Thread: RogueUI WiP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The question is do you really need to see the timer for poisons? I can't think of any use for that. Btw, what's the skin/addon for action bars and player frame.

yea... default UI FTW

The texture of the XP/Reputation bar (green bar at the very bottom), does not match the texture of other UI elements.

I would replace elvui buff/debuff bars with RoguePowerBars addon. It is so much better.

id love to share my ui but i havent done enough posts lol. so im going to post this so i can get my posts up.

Deleted
    I am surprised noone here seems to use a HUD style interface...checking bars near the bottom of the screen takes my attention away from whats happening in the game I find...will post a picture as soon as I'm home...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I am surprised noone here seems to use a HUD style interface...checking bars near the bottom of the screen takes my attention away from whats happening in the game I find...will post a picture as soon as I'm home...
    I do. My UI is heavily based on the old RealUi (http://imgur.com/a/DmVsP) - still the best UI I've ever found, a shame it took the direction it did
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Versutia View Post
    I'm an avid believer in centralized UIs, and I'd suggest to detach combo and energy bars and put them between the player and target frames, along with a timer tracker of your choice. There is a great add-on for ElvUI, Class Monitor. It can be configured to display energy, combo points, anticipation stacks and insight in any location that you prefer. That way you can stack them on top of each other and you won't end up staring at your player frame for energy and combo points (in WoD), which is good unless you decide to put your player frame in the center and everything else around it (why would you, though?).

Here's a screenshot of my own UI from a few months back. It's also an ElvUI edit, and was configured with centralization in mind.

s27.postimg.org/owlu22i1d/Wo_WScrn_Shot_021414_181626.jpg (Can't post full links yet)

The cooldown tracker in the bottom of the screen went away because my OCD kicks in when it overlaps with DBM timers, and having cooldowns show on these huge action bars was enough once I got used to it. Obviously, those could be way smaller, and damage meter could be placed elsewhere, but I feel that neither of those two things hinders my movement or performance in general. The timer tracker is Event Horizon Continued, a brilliant add-on that I recommend to all rogues, but also feral druids and warlocks. ICDs are tracked above the target frame, and trinket procs show up on the opposite side, above the player frame.

I hope you get some useful ideas from this post, best of luck with the UI.

That is the most PvE UI I've ever seen, I'm curious what your scrolling combat text addon is called, and what settings you use though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
    That is the most PvE UI I've ever seen, I'm curious what your scrolling combat text addon is called, and what settings you use though.
    If I remember good this addon is called xCT+.

Deleted

My current UI. In my signature there is a higher resolution of the one above.

• Most raid stuff is tracked through Weak Auras. The rest is tracked through Extra CD, Bandit's Guile Helper and RoguePowerBars (center).
    • Combo points and energy are tracked through ComboPointsEnergyBar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
    Combat text addon is indeed xCT+, default pixel perfect Elvui font, size 10 for normal damage, size 20 for critical. It has to be a multiple of 10 for the font to not get distorted on any axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Falx View Post

• Most raid stuff is tracked through Weak Auras. The rest is tracked through Extra CD, Bandit's Guile Helper and RoguePowerBars (center).
    That is an awesome UI Falx. Any chance of sharing it :P

How do you track cooldowns of Shiv, Dismantle, Combat Readiness, Evasion, Redirect, Kidney Shot and Blind? It doesn't seem like you track all of them in the middle as the area is pretty small for extra 7 CD timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    How do you track cooldowns of Shiv, Dismantle, Combat Readiness, Evasion, Redirect, Kidney Shot and Blind? It doesn't seem like you track all of them in the middle as the area is pretty small for extra 7 CD timers.
    Hi,

This is purely a PvE UI. I track other PvP-related CDs via another Bartender Bar, which is active mainly if I PvP (last time was 2011). That bar is placed directly beneath the two bars you see in the screen shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soryks View Post
    That is an awesome UI Falx. Any chance of sharing it :P
    Cheers

Sure, I can try to upload it this weekend.

In case I can't make it this weekend, you can pretty easily set it up. I can list the addons for you:

• Shadowed Unit Frames
    • Bartender
    • RoguePowerBars
    • ComboPointsEnergyBar
    • Weak Auras 2
    • Skada Damage Meter
    • Tidy Plates (slim)
    • ExtraCD
    • Prat 3.0
    • SexyMap
    • MSBT (combat text)

Deleted
    Being a new to the forum I can not give you my interface. I mostly use weakaura. Too bad I would have liked to share with you.

Hi,

This is purely a PvE UI. I track other PvP-related CDs via another Bartender Bar, which is active mainly if I PvP (last time was 2011). That bar is placed directly beneath the two bars you see in the screen shot.
    I use those spells in PvE actually. That's why I wondered.

Hi,

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers

Sure, I can try to upload it this weekend.

In case I can't make it this weekend, you can pretty easily set it up. I can list the addons for you:

• Shadowed Unit Frames
    • Bartender
    • RoguePowerBars
    • ComboPointsEnergyBar
    • Weak Auras 2
    • Skada Damage Meter
    • Tidy Plates (slim)
    • ExtraCD
    • Prat 3.0
    • SexyMap
    • MSBT (combat text)
    Why thank you very much <3.

Recently switched to skada so there's a little variance but other wise this is my UI.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-10-09 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I use those spells in PvE actually. That's why I wondered.
    Well, maybe I should say raiding. And on encounter where I would actually need those abilities, I just drag them to the third bar located beneath the two you see

Here is my 2c:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...uek/2014UI.png

btw i'm not using either skada or recount, i'm using "Details!", i highly recommend it; much more comprehensive analysis.