Cheap battle pets lately

I've noticed a large influx of people unloading rare (mostly TCG) battle pets for very cheap. I bought 1 because I've heard that duped items will disappear when you try to use them. (So ive heard) It worked fine, was a Soul trader, picked it up for only 10k from some random selling a bunch of pets.
    Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew why this might be, maybe something sketchy going on..
    Last edited by Shurtugal; 2014-08-21 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal View Post
    I've noticed a large influx of people unloading rare (mostly TCG) battle pets for very cheap. I bought 1 because I've heard that duped items will disappear when you try to use them. (So ive heard) It worked fine, was a Soul trader, picked it up for only 10k from some random selling a bunch of pets.
    Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew why this might be, maybe something sketchy gonig on..
    if you're talking 20k for soul trader cheap, then those are just dupes and no, blizz probably isn't going to remove them, punish you or punish the seller so buy away

i'd personally much rather gold sellers dupe pets, sell them and then sell the gold vs taking accounts over

It's common with Onyx Panthers too. As long as you buy from the AH, you'll be 100% safe (and GMs will follow up if it randomly disappears from your pet journals). I obviously wouldn't buy stockpiles of duped pets/mounts to flip because there's a good chance you'll lose them. Buying one to learn, sure, but again, AH is the only sure thing.

I would say they are unlikely to delete any item you purchase off the ah. They take into the account that the average person would have no idea they were duped.

They are duped, yes. You won't lose them if you buy them off the Auction House though. Lesson nr1: NEVER buy cheap pets/mounts through trade, unless the person you're trading with is a level 90 with decent amount of achievements and decent English.

I don't know about pets, but I've seen duped panthers that don't work. But as people have said, anything through the AH should work, duped or not.