Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello.
    My toon has JC and Enchanting now on live (there is a possibility to get rid of JC for WoD).
    I have two questions regarding the third small plot in the Garrison if i decide to keep JC and Enchanting:
    - If i build Alchemy Lab will i be able to craft Greater Draenic flasks and also have increased flask and elixir duration(Mixology) ?
    - If i build Scribe's Quarters will i be able to craft epic staves(if there is any) and reagents required for the Darkmoon cards ?

ALchemy and Herbalism, gotta sell dem pots!

Deleted
    I am currently a jewelcrafter on my main although I am considering switching to engineering.

I really depends on whether they add anything fun for jewelcrafting, I enjoyed making the panthers and getting the jade owl/sapphire cub battle pets, but I am always very jealous when I see engineers on those gliders.

Profession Guru's:

1) Is there anything being done to JC to make up for the lack of gem slots?

2) I've read that darkmoon trinkets will get iLvl upgrades as the expansion progresses, does this apply to all profession-crafted gear, and does the iLvl match the raid tier? (For example the MoP darkmoon trinket was 476 while the normal raid was dropping 489.)
    One Sweet Dream

All craftable gear after being upgraded is at or above LFR ilvl. But defiantly under heroic and mystic level gear.

Going to drop my 430 Eng/600 Inscription and go for Skinning/LW.

The LW crafted gear can be nice early on but they're also 2 professions I've never maxed on my account.

Deleted
    Hello guys!
    Sorry for the Noobish question.
    I have a blacksmith/mining main mostly for making the epic gear at the start of the expansion. Im making a rogue alt right now and thinking about his profession to support the main or be profitable. What can be good pair: herb/alchemy? jc/enchanting? or the most obvious skinning/lw?
    Thanks for the answers.

I have blacksmithing/mining, enchanting/tailoring, jewelcrafting/alchemy maxed out.

I'd like to get at least Herbalism on another toon maxed before WoD, but I don't think I'll bother with it... too much work.

I'll keep my Enchanting. Disenchanting replaced raid gear is always a good way to keep going + while really not doing anything.

How expensive is that craftable gear to make?
    Using MoP mats - would it be crafted with Ghost Iron (easily farmable) or Living Steel (1 per day CD) equivalent? Does it need BoP reagents like Motes of Harmony?
    Is there some good summary of how crafting is going to look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    One piece of information eludes me unless I'm blind. If I wanted to add two new profs to my monk (who never learned any in MoP), are there any catch up machanics in place for production profs?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    How expensive is that craftable gear to make?
    Using MoP mats - would it be crafted with Ghost Iron (easily farmable) or Living Steel (1 per day CD) equivalent? Does it need BoP reagents like Motes of Harmony?
    Is there some good summary of how crafting is going to look like?
    The epic receipts use a bop reagent you can craft daily (or 3 times every 3 days). Each craft will produce multiple reagents at once (depending on skill) and your garrison buildings (plus bonus if a follower is added) will add more.
    Here is an example for Engineering for a single day (ofcourse numbers can change til release):
    Skill 600: 4 Gearspring Parts
    Skill 700: 10 Gearspring Parts
    Garrison Building Level 2 with level 100 follower: 10 Gearspring Parts
    So you can theoretically get up to 20 reagents per day at the moment in beta. The helm costs 60 Gearspring Parts (currently +15 for first upgrade, +60 for the second upgrade), so while the epics require a daily cd, it takes fewer days than in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    One piece of information eludes me unless I'm blind. If I wanted to add two new profs to my monk (who never learned any in MoP), are there any catch up machanics in place for production profs?
    During questing (especially in the starter zones) a lot of skill-up items will drop for all crafting professions (including first aid) that will increase your skill by 5 and require only a low amount of reagents, for example: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=113465
    The drop rate was pretty high when I leveled, but I'm not sure if it stays that way and I doubt it will be enough to completely level the profession. I'd rather see it as a way to skip expensive skill ranges.

Update Build 18888: With the new build the numbers for engineering have changed dramatically (e.g. you need now 150 gearspring parts for upgrading the goggles from 640->655 and also require other reagents). Not sure if amount per day has increased as well. But i guess it was too good to be true
    Last edited by Impulz; 2014-09-18 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah, I see, thanks! It does say up to 600 so that's not bad. Was going to grab JC and Alch (for mutes, my shaman has flasks) on my monk and drop eng on my war and grab BS finally.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm telling myself to grab gathering professions (say Mining/Herbalism) on my main so I can gather stuff whilst doing achievements/dailies/etc but I don't know if I'll actually do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Tailoring keep the passive perk that they get more cloth drops than others in WoD? If not, then I may just swap out mine for Alchemy or Engineering.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Will Tailoring keep the passive perk that they get more cloth drops than others in WoD? If not, then I may just swap out mine for Alchemy or Engineering.
    I've seen nothing that suggests it won't, and logically it has no reason to (like engineering keeping a lot of perks that don't apply to combat)

@OP based on most recent developments I am thinking of dropping inscription for leatherworking, that may have been my answer 3 pages ago aswell. I will keep engineering for the cool items, a bit disappointed the engi helmets appear to be near useless though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    The same ones I have now. It just makes rerolling even more nonsensical.

Future characters I'd probably just pick dual gathering, although alchemy is still very nice for the double duration flasks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Likely the exact same two I've had through WoTLK, Cata, and Pandaria. Have played mostly on just my main, so that's Mining and Jewelcrafting. I'm too lazy to wipe those out and start on something else. I have a warlock that I've been working on, so he'll be the one with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The same ones I have now. It just makes rerolling even more nonsensical.

Future characters I'd probably just pick dual gathering, although alchemy is still very nice for the double duration flasks.
    Do gatherers get extra mats from buildings? I'm not seeing gathering professions have much use this xpac with every alt being able to gather, or trade for, their own mats.

Deleted
    I'm probably gonna stick with tailoring and engineering. Tailoring for bags / income and engineering for fun (if it's still fun). Haven't had much opportunity to do a lot of research on WOD professions but I've had these prof for years and won't be dropping them.