Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am sure glad I do not overly care about how my face looks.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said no, and it's not like they're taking your old character's appearance away, you can still use the old models if you want.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    They already said no

Didn't someone say it was being discussed at the moment, rather than no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They should just give one free appearance change per account included with WoD like the boost to 90.
    That seems more likely.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I think that would be nice for a one time thing. But if your really not satisfied with how your person looks then just keep them how they were.

Terrible, terrible idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Gee, one free face change is really gonna help me out since I have 14 toons that I actually play.
    Most/all of them are similar. Get real and stop over exaggerating. You can just disable new models if you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You can use the old models still, and look exactly as you do now.

Hahahahahahahah.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-21 at 12:23 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Hahahahahahahah.
    Its no laughing matter, you can.

If your not happy with how the updated models look, just use the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Gee, one free face change is really gonna help me out since I have 14 toons that I actually play.
    Didn't you say you aren't even subbed right now? But I guess one free face change won't help when you are playing 0 toons too

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    Its no laughing matter, you can.

If your not happy with how the updated models look, just use the old ones.
    But I will pay the expansion and new models is a major selling point. Will they return some of the money back if I don't use the new models?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    One free character change should be available as gesture of customer appreciation, and that's all I care for. Blizzard giving not even one change sounds too stingy even for them, and reeks of an attempt to take advantage of a situation due to progression of the game.

Asking for a full account recustomization is just being selfish at this point. As much as I'd like that myself, Blizzard has paid character changes, I seriously doubt they would be that generous.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    But I will pay the expansion and new models is a major selling point. Will they return some of the money back if I don't use the new models?
    No because you still can use them, you have that option.

Your not paying extra for them anyways, they'll probably come free with patch 6.0 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    No because you still can use them, you have that option.

Your not paying extra for them anyways, they'll probably come free with patch 6.0 or whatever.
    fair enough. But I can say for sure that many people will get pissed if their character don't look good...and will also get pissed to be "forced" use the old models. Don't underestimate how much some people care about their toons and how they will react on this
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

fair enough. But I can say for sure that many people will get pissed if their character don't look good...and will also get pissed to be "forced" use the old models. Don't underestimate how much some people care about their toons and how they will react on this
    Well they can't account for everyone's tastes. Do you expect them to personally tell everyone what their character will end up looking like and edit their plans based on millions of people's different opinions?

having race/faction change and server transfers as paid services make sense in order to avoid the chaos from people constantly using those services...but having the option to re-customize your character (skin tone, face) should be completely free as a subscription game. I understand that F2P and B2P games need to make money from these things but a sub game is completely ridiculous to charge for re-customizations...
    ^this
    10 chars
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Tom Chilton has JUST said (like 3 days ago), that they are still internally discussing it. It was even on the front page here. It really sounded like it was something that HE wanted to do, but it is probably not the devs who are in charge of that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    ^this
    10 chars
    There is no law or rule that states all Sub Based games should offer free customization services. Race changes really aren't that far off from gender/face/body customization. But this is beside the point.

They are offering the option to keep the old models. The complaints here are baseless.

You should be allowed a one-time only appearance change with each character you have on your account in lieu of the new models and options they present.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No.
    It has been answered before.
    There won't be any, and for the reason I stated.
    You might want to inform Blizzard that you decided that. They announced that they are still considering it.

I don't understand why so many are against each character receiving ONE free customization. How does it affect you? How hard is it for Blizzard to do?

Unless it'd cost Blizzard too many man-hours to enable a free customization for everyone, there's no reason it shouldn't be done.