Deleted

is this enough for WoW?

Hi guys,

im considering to buy laptop. It would be my very first laptop (so far olny PC) and i have a lot of worries about it. I'm wondering if there is any chance of playing on this computer in WoW with comfort? (idk, all medium and about 25 fps?)
    I really like this laptop look, but if it cant handle wow i will be pretty fcked

HP Envy 4-1110sw
    Intel Core i5-3317U 1,7 GHz
    6gb ddr3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000

I know exacly that this laptop is not for games, i know, but maybe there is a chance to handle atleast WoW + hearthstone. And yes, im thinking about new expansion WoD

If not, there is still a lot of way better 15' laptops, but 2.4kg is just a lot...

Thanks for any help

That would probably run WoW at medium with 25 FPS (Maybe not so much 25 man raids) but the real weakness is the onboard graphics there (Intel HD 4000). My friend had an earlier version of the Envy (had some AMD A4, 4GB RAM, possibly shitter onboard graphics) and she played fine, but later on it did have some overheating issues and the CPU fan burnt out and the hinge broke as well. I've always been weary of HP for laptops since it seem's like they don't last, but that's just my opinion and what I have seen.

Deleted
    "Intel HD Graphics 4000"

BURN IT!!!! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!

seriously spend a little extra and find one with a real graphics card those HD intel things are just awful

I had an ultrabook with the same specs and it wouldn't run wow on medium at 25fps. Low worked fine until you got into a city or stepped into pandria.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of "will this work", why don't you just tell us what you're willing to spend and what you need it for. Could be much more help to you and probably find you something with much better quality.

Honestly the 1.7Ghz on the CPU is going to murder your raids and crowded zones. Laptops are bad enough for games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by alverini View Post
    Hi guys,

im considering to buy laptop. It would be my very first laptop (so far olny PC) and i have a lot of worries about it. I'm wondering if there is any chance of playing on this computer in WoW with comfort? (idk, all medium and about 25 fps?)
    I really like this laptop look, but if it cant handle wow i will be pretty fcked
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    I know exacly that this laptop is not for games, i know, but maybe there is a chance to handle atleast WoW + hearthstone. And yes, im thinking about new expansion WoD

If not, there is still a lot of way better 15' laptops, but 2.4kg is just a lot...

Thanks for any help
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 Intel HD Graphics 4000 Intel HD Graphics 4000 Intel HD Graphics 4000!!!

Intel HD 5000, and Irish even on Macbook Air's/Retina's (WITHOUT Discrete) with A+ everything else don't run it near max. I would highly suggest Discrete/Dedicated Graphics Unit. I M O

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the integrated graphics really depends. My currently laptop has a i5 3210M and it didn't exactly run FFXIV all that well when I had it with single channel RAM. Added another stick both being 1600MHz CL10(? 11?) improved performance a lot to something playable of about 25-30FPS. This is however on 1366x768. Mileage may vary I suppose.

Deleted
    First of all I would like to thanks for all responds. You are great.

I know exactly that i cant play on notebook. This is hardware for work and i know that. I wont go for raid on this, I just want sometimes make some quest or dungeon when im at university or on my bad.
    I have about 500 euros (im not from USA or GB, it's after convert). I know that it isnt much, but for this price i have HP Envy 4, samsung ativ 9 and hp 4540s. The last one would be perfect for wow (it has some great performers etc on Metro 2033 (+70fps in low and +50 on medium)) but unfortunately....

I think im looking for some less screen then 15'. 14 or less would be perfect. In the first way i need this notebook for university and it cant be too heavy. If there would be any normal notebook (not ultrabook) with hardware from 4540s for even 600 euros i would buy it already. but , once more, unfortunately...

I figuerd out so far, that there isnt any notebook for this price. I can go in envy 4 or in normal big 15' notebook and enjoying spending time in wow on my bad. And guys, I would be delighted in Macbook Air, belive me, but it costs twice times more then these notebooks

If i missed any notebook for this piece (maybe +150euros) let me know.

And once more thanks for feedback. Btw, im playing WoW since very begining in TBC, but right know my account is frozen (for maybe 2-3 weeks) and i do you know that I cant post threat on battlenet? a little bit disappointing but meh Sorry for my english, I hope all informations are clear

E: btw, what do You think about ASUS Q301? it has Mobile Intel® HD 4400, i belive it's still better then 4000, this nokebook has 13' screen, a lot of ram....
    thailongcomputer.com/asus-qbpa-series/asus-q301.1305.html - the same but with 8gb of ram.

Let me know if there is any sens to go in this notebook or i just need to forget about this 4xxx cards

E2: Ok guys, i would take propably Sony VAIO 14 SVF14 with GT 740M on the board
    Last edited by mmoccc84c2cfec; 2014-08-21 at 08:46 PM.

not sure if i remember a budget but this is an older laptop business machine that shouldn't break the bank. I didn't run a link....not sure what i can and cannot link but this is from overstock.com. obviosuly they are running older machines and some crappy specs but you can wade thru the stuff thats no good if your trying to save a dime. remember this is a business machine(suppose to be built better for longer life and support).

HP 8540P Core i7 2.66GHz 4GB 320GB DVDRW Webcam 15.5-inch Windows 7 Pro Laptop (Refurbished)