Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior One button Macros

So I'm relatively new to warriors, but having an absolute blast with mine atm.

My single target rotation is pretty good and ive been practising alot on target dummies and usually fair pretty good in raids considering my gear isn't amazing yet.

One issue im having though after playing mainly casters is in pvp, is I'm chasing my opponents trying desperately to stay on top of them to do damage. My ping isnt so great been from Aus ( 226 average ) and I'm finding it tricky to watch all my internal CDs plus trying to navigate on the screen where to run to chase my targets.

I've heard there are 'one button macros' which essentially prioritise your rotation so you can just spam one button which covers CS, MS, Slam and overpower eg ) But what I want to know is:

a) Is this legal in the eyes of blizzard? is this cheating in a sense?
    b) Do they work well? or am I losing large overall dps relying on these shortcut solutions.?

Considering in pvp your not always right next to your opponent like a raid boss which is crystal clear perfect conditions for damage, im guessing these macros would work well?

Cheers

Is it legal? Yes, as long as you aren't scripting or using external tools (boting).

Does it work well? Absolutely and categorically no. Not for PvP and not for PvE.

What you should be doing is practice. Just do lots of LFR and practice on dummies until you can rely on muscle memory for your buttons over the need to watch things. Once you learned that you can focus on movement more.

Small hint tho, your problem seems to be PvP related. In which case high ping is annoying as all hell, especially as a melee. For those cases macro Hamstring into your Charge and get the Piercing Howl talent.

Yeah you will lose a lot of damage.

No it is not illegal or anything. Unless you use a bot.

Thats for the info. I've found a macro which seems to work rather well and surprisingly enough, the difference in dps is marginal and very hard to determine unless I sat there for ages on the target dummy which I havent had time to do yet. I have no doubt that my own rotations would yield higher dps, but for short bursts in pvp the macro works somewhat.

I still prefer to use my normal rotations in raids but in pvp im finding this macro pretty useful.

Arms beta you can get away with a one button macro doing pretty respectable DPS.

If you try the same thing on live and get anything resembling decent results, chances are you are a pretty bad player to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Arms beta you can get away with a one button macro doing pretty respectable DPS.

If you try the same thing on live and get anything resembling decent results, chances are you are a pretty bad player to start with.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything you can do on beta shouldn't be recommended, as they are not done tuning numbers.

OP, I understand latency issues, but honestly, just press your buttons harder and faster.

Besides, if you want to just hit one button, you should probably be aware that you're playing the wrong game
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I did say I was new to the class so yes I probably am bad, compared to the likes of swifty, but I can acknowledge that. And it is only in pvp im using the macro because i find it difficult to 'chase' opponents and keeping within melee range with my latency.

After some more testing with numbers I basically boiled it down to prioritise Slam, MS and OP. I use everything else independently.

I use 2 cast sequence macros for pve and it does fine.

1 I just keep pressing on single target and the other does aoe

I'm doing Arms in beta right now and I use these macros for PvP in Ashran. They work quite well if you want a face roll experience with almost zero thinking involved..

Charge Macro:
    /cast Charge
    /cast Hamstring
    /cast Pummel
    /cast Execute

This allows you to charge/hamstring and pummel casters right away. Execute when they are low health.

Rend/CS/MS/Slam macro:
    /cancelaura Slam
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Blood Fury (if you play an Orc)
    /cast Bloodbath
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=19 Rend, Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike, Slam, Slam, Slam, Mortal Strike, Slam, Slam, Slam, Mortal Strike, Slam Slam

This, ive realized is not perfect. There is a short delay sometimes waiting for colossus smash to come off of cd but it's still effective.

AoE macro:
    /startattack
    /cast Sweeping Strikes
    /castsequence Whirlwind, Thunder Clap, Whirlwind, Whirlwind

This one has perfect timing with the cool down of thunderclap. So you can keep up the debuff in between whirlwinds.
    Last edited by Ramithor; 2014-08-26 at 05:12 PM.

If you are not using anything other ingame addons or macros, then its legal. If you are using third party programs that inject into WoW or using/injecting a DLL or modifying WoW with some method other than addons/ingame macros, it is bannable and highly detectable.

why would you even want to would be no fun at all :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramithor View Post
    I'm doing Arms in beta right now and I use these macros for PvP in Ashran. They work quite well if you want a face roll experience with almost zero thinking involved..

