4 Piece Conundrum for a 586 Fire Mage

Hi guys,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thias/advanced

I could use some advice, my mage is a 586 ilevel fire and sadly my luck hasn't allowed me to get my 4 set (I'm 1 piece off). My guild is currently extending our raid lock out till we get Garrosh, so I can't get my last heroic tier piece (helm). That being said, I did get the normal token off Garrosh a few days ago. My question is that with my gear, is it worth me sacrificing the raw stats from down grading my current helm to the normal tier head just to get my 4 piece for fire.

This is a question mainly for the Garrosh fight, at this stage I'm not doing engineers but that can be changed.

Thanks.

4PT16 is probably the best set bonus (DPS speaking) in the history of set bonuses ever created for Fire Mages.

tl;dr : yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Yes, since its hardly an ilvl drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    4PT16 is probably the best set bonus (DPS speaking) in the history of set bonuses ever created for Fire Mages.

tl;dr : yes.
    Even with the sacrifice of 600ish int, 1.5k mastery and the crit loss too?
    Last edited by Deako; 2014-08-21 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    4 set is not worth it anymore, if you can get immeseus head, thok chest and siegecrafter its worth dropping the 4 set

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Even with the sacrifice of 600ish int, 1.5k mastery and the crit loss too?
    Yes. Try it yourself on dummies

Yes. Try it yourself on dummies

Cool, Ill try that tonight. Do you have any other notes about my gear? I was trying to find the right balance of haste and mastery with my current crit rating. Ive got heroic versions of the crit shoulders and crit boots (cant remember which ones) in my bags, is it worth replacing my current H WF boots and shoulders just for that extra crit?

It's good, but I wouldn't go that far, especially with the levels of crit we have nowadays. If that was for the first tier of the expansion, THEN I'd agree with you. I'd say T10 was an pretty great set, turning MI into an amazing DPS cooldown from a mediocre one (30s of +18% damage)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojah View Post
    4 set is not worth it anymore, if you can get immeseus head, thok chest and siegecrafter its worth dropping the 4 set
    Oh please...

First of all, there's absolutely no way in hell dropping 4pc is worth it if you're not getting pulls longer than 3 minutes.

Even on those extremely short fights, it's still very debatable, and most top mages are disagreeing on whether it's BiS or not.

For dropping 4pc (if you believe that is bis) the following must first be in place:
    - 589 ilvl with like 21k crit & being able to get 13k+ mastery with keeping reasonable haste levels.
    - Sub 3 minute kills. Preferably ~2 minute kills.
    - Multiple crit banners in your raid, also preferably getting tricks of the trade.

None of the above applies to the OP, so saying to drop 4pc is just garbage advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Oh please...

First of all, there's absolutely no way in hell dropping 4pc is worth it if you're not getting pulls longer than 3 minutes.

Even on those extremely short fights, it's still very debatable, and most top mages are disagreeing on whether it's BiS or not.

For dropping 4pc (if you believe that is bis) the following must first be in place:
    - 589 ilvl with like 21k crit & being able to get 13k+ mastery with keeping reasonable haste levels.
    - Multiple crit banners in your raid, also preferably getting tricks of the trade.

None of the above applies to the OP, so saying to drop 4pc is just garbage advice.
    I still think its worth dropping 4 set without fast kill times, but you are the theorycrafter so you are prob right. I personally dont think 4 set helps that much now with the amount of crit we got. I was just trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by Mojah View Post
    I still think its worth dropping 4 set without fast kill times, but you are the theorycrafter so you are prob right. I personally dont think 4 set helps that much now with the amount of crit we got. I was just trying to help
    While the extra stats seem really nice the big thing is those two guaranteed crit pyros, even with awful RNG, your combustion will have those crit pyros.

For top parses playing with that RNG could be worth the payoff, for progression the risk isn't worth the reward as consistent decent dps is far more important than having a godly pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Oh please...

i don't think you get him, mojah is _the_ top mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    i don't think you get him, mojah is _the_ top mage
    I don't see what that has to do with this at all. You can be the best player in the world, but doesn't make you most knowledgeable, and what works for him won't work for everyone else, especially since the OP isn't having 2 minute kill times, he's still progressing.

Sorry I came accross so agressively though, Mojah, was uncalled for.