Poll: Which do you think is a bigger Gate

Which do you think is the bigger gate?

With potentially only two raid tiers and no more guaranteed dungeons than what WoD launches with, it is important for Blizzard to slow down our content consumption. They did this in MOP by requiring dailies to be completed to spend our valor points we earned.

It appears our main gate in WoD will be reducing out travel time by over 200%. THis will slow us down more than the dailies did in MoP.

My question is which is a bigger gate, MOP Dailies to spend valor in MOP or slowing travel speed by over 200% WoD?

I know Blizzard will revert it, just like they did with the dailies. Players do not like gates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    With potentially only two raid tiers and no more guaranteed dungeons than what WoD launches with, it is important for Blizzard to slow down our content consumption. They did this in MOP by requiring dailies to be completed to spend our valor points we earned.

It appears our main gate in WoD will be reducing out travel time by over 200%. THis will slow us down more than the dailies did in MoP.

My question is which is a bigger gate, MOP Dailies to spend valor in MOP or slowing travel speed by over 200% WoD?

I know Blizzard will revert it, just like they did with the dailies. Players do not like gates.
    Flight paths, portals, garrison hearth and normal hearthstone kind of make that travel speed thing moot.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Flight paths, portals, garrison hearth and normal hearthstone kind of make that travel speed thing moot.
    I sure hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The daily lockout from MoP will probably end up a bigger time gate even taking travel time into account. Other than the storyline endgame quests, you can go hunt down every single rare mob and event right after server reset and do all your Garrison stuff for the day in an hour besides (and you even get a convenient second hearthstone keyed to your Garrison.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    That travel time thing is pointless for the speed at which you consume the content in WoD. Not only can you have portals and pretty quick Flight Paths, but Quest hubs and objectives are packed much more densely, greatly reducing your need to cover huge distances. For series of quests, for example inside enemy bases, you will just have quest npcs that follow you on that journey, allowing you to turn in your quest right where they take place and handing out the following objectives. You really don't need to mount a flying mount to do quests efficiently in Draenor other than for the sake of argument.
    Mining and herbalism can be done in your personal mine and herb garden at your garrison, at least to some extent.

The only thing you could really need a flying mount for is to travel to another zone from your base of operation which can be your garrison or ashran and portals and flight paths cover that.
    It just doesn't gate content, it just forces you to experience the content the way it was meant to be experienced and in return it is designed much more appealing and beautiful compared to previous expansions. That daily grind however did. Massively.
    I already leveled to 100 on the beta more often than I managed to force myself through MoP questing and I actually had fun doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Wrong. Once you've done your MoP dailies you were slowed down infinitely for the day as you were unable to make any progress. As MoP dailies were required for valor gear you were infinitely slowed down on valor character progression. Most WoD faction rewards are cosmetic.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-08-20 at 01:53 PM.