Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Do you really want police officers that will just trust the words of some passer by and turn around and leave when they see somebody who at the very least is a vagrant which you are not allowed to be. This thread stinks of nonsense, injecting insulin is nothing like shooting up. So you made an assumption or are telling some nonsense story. You would have to be a pretty stupid cop to confuse injecting insulin into the fatty meat on your stomach, leg or back of your arm.
    I never sad he was shooting it up into his arm did I? My father is diabetic too, I know how insulin is injected.

Yes, the cop was stupid. Oh, not cop, cops.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5692266.html

As bad as brutality is, it's that mentality that's the root problem. No amount of prosecution, punishment, or rioting will accomplish anything when it just treats the symptoms.

No.

Only experiences I've ever personally had with the police have been a couple of speeding tickets (both from state troopers), and those were both over in like 10 minutes and never got physical in any way. One of them was definitely a complete asshole, the other was....less so but still an asshole, but that wasn't "brutality" by any stretch.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-20 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, never even have seen a chase. Most cops are usually just talking with someone or checking stuff on their computer in their police car.

Just remembered back in my high school days some girl who was fighting had to be pinned down because she kept kicking and spitting even after they told her to stop.
    Last edited by NuLogic; 2014-08-20 at 04:20 PM.

I wish the police in my country/region became more brutal. 2 years ago I was about to visit the hospital for a family member, when all of a sudden the traffic was stopped in front of the hospital because, I kid you not, a maniac whom escaped from a madhouse which is located next to the hospital. He just on the middle of the road and ran over everyone's car, kicked them, and any person who would confront him, he would attack (without weapons). It was a large guy, and he was outside of the madhouse under supervision, but the supervisor got suddenly attacked by the maniac and he managed to escape from him to cause trouble. Anyway, almost none dared to confront the guy so everyone stayed within their cars. At one point some guy confronted him because this couldn't go on forever. The maniac started to brutally assault the guy and the guy barely managed to dodge his attacks. The guy then floored him and I and couple of others stepped out of the car to keep the guy floored. We were with 5 guys on him and he wouldn't remain calm at all. Some other random person ran into the hospital to get the hospital security, so the hospital security arrived, and what did he do? He just stood there, watching us holding the guy, and the security guy called the police and just cycled away, leaving us there with the guy. After 15 minutes the police still didn't arrive so everyone was wondering like ''where the fuck is the police?''. Some other random bystander called the police again and the police said they didn't receive any call. So at that point they finally started to dispatch. Took them another 20 minutes to get to us (in the center of the city). After 30 minutes we were really starting to lose our grip and the guy just wouldn't calm down at all. Finally, after about 40 minutes since it happened, we saw 2 police cars driving in the distance towards us. But without ANY form of sirens or alarm, like they were not in a rush at all, they even stopped in front of the traffic lights until it turned green. Pretty much every single one of us got annoyed at that point by the police and their awful attitude. So they finally arrived, and again, they took it calmly, parked their police cars nice and tidy on a parking spot, then walked slowly, REALLY slowly, towards us. The first thing they asked is ''What are you guys doing to that man? What did he do?'' before they started to help us out. Luckily one of the guys who was helping us turned about the a cop off-duty, which had some influence on the police, otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if they'd let the maniac go and arrest us instead. Therefore, our police has to change their attitude and become more brutal. We even have the problem in our country in the last few years that the police feels threatened too often by civilians. No surprise if their attitude is like it's currently.

Also, this wasn't the first time the cops' attitude is total !$@#. I once had a car accident and the cops told me to call the fire department instead and they fined me because I called them instead of the fire department while you usually call the cops here when you have an accident due to insurances etc. But I won't tell that story as I'm going off-topic then

All in all, I've had it with the police here. They have to change their attitude. I know now, if I ever get in trouble, that you should never call the police as it'll get you only in more trouble, even if you're the victim.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-08-20 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I live in one of those weird places where we look up to and respect the police, and they treat us equally in return.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I have dealt with bad cops, they're small town cops. Pieces of shit in my opinion but oh well.

One time a cop was driving without his headlights on and then was mad when I almost hit him. I was polite and everything to him, but he still got mad and told me he better never see me in town again and blah blah. No ticket.

The other time some cop was going easily over 100 without his emergency lights and sirens on as I merged onto the highway. Looked in my rearview mirror and saw a car behind me from a very long distance. Before I knew it, he was right beside me as he hit his brakes and went into the grass. Got all mad and told me it was my fault, but I told him I saw him a from far away. Still yelled at me while I was trying to be polite, but no ticket for running him off the road... go figure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got pulled over by a black cop for not noticing a stop sign. Nicest man I've met.

He let me go because my criminal record was non-existent (AKA: never had issues with the police before that).

Not exactly brutality, but almost got arrested for trying to drive home.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.