Looking for a new PSU

Hey there.

As the title suggests my PSU has pretty much died. The computer won't turn on most of the time, randomly does though. All the cords etc work, so I'm guessing it's the PSU that's failing. Bought it years ago as a package computer so I figure it wasn't very high-end, anyways.

Now, I'm looking for a new one but really got no idea what I need. I only run a single graphics card so I'm guessing a pretty standard one works, nothing fancy required. As long as it's reliable.

I'm running a GeForce GTX 430 (?), not sure if that was it but something along those lines. Processor is a Phenom 3-core. That'd be next on my upgrading list, so would be good if the PSU could handle a higher end processor.

I bet you can tell I'm not very good at this stuff lol, so just a simple link to a good PSU would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Something like this should do the trick

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

go down to power supply button click (choose a power supply)
    goto rightside and find the Efficiency tab and press a check mark for Bronze certified +
    goto top of the page and press ratings

then choose one thats in your price range that has the right power wattage and high reviews then press that model then you can goto any of the computer sites like newegg then read some of the reviews there.....

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Decent, semi-modular, relatively cheap.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $39.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-21 18:17 EDT-0400
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver