A few questions from a returning player

Now, I haven't played this game since right before the Firelands patch, so there are some things I'm quite curious about.

1. Transmog. Back when it was first released, I saw quite a bit complaints that you couldn't transmog "white" gear. Is this still the case? And I'm not sure what that meant tbh. Did that mean that you can't change the appearance of white gear you were wearing, or did it mean that you couldn't make your gear look like a "white gear" model?
    2. Transmog. Is Transmog limited to a certain level? For instance, can I use it on my level 1 and/or on Heirlooms?
    3. Dungeon/LFR. Since the time LFR has been added, have the queue times for Heroic Dungeons increased?
    4. Mounts. I've read somewhere that mounts are now account-wide. Does this apply to all mounts?

Off the top of my head, those are the only questions I can think of. Any help is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You can still only transmog things which are green/blue/epic quality. Some items are excluded, like using fish for weapons.

2. You can only transmog gear that you can actually equip. So no, you can't mog a level 1's gear to look like a level 90's.

3. Queue times are pretty terrible atm. Less people playing as they wait for Warlords to get here.

4. All mounts except class specific and top-end PvP mounts. Those are meant to show your mastery in PvP with a specific class.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashRandom View Post
    Now, I haven't played this game since right before the Firelands patch, so there are some things I'm quite curious about.

1. Transmog. Back when it was first released, I saw quite a bit complaints that you couldn't transmog "white" gear. Is this still the case? And I'm not sure what that meant tbh. Did that mean that you can't change the appearance of white gear you were wearing, or did it mean that you couldn't make your gear look like a "white gear" model?
    2. Transmog. Is Transmog limited to a certain level? For instance, can I use it on my level 1 and/or on Heirlooms?
    3. Dungeon/LFR. Since the time LFR has been added, have the queue times for Heroic Dungeons increased?
    4. Mounts. I've read somewhere that mounts are now account-wide. Does this apply to all mounts?

Off the top of my head, those are the only questions I can think of. Any help is appreciated.
    1. Nope. You still can't transmog into white items, it has to have stats or be tagged as "cosmetic". You can change the appearance of white gear but I don't see why would you be wearing whites in the first place.

2. In order to use an item to transmog into, you must be able to equip that item and it also must be of the same type. That means you can't mog into types of items that you can't wear, like mogging into higher level items than what you can wear at that moment, nor can you mog cloth into plate. You also can't mog weapons into other weapons that have a different attack animation, like 1handed swords into fists or 2handed swords into polearms or staves, or viceversa.

3. No, I can't say they have. You can only get loot from each raid in the LFR once per week.

4. Mounts are account wide, with the exception of class specific ones (paladin mount, warlock mount), race specific ones (worgen), faction specific ones (horses, rams, etc) and those from certain pvp achievements (not sure about this one, though).

Thank you both for the answers, but I think there is some confusion in question 2 and I can see why. I could've worded it better.

I'm asking, at level 1, can I use the trasmog feature to make my level 1 gear look like other level 1 gear or is that feature limited to 85+?

And I was also asking if Heirlooms can be transmogged to look like quest gear I obtain while leveling. And while I'm at it, I suppose I should ask another question related to that.

Provided that I could wear the particular Heirloom piece, could I transmog a regular piece of gear to have the Heirloom appearance? I'm not sure why I would outside of a few situations, but I'm curious.

Keep in mind that these are 3 separate questions.

Thank you both for the answers, but I think there is some confusion in question 2 and I can see why. I could've worded it better.

I'm asking, at level 1, can I use the trasmog feature to make my level 1 gear look like other level 1 gear or is that feature limited to 85+?

And I was also asking if Heirlooms can be transmogged to look like quest gear I obtain while leveling. And while I'm at it, I suppose I should ask another question related to that.

Provided that I could wear the particular Heirloom piece, could I transmog a regular piece of gear to have the Heirloom appearance? I'm not sure why I would outside of a few situations, but I'm curious.

1st: The feature is not limited to 85+ as far as I know, so technically it's possible as long as what your transmogging into can be used for transmog.
    2nd: Yes, I think so. I haven't tried yet myself through.
    3rd: Yep.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes to all three, however the price to transmog the 85+ heirlooms is fairly high so if you're short on gold it won't be a good idea to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    1. You can still only transmog things which are green/blue/epic quality. Some items are excluded, like using fish for weapons.

2. You can only transmog gear that you can actually equip. So no, you can't mog a level 1's gear to look like a level 90's.

3. Queue times are pretty terrible atm. Less people playing as they wait for Warlords to get here.

4. All mounts except class specific and top-end PvP mounts. Those are meant to show your mastery in PvP with a specific class.
    To clarify point one, items must have stats on the item beyond just armor and weapon damage/spell power though there do exist some exceptions to this such as the armor sets from Dark Shamans and Challenge Modes. In addition, some items can not be mogged because they're too "silly" by Blizzard's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by pa1kia View Post
    1st: The feature is not limited to 85+ as far as I know, so technically it's possible as long as what your transmogging into can be used for transmog.
    2nd: Yes, I think so. I haven't tried yet myself through.
    3rd: Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yes to all three, however the price to transmog the 85+ heirlooms is fairly high so if you're short on gold it won't be a good idea to do that.
    Ah, I see. I'll be careful about what I transmog then.

Here's a comprehensive set of the rules...
    http://wowroleplaygear.com/2011/11/2...ication-rules/

...and here is a blacklist of things you may not be able to transmog:
    http://wowroleplaygear.com/2012/01/1...ion-blacklist/

i just started playing today after 2 years. i have to say the character boost was not the best experience to start with.
    new computer, new mouse with 12 keys, starting from scratch with (no) addons, thousands of spells i have to arrange.
    took me forever just to prepare my character and then i was in a shrine in pandaria where i dont know a thing. should have started in stormwind.

i guess i should have started with a new char first to get settled in.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO start a level 1 of the class you boosted, level it up a bit to become more and more familiar with the 90 you'll eventually be playing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

...Or just wait until WoD and you can freely mash 6 keys FTW.