Deleted

Return to game - Merc or Assassin or guardian

Hi i just returned after a 8 month hiatus, wondering what character to level first between a merc and an assassin and guardian
    things im looking for
    -Best storyline
    -Best companions
    -Best dps at endgame pve

(merc is 34, guardian is 43 and assassin is...0 ;D)

Deleted
    IMO of the 3 you've listed :-
    Best storyline - Guardian
    Best companions - Merc - but there again I would use Treek.
    Best DPS at endgame - Merc - I don't crunch the numbers but I've found Merc most fun out of the 3 AC you listed and it 'seems' to do nice damage. If you are looking to do top end NiM Ops you'll need to crunch some number for the best DPS.

Welcome back and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    IMO of the 3 you've listed :-
    Best storyline - Guardian
    Best companions - Merc - but there again I would use Treek.
    Best DPS at endgame - Merc - I don't crunch the numbers but I've found Merc most fun out of the 3 AC you listed and it 'seems' to do nice damage. If you are looking to do top end NiM Ops you'll need to crunch some number for the best DPS.

Welcome back and good luck.
    I got to agree with this.

I'm not fond of end game guardian but it's got a great story.

Mercs do get a nice companion right away and she doesn't make you sick to use or look at or hear. (Treek is still the best companion but damn I wish I could shut her up from talking so much and she would use all your old AIM gear)

As far as what you listed, I like the Merc (arsenal spec) best in play style. Shooting wrist rockets, rail shots, double blasters and a back pack rocket launcher. It's all visually very cool to watch even if it's over and over. Plus Mercs bring an additional cleanse and spot heal (should you just have to have it even as a DPS spec). They do good DPS from what I understand, are one of the easiest classes to play at end game (rotation wise) and bring the armor debuff to any group you're with.

It was a fun class and the story is not bad either.

Didn't madness get huge dps buffs for assassins and Inquisitors?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Didn't madness get huge dps buffs for assassins and Inquisitors?
    From what I've heard Madness is one of the lower DPS specs currently, so...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    From what I've heard Madness is one of the lower DPS specs currently, so...no.
    I do believe that madness got big buffs in the last major patch, to the point that it might even be the dps spec (for assassins) to play for PvP and perhaps PvE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    I do believe that madness got big buffs in the last major patch, to the point that it might even be the dps spec (for assassins) to play for PvP and perhaps PvE as well.
    It is the top assassin DPS spec AFAIK, but it's still substantially lower than maras, mercs, snipers, etc. Assassin DPS just isn't among the top right now, regardless of spec.

Wow! worst thread ever... Assassins substantially lower than maras, mercs, snipers, etc... Seriously? They are the top DPS in the game and had been for months before this post was started and still are today. Snipers have good raid utility but are by far the weakest unless you are including Engineering which is only relevant in a few fights and is getting the nerf hammer taken to it and no more roll in place. Maras and mercs still put up good numbers but madness sins are king for now.

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoSister View Post
    Wow! worst thread ever... Assassins substantially lower than maras, mercs, snipers, etc... Seriously? They are the top DPS in the game
    They're top DPS in the game if your guild runs with shitty players on the other classes, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done much end-game stuff (or PvP), having recently resubscribed, but the Guardian story is awesome (Assassin is terrible).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I haven't done much end-game stuff (or PvP), having recently resubscribed, but the Guardian story is awesome (Assassin is terrible).
    I enjoyed the assassin story, though it definitely wasn't as interesting as the agent or warrior(never did Guardian) stories.