Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    so i noticed you're moaning quite alot, i mean even for you, it's alot.

i notice you're critcising everything in your frustration too.

i'm not judging you by saying anything like you're ungrateful, spoilt or obsessed...but you seem to be talking alot.. what are you going to do about it?

are you telling me you're not going to be playing WoD? becuase if you are, why are you moaning so much? it helps no one. and if not, well at least say so, put your money where your mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't WoD the biggest expansion to date? isn't everything promised coming in one form or the other, if not at release, after?
    imo, the game just looks and feels dated.

Compare it to all the more recent games, what's WoW missing? - it looks OLD .. but is it the vintage kind of old wine feel to you? or is it more like old people's home old feel?

imo, do a WoW 2, wrap up this one in the next 2-3 years and relaunch the game and this time with an engine they can upgrade.. a more long term vision.

I'm not sure if any amount of tweaking would make a difference... do you know of anything blizzard could do to attract your friends that quit?
    You end up sounding like a hypocrite when you go back and look at your old posts. Seriously, adding a thread about the whiners adds nothing just as much as them whining. But, we whine because Blizzard has made changes based on that whining before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    In another thread people are saying that WoD is another MoP style "filler expansion." Yeah, they seem so excited......It's not that the game is 10 years old. Its that the development is lackluster and people might just be tired of World of Orcraft.

And you know these new models? Not great. Elsewhere someone linked to this gallery: http://vanesse.deviantart.com/gallery/

Tell me models that looked like that wouldn't be a huge improvement? I mean, if our toons aren't going to look like they have all these years then how about a real change instead of this incremental graphically substandard tripe that is being shoved out the door now?
    Sorry, but these completely over-sexualized female models have nothing to do with Blizzards art direction. They look like cheap, underaged prostitutes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    Sorry, but these completely over-sexualized female models have nothing to do with Blizzards art direction. They look like cheap, underaged prostitutes...
    the point though is the development team could have done a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by talann View Post
    the point though is the development team could have done a better job.
    You can always do a better job, but there isn't infinite time. They've done an awesome job doing something so delicate, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Isn't WoD the biggest expansion to date? isn't everything promised coming in one form or the other, if not at release, after?
    No, not at all. Not sure where you get this from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post

1) Reinstate real skill trees (ie WoTLK style) drop the crap we have now.

2) Replace Glyphs with the most interesting set of glyph choices we had in WoTLK, Cataclysm, and MoP. Drop uninteresting Glyphs.

3) Flying everywhere. You bought it, you own it, you can fly. No more artificial no fly zones. Then Blizzard actually develops content that can work with a flight enabled world, like they did in Cataclysm. Basically, Blizzard stop being so f***ing lazy.

4) Roll back to very alt friendly catchup mechanisms. ie. ability to quickly earn JP and VP, quickly level, etc. One of the great successes of WoTLK was ease of rolling and building up alts to experience the same set of content in an entirely new way. This was entirely lost with leveling on rails, no flight during leveling, etc in MoP.

5) Wide varieties of content difficulty, from LOL-easy Heroics/Dungeons to insanely hard Heroic LK - something for everyone. This one they might actually have close to right now. Hard to tell.

6) Forget the stat squish. Someone send Blizzard a programming book describing 64 bit integers and welcome them to like 2003. Save huge amounts of dev time on recalculating numbers for everything.

7) You can keep in pet battles, they are fine. Add more levels for pets.

8) Keep reforging - make it more versatile, thereby giving more interesting choices to reforgers. No longer just 1 stat for 1 other stat. Perhaps give up some stats for a gem slot, etc.

9) Forget re-itemization, no one asked for it, its a stupid and huge waste of development resources
    you are damn right !
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Impressive dose of passive-aggressiveness in that post, OP.

I actually will give WoD a try, but have no real hopes to stay interested in it. I think some of the encounters look interesting, I'm curious about the story(ies), and like the overall vibe. No-fly and number crunch don't bother me at all, but think that ability prune, gem / stat simplification, etc are being handled rather poorly, and a completely wrong direction for this particular game.

In short, I'll try it because I'm just that bored right now... the MMO genre is in a rather terrible state, despite having a wide number of titles to choose from.

And no, this isn't going to be the biggest expansion to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    I'm moaning about rogues and shamans cause those are the only classes I really do enjoy and they are effing them up pretty badly. I will give them a try tho but I dont expect myself to be subscried for too long if they dont fix something. So I will be playing WoD even tho I'm complaining ( because even tho a lot of stuff is wrong atm, u cant complain u just have to be a happy little blizzard fanboy ) but I dont expect it to last.
    Right now rogues and enh/resto shamans are in veryyyyy good places. The builds have been coming fast so you probably want to check them out. Also, there have been mythic raid testing streams from the rogue POVs that look really good.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    We really gonna use ff as an example? The mmo if I remember correctly failed so hard they had to reboot The ENTIRE GAME. Not hyperbole, the entire game from ground up.
    And? Within 1 year it's obtained 3 million subs

- - - Updated - - -

The real question is "Will you remain subbed throughout WoD?"

Despite me loving MoP I was only subbed 1 year

I'm going to sit this one out. I like playing a rogue more than I like any of the classes in Wildstar, but I'd rather play a class I don't like as much in a game I like much more than be a rogue stuck in WoW. On the ground, single jumping on my fixed speed mount, swimming at a fixed speed, having to go around anything taller than six feet high, going home to a human fort I was commanded to build by High King Chynn so I can command my regiment of footmen to go fight an enemy I just can't be arsed to fight anymore . . . I'm nodding off just thinking about it. I want to play at being an explorer, but they're trying to make me a manager.

WoW has a long way to go before it'll be something I want to play again, and they're very firmly committed to going in the other direction at this point. I still enjoy keeping up with what's going on with the development, and I hope they'll veer back in the direction I want to go.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta at this stage is meh, its alright I guess and thats about it for me in how I feel.

Agree, it feels small and like I said, it really feels like a major patch in ways then a new expansion to be.
    Might play it, though at this stage i think they new once released will wear off too fast.

Unless a hell of alot more is done/added between now and launch. If it remains like it is, I think tonnes of people will be very disppointed
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.