Charge Macro:
    /cast Charge
    /cast Hamstring
    /cast Pummel
    /cast Execute

This allows you to charge/hamstring and pummel casters right away. Execute when they are low health.

Rend/CS/MS/Slam macro:
    /cancelaura Slam
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Blood Fury (if you play an Orc)
    /cast Bloodbath
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=19 Rend, Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike, Slam, Slam, Slam, Mortal Strike, Slam, Slam, Slam, Mortal Strike, Slam Slam

This, ive realized is not perfect. There is a short delay sometimes waiting for colossus smash to come off of cd but it's still effective.

AoE macro:
    /startattack
    /cast Sweeping Strikes
    /castsequence Whirlwind, Thunder Clap, Whirlwind, Whirlwind

This one has perfect timing with the cool down of thunderclap. So you can keep up the debuff in between whirlwinds.
    /cancelaura Slam?

Just... why? It's your rage dump, and you're pooling rage for CS windows to maximise damage with Slam stacks...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    /cancelaura Slam?

Just... why? It's your rage dump, and you're pooling rage for CS windows to maximise damage with Slam stacks...
    I suggest you do some reading, Slam does more DPR when you cancel the stacks
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    why would you even want to would be no fun at all :S
    Why wouldn't you? I'm sure more people would be using cast sequence macros if they knew you can get good results. I think its great and I only have to spam 2 buttons
    Last edited by FKNL; 2014-08-29 at 03:10 AM.

Well.. there could be the fact that you can't cancelaura a debuff, which they have turned the slam stacks into, last time I heard.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by FKNL View Post
    Why wouldn't you? I'm sure more people would be using cast sequence macros if they knew you can get good results. I think its great and I only have to spam 2 buttons
    It's good when you want to be lazy and just spam a couple buttons. It makes Ashran much more enjoyable as you can just focus on whats going on around you and not have to worry about what buttons to hit.

There is another macro I use for when I'm taking heavy damage in Ashran.

/cast defensive stance
    /cast spell reflection
    /cast shield barrier
    /cast enraged regeneration
    /cast healing tonic

You can add or remove spells from this macro.. like rallying cry/die by the sword if you just want a 1 button defensive OH SH*T! macro.

Also, I'm aware WW hits harder than slam atm on beta so you can put in WW instead of slam for the above macro.
    Last edited by Ramithor; 2014-08-29 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramithor View Post
    It's good when you want to be lazy and just spam a couple buttons.
    I have been using castsequence macros in my main raid (on live) for a few months now with no problem.
    Last edited by FKNL; 2014-08-30 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKNL View Post
    I have been using castsequence macros in my main raid (on live) for a few months now with no problem.
    FKNL- Could you share some of the macros you are using currently in SoO for your rotations? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeq View Post
    FKNL- Could you share some of the macros you are using currently in SoO for your rotations? Thanks!
    Single Target
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Heroic Strike
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Bloodthirst
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Bladestorm
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Execute
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Storm Bolt
    /castsequence reset=6 Colossus Smash,Heroic Strike,Raging Blow,Heroic Strike,Raging Blow
    /cast [combat] Berserker Rage
    /cast [combat] Blood Fury
    /use [combat]10
    /cast Charge

Execute
    #showtooltip Execute
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0, Dragon Roar
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Raging Blow
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Bloodthirst
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Execute
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Storm Bolt
    /castsequence reset=0.3 Colossus Smash
    /cast !Colossus Smash
    /cast [combat] Bloodbath
    /use [combat] 10
    /cast Charge

AoE
    #showtooltip Whirlwind
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Whirlwind
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Raging Blow
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Bloodthirst
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Whirlwind
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Colossus Smash
    /castsequence reset=0.3 Dragon Roar
    /castsequence reset=0.3 Bladestorm
    /castsequence !Colossus Smash, Whirlwind
    /cast [combat] Bloodbath
    /use [combat] 10
    /cast Charge

Wild strike has to be on a seperate key as you use it when it procs only. Asides from that all I have bound are the 3 macros, Reck/SB, stance dance macro and defensives.
    Last edited by FKNL; 2014-08-31 at 12:21 PM.