyone could have proved my point better than you did with your response. Between calling undesirable prices objectively bad (and phrasing it as "getting ripped off") and insisting that "nobody" cares about sellers, who are players just like you, this is a perfect example of the self-centered childish whining that's so prevalent in the WoW community, and a nice example of the bizarre and irrational hatred of merchants that people like you have in real life creeping into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Yes, this is the downside of transmog. But at least it's the only one, aside from every God damn Rogue using the Illidan headband.

I find it funny that every single low level green is listed so high even though a majority of them are really ugly and never sell.
    Why do you suppose they're listed so high if they don't sell for that much?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still making twinks wasting server space refusing to level this days?

10+ Year Old Account
    My economy is at a fine flow, thanks to transmogging. As well, this thing was already a slight problem due to twinks. Post the Defias gloves (if you still have some) and you can sell them easily for 2-6.000 gold. Twinks started the problem with selected pieces, transmogging just spread the fire a bit.

I normally only sell the things I have noticed of being interesting for people, other things just gets donated or vendored, maybe disenchanted for selling materials.

I don't complain, though. The few servers I am on, you can request items and people might have them or find them for you for a fair fee.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Twinks started the problem with selected pieces, transmogging just spread the fire a bit.
    The fact that supply and demand makes these items expensive is not a "problem" in any universal objective sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The fact that supply and demand makes these items expensive is not a "problem" in any universal objective sense.
    Not a problem for me. But this thread seems to mark it as a problem, supply and demand also counts for mogging after all. Supply and demand is generally not a problem at all, gives the business that we have on the auctions, be it flasks or armor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not a problem for me. But this thread seems to mark it as a problem,
    That's only because this thread is dominated by self-centered whiners who think not getting their way is a sign of moral injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I have full heirlooms for every class and spec, the only reason I was even looking was because I am leveling one particular character through only call to arms and at a certain point I was a lvl 40 wearing lvl 16 boots and bracers.
    What about low lvl honor gear from WSG and Arathi Basin vendors?

EDIT: it costs 55 honor for a lvl 40 item. Boots and bracers both.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2014-08-20 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    That's only because this thread is dominated by self-centered whiners who think not getting their way is a sign of moral injustice.
    Don't know why, really. All runs on the same code of business in WoW, Supply and Demand. Goes with everything, even mogging. Nothing unfair, all investments. Many, I have noticed, are even willing to strike a deal if you whisper them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nobody gives a crap about the sellers, they tend to have more than enough gold. Getting ripped off is bad.
    Exactly wrong friend! You know who DOES give a crap about the sellers? People who like transmog! They dictate the market for it.
    Think its a ripoff? Don't buy it!
    I totally just saved you like, sooooo much money.

Don't buy low level gear. Do more random dungeons for gear, especially since the quests that give those blue-level items are right there at the door now.

If that's not enough, heirlooms. I was so overpowered and leveling so fast I didn't even have time to finish the zone before it turned grey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I find the AH is of little purchasing use until level 90. Quest rewards, crafted items, world drops, and Dungeon rewards suit my needs. The only time I hit the AH before level 90 is to dump gear or mats in there for a ton of G and get back to questing. The AH is like the stock exchange. A small % gets rich, while a large pool of unmotivated characters purchase what they could otherwise earn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yep, and it's for the better! Now I am making tons of moo-la every week off of selling fancy drops from my dungeon and raid runs; selling transmog makes up a large portion of my 10k per week income. In fact, I think it might, perhaps, be a majority of it. If your lucky enough to get a single battered hilt, your rich. If you run the FH dungeons every day on all your alts, than your practically guaranteed a fortune. people pay so much just for a sword...
    uhm 10k gold isnt being rich.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely ZERO reason to buy a piece of low level gear in the AH unless you like the way it looks (ie, transmog).

You get PLENTY of upgrades through questing. Even without heirlooms there is no reason to buy anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post

my rogue doesnt use the headband. she prefers masks.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.