Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    I'd rather work for doublefine or bethesda... or blizzard. Those companies make the games I always look forward too the most. all those ppl just say vavle because they are half-life fanboys who think if they work there they can see hl3 before anyone else.
    But Half Life and Portal are master pieces though. Even though I love WoW, developing a game like HL would be more fun. Doesn't even have to be any of those games, just similar games like that with interesting game play.

BioWare would be awesome as well. Dragon Age and Mass Effect? Yes please.

But, I'd prefer working on a FPS game with fun/interesting gameplay, like HL/Portal/Thief.

That's just people wanting to find out if Half Life 3 is being made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    That's just people wanting to find out if Half Life 3 is being made.
    It'll be behind a door labeled "Top Secret new employees not allowed". >.>

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I had a buddy I used to raid with who worked for Blizzard, he absolutely fucking hated it, all I ever heard from him was how shitty they treated their employees. Now works at EA say's it was the best change he's ever made in his life.
    Interestingly enough I also know somebody who used to work for Blizzard in their customer service department and they said the exact same thing. Apparently it used to be a brilliantly laid back but driven environment up until the infamous merge with Activision and then afterwards all sorts of strange policies ended up being put into place that made it a very unpleasant experience for regular employees.

As for me? I don't think I'd enjoy gaming as much as I do now if I got involved with the industry. I would like to work on telling a good story and creating interesting dialogue in a game though!

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Upon entering the room;

Gabe: Well, it looks like we won't be working together. No regrets, Mr. Newguy…

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wait, are the new employees top secret or the door is labeled top secret? I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverence View Post
    Wait, are the new employees top secret or the door is labeled top secret? I'm confused.
    When in doubt, both of em.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The fact that Naughty Dog is high on the list tells you just how many delusionl/blind children are wandering into colleges in a vain hope that they could dev massively overrated games and get rich off of it because Sony's quarterly report said that they sold a ton...
    Naughty Dog is a great place to work, by all accounts. The Last of Us documentary probably had a lot to do with it, as it emphasized the company's flat hierarchy, which is certainly appealing to a lot of would-be game designers.

Blizzard is also of course known for having a lot of talent and a bitchin' campus, with a lot of company-sponsored programs to help employees grow (lectures, classes apprenticeships, retreats, etc.), so that's no surprise to me.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2014-08-21 at 03:05 PM.

I'd rather see Valve work on a new IP than HL3 or Portal 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

The fact that Naughty Dog is high on the list tells you just how many delusionl/blind children are wandering into colleges in a vain hope that they could dev massively overrated games and get rich off of it because Sony's quarterly report said that they sold a ton of boxes.
    Pretty sure if someone wanted to get rich they would try to get into Activision long before Naughty Dog.