Just Played Beta (Ele)

I just played a few hours on beta as ele and while I was not a fan of the staff the build felt just like it does on live now.

Flame Shock-->Unleash-->Lava-->Dead or a shock away from dead!

It seems this build is one of the few that still has a good amount of buttons to press and I just don't see how some think its bad?

Anything I am missing?

Shamans, especially Enhancement, has always had a lot of keybinds, and a lot of damage sources. The "Shaman" class fills a spec that is very versatile in filling roles, with an answer to nearly every threat or issue, but not spectacular in all of them. With that, there will seem like there are a lot of buttons, (as there are)

But the rotation for Elemental starts to even out. The spec has a lot of short cooldown elements in its rotation, which means that right when you start your rotation, you have a priority of 5 or 6 spells that need to be cast right after another. It can seem overwhelming at first, but after those 5 or 6 have passed, and about 10-15 seconds into the dps rotation, it starts to slow down. They are designed to elapse at different rates, so that they should all line up at the beginning like they do.

The point of the ability pruning wasn't to take buttons out of the rotation. It was to take buttons that were not in the rotation. Such as Flametongue Weapon (you cast it once an hour), or that they combined the Grace of Air, Elemental Oath, and (something else haste buff). Stuff you don't use. If its done right, you wont notice the ability pruning.

TLR Its a lot of keybinds, but only because you have a lot to press in the first 10 seconds, it smooths out the longer the fight lasts.
    Last edited by Zixan; 2014-08-20 at 11:24 PM.

...but why do some poster express 'low dps' or 'wet noodle' when talking about beta ele? I played it and can not see it, I hit like a 10 tin truck and can kill quest mobs faster than a BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ...but why do some poster express 'low dps' or 'wet noodle' when talking about beta ele? I played it and can not see it, I hit like a 10 tin truck and can kill quest mobs faster than a BM.
    "quest mobs" are not what the DPS is being balanced for
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quest mobs are very easy so far.

Damage will be measured in raids and RBG /Arena.

Deleted
    although my char is in full heroic and some warforged heroic gear i can say for certain that you are going to 2-3 shot enemies until level 96+ I personally slowly started replacing items at level 100 since i couldn't find anything better before that >.> sooo yeah depending on your gear you can destroy quest mobs elites whatever very easily. At the begining the mobs were literally 1 melle hit (As elemental mind u) from dieing just from the proc of my cloak.
    Conclusion its not that the shaman class is doing great dps its the mobs that have very low hp

I was hoping mobs might actually provide a challenge in WoD. Given that Blizz don't want us flying over content, they could at least give combat something to be at least vaguely threatening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

The mobs can't be too challenging because people are going to be heading there with sub 430 gear if they are leveling 1-90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I was hoping mobs might actually provide a challenge in WoD. Given that Blizz don't want us flying over content, they could at least give combat something to be at least vaguely threatening.
    Be careful what you wish for...you don't want that quest item/gathering node being taken by the next player because of mobs with bullshit infinite-range charge/stun mechanics like on Timeless Isle do you? (and I bet there'll be plenty of mobs like that, simply because they can't be skipped w/o certain class abilities)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2014-08-21 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    You have to fly through leveling...you only have 2 weeks from release to the limited Lv100 anniversary raid

Too bad too...I wanted to enjoy this storyline while questing

Maybe on an Alt I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    You have to fly through leveling...you only have 2 weeks from release to the limited Lv100 anniversary raid

Too bad too...I wanted to enjoy this storyline while questing

Maybe on an Alt I guess.
    They also said that anniversary stuff will last longer than it has in previous times.

Just went over blue posts and they said Elemental damage was nurfed as it was too high and most testers would not have realized that yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Be careful what you wish for...you don't want that quest item/gathering node being taken by the next player because of mobs with bullshit infinite-range charge/stun mechanics like on Timeless Isle do you? (and I bet there'll be plenty of mobs like that, simply because they can't be skipped w/o certain class abilities)
    It seemed to work ok in Burning Crusade, I don't recall any gimmicks like that present there.
    But yeah, that charge/stun thing is bullshit. Doesn't matter if you're a pet class or have a charge yourself, but for non-pet casters it's crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"