Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've always gone with JC/ Enchanting on my main but I don't think I care for those two anymore. They aren't and won't be dominant and I have them on another two toons anyways.

I'm thinking engineering/ alchemy or engineering/ leatherworking.

Deleted
    Having only just seen the new leatherworking mount I am seriously considering changing for that alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Engineering, since I still have my Rocket Boost (apparently the ability to run like a speed train is not seen as a bonus in combat ^^), Teleports, Glider and other toys. Plus, the ExpStart headpiece is still in.

Alchemy, since it makes a truckton of money early in an expansion and is SO convenient as a raider.

Btw. here is a question for all the people who go "Noone will level Professions, blabla!" ... in Vanilla, professions didn't really have any relevant bonuses either, and we still maxed them, so your point being?
    I also read that the engineering tinkers will be available to non-engineers.

Inscription seems to be a high profit profession at the beginning of expansions. Not sure if that will hold true in WoD. Most of my toons are gonna be gatherers or tailors/enchanting because I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    I also read that the engineering tinkers will be available to non-engineers.

Inscription seems to be a high profit profession at the beginning of expansions. Not sure if that will hold true in WoD. Most of my toons are gonna be gatherers or tailors/enchanting because I'm lazy.
    Unless something changes, it won't be. Tailoring/LW/BS are going to be a lot bigger money makers in the beginning than they were in previous expansions (which wasn't that bad anyway, just not as good as inscription).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Unless something changes, it won't be. Tailoring/LW/BS are going to be a lot bigger money makers in the beginning than they were in previous expansions (which wasn't that bad anyway, just not as good as inscription).

I notice nobody on this thread has mentioned tailoring until you just did - why do you think it's going to be good for money this time around? just because of 30 slot bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    I notice nobody on this thread has mentioned tailoring until you just did - why do you think it's going to be good for money this time around? just because of 30 slot bags?
    No, just because of crafted and just at the start of the expansion. Crafted items are looking a lot better and more versatile (and therefore more sought after with optimal stats - on top of no reforge) than in previous expansions.

I feel afterwards that tailoring will take the hardest hit if anything, since bags are likely going to be less wanted when people have more space from the toybox, and upcoming other features like tabard storage.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

No, just because of crafted and just at the start of the expansion. Crafted items are looking a lot better and more versatile (and therefore more sought after with optimal stats - on top of no reforge) than in previous expansions.

I feel afterwards that tailoring will take the hardest hit if anything, since bags are likely going to be less wanted when people have more space from the toybox, and upcoming other features like tabard storage.
    That's what I was thinking too. My main is a tailor Shaman, and without the cloak proc there's no real reason to keep it except for bags, which I've made myself enough of already. I might just finish out one last 28-slotter and then pitch it for something else.

Most likely BS and JC, unless I end up not being able to do much with blacksmithing. In that case, I'll swap it for mining.

LW/Eng on my ele, just to lazy to swap them out.

Deleted
    Gonna stick with my professions I have on my 90s.

Mage has Herb/Alch
    Paladin has Min/Eng
    Rogue has Skin/LW

Don't see a reason to switch, really. Might make a toon with Enchanting/Tailoring. Probably a Warlock.

As I heard, there won't be profession perks in WoD anymore. This will be all about personal taste then, and if I ever come back playing, I will probably ditch enchanting as I heard disenchanting will be available in housing. Still, you probably will still need exalted reputations for the best enchants to make, so I should up these exalted reputation with an alt as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Just a couple of things in relation to Engineering, Nitro Boost has been nerfed pretty heavy on beta so they now give 70% run speed for 8 sec down from greatly increases run speed for 5 seconds which brings it inline with the talents Speed of Light and Burst of Speed also I am sure they said that the Nitro Boost will be able to be sold to non-engineers as well.

The second thing anybody with a level 2 trading post in their garrison will have auction house access there so there would be no reason to just pick up engineering for AH on current continent like it was in Wrath and MoP
    That's really a bummer about the nitro boost--I'm a druid, so I already have a sprint. Having said that, there are no other profs in the game that make me happy, are fun/entertaining, etc. The glider and slow-fall cloaks have always been enough to make me keep Engi. (Damn you Blizz for making it so Typhoon doesn't dismount people anymore!) Add to that the dimensional rippers and wormholes, and I've got a ton of ports: Druid glyph/nature port, Moonglade port, hearthstone, Dalaran ring, Relic of Argus, TOTC tabard, Orgrimmar cloak, etc. It's definitely useful, and the gold made from other profs can be made other ways.

Love your profile pic BTW, put a smile on my face. Thx!

Tailoring/enchanting since 2005.

Engi goggles and alchemist stones.
    If you don't raid or PVP, sure. But otherwise those things become 100% useless really, really quickly.

Deleted
    Has anyone figured out whether there is any benefit to having a small building in your garrison that matches your professions? That will impact my decision!

Deleted
    Engineering and tailoring, this is what i currently use when i am farming, extra cloth + portable mailbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Has anyone figured out whether there is any benefit to having a small building in your garrison that matches your professions? That will impact my decision!
    Yes, it seems that you learn recipes from the small buildings, not trainers, so that you will want the small buildings that match your crafting professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    also I am sure they said that the Nitro Boost will be able to be sold to non-engineers as well.
    What they said is, Engineering enchants that are beneficial in combat will be available to anyone. But here's the catch, they didn't say how that is. A) No clarification on what enchants are meant, and B) no elaboration on how to get them. I suppose what they mean is that you could get the gloves and belt enchants though the use of the Engineering profession building in your Garrison, which means that you still need to commit somewhat to the profession if you want those perks, and then it'll be quite limited. I doubt you'll just be able to trade enchants from an Engineer to a non-Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Yes, it seems that you learn recipes from the small buildings, not trainers, so that you will want the small buildings that match your crafting professions.
    That doesn't seem right. You'll want to chose buildings to widen your choice of professions, not match them. Pretty sure they'll have normal trainers on Draenor, and old trainers having their assortment updated.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-09-03 at 11:35 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    What they said is, Engineering enchants that are beneficial in combat will be available to anyone. But here's the catch, they didn't say how that is. A) No clarification on what enchants are meant, and B) no elaboration on how to get them. I suppose what they mean is that you could get the gloves and belt enchants though the use of the Engineering profession building in your Garrison, which means that you still need to commit somewhat to the profession if you want those perks, and then it'll be quite limited. I doubt you'll just be able to trade enchants from an Engineer to a non-Engineer.
    I saw on a recent build instead of tinkers you made non-binding consumables (potion style)

That doesn't seem right. You'll want to chose buildings to widen your choice of professions, not match them. Pretty sure they'll have normal trainers on Draenor, and old trainers having their assortment updated.
    I imagine for efficiency changing your buildings will not be unusual. Start with your profession to gain the recipes / essential crafting parts quicker for the 1 time crafts and heavy start of expansion load, then swap to others f.ex. getting DE capability if you dont have an enchanter, or salvaging.

I came back a couple weeks ago - didn't play at all during Pandaria - and decided to finally give my warrior a chance. The character has Engineering 600 and Alchemy (meh) 525. I'm considering changing Alchemy for Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing - would first transmute a couple mats for crafting. I know I should go with BS DPS wise, but combat perks will be removed in WoD. I really dislike depending on people's good will to craft anything, so JC would be great. Unfortunately, gems seems to have lost a big portion of its importance in the expansion. Which one is the best option?
    Please, help me improve my English! Feel free to point out any mistake. :P