Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Boys are gross, end of story. Just gotta beat them down with a stick till they learn their place.

Deleted
    Easy. Tell them you are a guy.

Alternatively:
    "Sorry I play with my boyfriend who is right next to me"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Boys are gross, end of story. Just gotta beat them down with a stick till they learn their place.
    Yeah well you are a smelly pirate hooker.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-08-21 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    The only people who have asked me to add them on Skype are people I've known for a while. Don't be afraid to just decline a request if it makes you feel uncomfortable. If they hurl abuse at you or keep pushing the subject then you can simply make use of the ignore function and wash your hands of them. You're not obligated to appease anybody after all.
    Same here, I actually have a lot of people I know from wow on skype, but I talked to a lot of people in my guild(s) over time and when we move on the people I was with most in game we got each other's skype or something. Especially now since I play mostly LoL and stuff I am not on wow a lot. But one of my friends, she gets that a lot and worse... the moment people finds out she is a girl she gets a lot of "joking" requests for nude pics and stuff, the kind where it can be passed off as not really meaning it if she gets all ew (which is most of the time).

It is not unusual though for people to talk for a long time in game or not then ask for skype or something to keep in touch, its really not that weird. A few times I got skypes of people didnt find out they were female till later, it honestly doesnt make a difference. Sometimes people just want to be friend and there is no ulterior motive. If there is, its not that hard to delete them.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want to add you on Skype, however, we can go to some public TS, Ventrilo, Mumble or RaidCall server!"
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post

Yeah well you're a smelly pirate hooker.
    Is that a hooker for pirates, or a pirate who is also a hooker?

I tell them I don't want to talk to a bunch of random freaks, I'm here just for the Valor Points.

Most people are glad to be rid of me, has something to do with my attitude. Only contact from wow was people adding me on WoW's friend list, mostly because I did my job

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Besides, online games are supposed to be social? Why else would you play them and not single player games?
    I'd say, not to the extent some people seem to think. I think it's a massive misconception that online multiplayer games are about making friends, marrying into guilds and clans and constantly chatting and dealing with people all day. It's something some people choose to do. But not what the whole thing is essentially about.

Games are about gaming. Multiplayer games - online or local - are about cooperative or competitive gameplay. That's what I care about. I don't need substitute friends in the computer or anything like that.

''I have skype but I don't use it, sorry.''

That's what I usually tell people. I only tend to join chats when doing raids or stuff like CMs.

Deleted
    These are things i've told people that work every time

1) I can't atm, I left my headset at home and someone else is using it atm.

2) I can't sorry, I've got a bit of the flu and it really hurts to speak

3) I've actually tried to log onto skype today but because someone is downloading everything starts to lag out when I log onto skype

What I get from this thread is that more people rather lie about things then just tell them the truth, You are not comfortable talking on skype with someone you just met in a video game. If you prefer to use it talk to people you know real life, just tell them. If they act all hurt, tell them that is what you are comfortable with, and if they actually want to be your friend, then they would respect your choice, and just let them know its like that for everyone, not just them.

If that doesn't work, you wouldn't want them as your friend anyways.

The only time I've ever, EVER been asked to Skype in a game was for one and only one RBG group from Oqueue in the WoW game. Every other time it was either Team Speak or Vent.

I've only Skyped with Romanian cam girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    What I get from this thread is that more people rather lie about things then just tell them the truth, You are not comfortable talking on skype with someone you just met in a video game. If you prefer to use it talk to people you know real life, just tell them. If they act all hurt, tell them that is what you are comfortable with, and if they actually want to be your friend, then they would respect your choice, and just let them know its like that for everyone, not just them.

If that doesn't work, you wouldn't want them as your friend anyways.
    Problem is that like... most people don't care about BEING your friend so much as just adding you to their roster so it looks like they have a bunch o' hunnies on their skype, you know? So like, asking them to stop asking doesn't really help, they keep pestering. WHereas if you say like, that you are deaf or something then that's the end of it.

Are you a girl?
    Only reason why i see this happening ever,
    Never had this happen to me

No.

/10 chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Shania Twain, is that you?

I guess I don't have that issue, then again my skype list is kinda small, about 8-9 people on it total that aren't family <_<;

A few of which are from wow, and diablo. Personally if I dont get asked I generally ask if something comes up like switching guilds or am not playing as often anymore. Only a few people I get along with and already talk to a lot after raids and stuff anyways. I dont get the whole need to immediately ask someone you dont know for skype (unless need it for something immediate like a BG or the like).

It might be because I have a gf already and don't really like the idea of "collecting" girls (I know it happens :P ) but I dunno.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Unfortunately even if you're keeping it concealed these guys are probably picking you up on their female-dar.
    Ahhhhhh, the female-dar. Probably one of the most inaccurate radars I ever encountered my time role-playing a lesbian Night Elf in World of Warcraft. I can't tell you how many men thought I was legit a chick, as well as other proclaimed females.

I'm kind of bragging because it always led to funny situations.

Deleted
    I've never asked a person to add me on Skype, i mean, i use it, but only with people who've added me...

To the OP though.

A-yo bby, add me to skyp x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Ahhhhhh, the female-dar. Probably one of the most inaccurate radars I ever encountered my time role-playing a lesbian Night Elf in World of Warcraft. I can't tell you how many men thought I was legit a chick, as well as other proclaimed females.

I'm kind of bragging because it always led to funny situations.
    a lot of people who proclaim they are women actually aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I've never asked a person to add me on Skype, i mean, i use it, but only with people who've added me...

To the OP though.

A-yo bby, add me to skyp x

u got kik?????/