Poll: Should humans be allowed to marry AI?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    No, fucks sake... What's this obsession with marrying?
    For some it's a religious thing, in which case you certainly couldn't marry a robot/program and still claim to be living in accordance to your God's wishes, so I don't think the church should be made to accept the desecrating the union that they believe to be holy.
    If you're not religious it's a deceleration of love and for practical reasons (legal, financial etc.) and the deceleration of love part can be accomplished completely without any consent or recognition from your state/government, and you should certainly not be getting benefits that are intended to support people living together and creating a family, just because you really like your program.

Have private ceremony and call it marriage or whatever the hell you wish, but you should not force a religious institution to accept it or the government to support it just because you found a program advanced enough to trick your brain into creating an emotional bond.
    who the hell said anything about it in a religious/government sponsored sense? oh thats right you just did. it seems more as if they are talking about it in the context of should it be allowed?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

No, fucks sake... What's this obsession with marrying?
    For some it's a religious thing, in which case you certainly couldn't marry a robot/program and still claim to be living in accordance to your God's wishes, so I don't think the church should be made to accept the desecration of the union that they believe to be holy.
    If you're not religious it's a deceleration of love and for practical reasons (legal, financial etc.) and the deceleration of love part can be accomplished completely without any consent or recognition from your state/government, and you should certainly not be getting benefits that are intended to support people living together and creating a family, just because you really like your program.

Have private ceremony and call it marriage or whatever the hell you wish, but you should not force a religious institution to accept it or the government to support it just because you found a program advanced enough to trick your brain into creating an emotional bond.
    yah but, Waifu is real now.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    AI robots with artificial wombs.......then what would we need women for?

Assuming it reaches the point where it could give consent, yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    who the hell said anything about it in a religious/government sponsored sense? oh thats right you just did. it seems more as if they are talking about it in the context of should it be allowed?
    Then what is it? Without government/state or religious recognition it's just a private celebration, and you're misusing the term "marriage". I can hold a party in my basement and tell my toaster "I do", but that doesn't mean we're married, and I certainly wouldn't be asking for permission to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    First should AI marry AI?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    AI robots with artificial wombs.......then what would we need women for?
    Women have dildos but we still keep men around.

*note to self*
    Never google dildos images without safe search on. Well at least it saved me from a ban.

Then what is it? Without government/state or religious recognition it's just a private celebration, and you're misusing the term "marriage". I can hold a party in my basement and tell my toaster "I do", but that doesn't mean we're married, and I certainly wouldn't be asking for permission to do so.
    Marriage in the government/state sense is just a contract between two people. There are benefits that you can enjoy by being married but I would not call them good enough to make marriage government sanctioned.
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2014-08-20 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What if we manage to create AI that are able to give birth to human babies?
    Should mankind even possess such capability?!

Deleted
    Why on earth would an AI want to marry anyone? Having access to the worlds database and all our knowledge it wouldn't take it a millisecond to realize all the things wrong with marriage and religion.

It's like we want the Christian Conservatives to come out and say their slippery slope argument was an actual slope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Marriage in the government/state sense is just a contract between two people. There are benefits that you can enjoy by being married but I would not call them good enough to make marriage government sanctioned.
    Then whose permission are you asking here? Traditionally the ones who decide who can marry is the state, and then once they allow it the churches makes a decision within their religious communities.

If you're not asking permission from the state, and not from the church, then who? If it's an unofficial marriage why are you asking at all? I don't get it....

You're better off asking should AI/sufficiently intelligent robots be given legal rights. If they maintain no rights they'd be considered property same as a house or refrigerator, in which case they couldn't enter into a contract/marriage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    Why on earth would an AI want to marry anyone? Having access to the worlds database and all our knowledge it wouldn't take it a millisecond to realize all the things wrong with marriage and religion.
    Funny thing is, AIs might embrace it, to a far more extreme degree than humans. AIs might be advanced computers, but we have no way to tell how their logic/moral/ethics would evolve

Also, an AI that could access the entire world's database and translate and understand it, is something that we don't even dream about right now
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-08-20 at 11:07 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    And i dont mean the Ai we have right now, but the Ai that is self-aware (wich we will probaly make one day when we find out how human brains work and then translate it to computers).

Pretty much AI would be totaly human or at least 99.999% copy.
    At 99.999% copy of a single human, that AI would be more related to to that person than other humans are related to that person (Unless that person had an identical twin). On average, biochemically any given human is 99.9% similar to any other human.

So that AI would be more human than human.

Cue Daft Punk music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sure, if the AI has evolved to human levels. That would sort of classify the AI as its own species. A robotic species, but a sentient living creature none the less.

Id only marry one if they had an authentic feeling vagina and actually orgasmed something other than 1's and 0's.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Should mankind even possess such capability?!
    There are no brakes on the science train.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1T-lzTHrrw

Buckle up!

Since AI programming must be written by someone, it will always have the biased of the creator. Couple that with skewing its programming...

you are gonna have a bad time. It works so well in science fiction because its that, fiction. It removes all the problems currently in the AI field.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    At 99.999% copy of a single human, that AI would be more related to to that person than other humans are related to that person (Unless that person had an identical twin). On average, biochemically any given human is 99.9% similar to any other human.

So that AI would be more human than human.

Cue Daft Punk music.
    Surely it would only be more like that specific human it was based on, and not more human in general :S

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    Since AI programming must be written by someone, it will always have the biased of the creator. Couple that with skewing its programming...

you are gonna have a bad time. It works so well in science fiction because its that, fiction. It removes all the problems currently in the AI field.
    Not really. Neural networks can learn. Most of the problems in the AI field currently stem from not understanding the human brain well enough to properly emulate it.
    Surely it would only be more like that specific human it was based on, and not more human in general :S
    Well, yes. If it's 99.999% of a specific person, and that specific person was 99.9% similar to all other people, the robot would be 99.899001% related to all other people. Pretty good still.