H Garrosh as ele

Just started on this guy. Had a couple questions. Tried to search but on fone at work. What lvl 90 talent. I've been using unleashed. But while browsing saw a couple old post saying PE works 2. Only reason I was thinking about it is we r lusting once we get out of temple so if I used fire totem glyph he would get the full benefit of lust. I ran a few Sims using both talents and they arnt that far apart on paper( 330k compared to 321k.). Just wanted some feedback as we r trying to push dps there and not get a second transition.
    Toon is dingbutt on turalyon.
    Gem to 38% haste just Cuz it feels more comfortable then full mastery. Would going full haste for Garrosh be worth it?
    Any tips or tricks would be nice. Read thru totemspot but not alot of activity over there. Thanks again for taking time to help.

I'd stick with Unleash as you'll need dps at other points in the fight besides just trying to push post jade temple. Even if you skip terrace transition, you'll still need high dps during p3 empowered whirlings. Going full haste will not benefit you in any significant way in a single target fight at your gear level.

The only real "tips" I have are that you can use call of the elements to double cap totem the adds in temple. I also like to reapply flame shock as i'm being ported into a phase so the dot ticks for its full duration. If you can time it to use your UE on the flameshock all the better as you won't be using it in the first part of either jade temple of terrace.

Don't use the fire elemental glyph, you're costing yourself damage. Yes "the entire duration" of your fire elemental will be boosted by heroism, but that's still only 30 seconds as opposed to the 45 seconds you get when you don't use the glyph. The Fire Elemental will be ready for P4 if you drop it during the first whirlwind of P2 guaranteed.

As for Unleash or PE, use Unleash. The fight has three phases that need substantial burst: P2 before 2nd transition, P3 (most important), and P4. The transition from P3->P4 is long thanks to a cinematic and provides time for your cooldowns to refresh. You're only going to get Fire Elemental for two of those pushes, which means Ascendance is the prominant player during P3, not Fire Ele, as such you should take talents to increase its effectiveness (i.e. Unleash Fury).

Deleted

Cool

I am running on Garrosh HC the following setup:

Astral Shift - lot's of possible use here
    Earthgrab Totem - no real need, but well...
    Totemic Projection - needed for replacing Capacitor Totem and sometimes Searing Totem
    Echo of the Elements - ...
    Ancestral Guidance - ...
    Unleashed Fury - 90% of time a single target fight!

Glyph of Capacitor Totem - I have to stun a grp of adds in transition 1
    Glyph of Chain Lightning - ...
    Glyph of Spiritwalker’s Grace - ...

Here summery of the fight from my Elemental perspective. Maybe its useful for you. Maybe not, depends a little on how you play the boss and how much damage your raid have. We play it 2 Tanks / 1 Heal. Talking about 10 men.

Pull: Pot1 + Ascendance + FE + SLT

P1: Nuke boss+nuke/cleave adds, don't fall asleep. Maybe kick adds with Thunderstorm if needed.

T1: While getting dragged into T1, during progress we all used our 2nd pot. Currently I just pop my engineer Synapse Springs. In the temple I place Capacitor Totem in my grp of adds, spam CL and use Rocket Boots to get up to the next grp. Healing tide while Garrosh is doing his smashes.

P2: Nuke boss, keep FS up on at least one weapon. My Ascendance is off CD around 2nd mind control. I used it after together with Ancestral Guidance on 2rd whirling. We put Garrosh in P3 after the 3rd whirling. Here we are using BL and I use the 2nd FE together with 2nd pot and Synapse Springs.

T2: Terrace? Skipped.

P3: For Empowered Whirling Corruption I use Astral Shift+Shamanistic Rage and 2nd Healing Tide+Ancestral Guidance. No special stuff with the add. Just kill it. Sometimes a well placed Thunderstorm to split two adds.

T3: I used to put FS on weapons before getting soaked into P4. I think they will provide some Lava Surge procs in the beginning of P4.

P4: Starting with Ascendance+SLT here. Using all healing/defense CDs on impact of iron star. Nothing additional special anyway. Just do everything and hold thumbs for the star kiting guy.

Hope that helps a little. Here a video of our kill some month ago:

youtu.be/AroWJT44sR4

Have fun and good luck for your kill!

Thnaks everyone for the quick responses. Forgot to say 25man but should be about same. Just now to kill the bugger. Loved the in depth replies.

Only a couple things I would add which are also more from a 10m perspective >.>

If your guild is having any issues with I1 dmg check(more of a 10m thing I think), save your SWG for it and get yourself assigned to one of the back groups. You can get 5-6 CL's off on the front/middle before you get back there.

Another thing for 10m Ele's is that NOT glyping CL is a good idea since the only worthwhile aoe in the whole fight is I1(groups of 3adds) and MC's(2+boss) again in 25m I1 is a ton easier so glyphing CL is fine.
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I would like to "hijack" this thread and to place my own tactics/ideas here in order to get hints and further improve myself on this fight.

Short background:

I am the Elemental Shaman "Tûram" on EU-Aegwynn.

Log of last raid (Garrosh only)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h72kb...ses&boss=71865

Yeah, I know my dmg seems poor, but maybe you take a look at Garrosh dmg only. In addition, please note that I simply do not deal with the adds - no lava beam, CL on them during P1 (only after Garrosh is at 10%).

We are a 10man guild, raiding 2 days à 3 hrs.
    Our setup is currently for Garrosh Hc:
    1 Pally tank - 1x Disc + 1x Heal druid - 1x enhancer, 1x Ele (me), 2x Warlocks, 1x Rogue, 1x Warri and 1x Hunter

Right now, I use PE + glyphed FET for this fight. Other talents are as usual (Echo, AG). Though I do not use Totemic Projection since I simply run into the adds to place Cap - instead I use Totemic persistence for double healing totem.

Our fight usually goes as already mentioned by Fossel:

P1:
    I am in the group to position the weapons, so I have to move out of and into the camp. Since I like to keep SWG for I1, I use Ascendance after getting back to the boss after the first weapon. Therefore, usually trinket procs/skull banner are already gone until then. As mentioned ,I also do not dps the adds (I only use CL on the adds when the boss is at 10%), but mainly only dps the boss since we sometimes have dmg issues and get a second iron star which simply leads to an instant wipe.
    CDs: Fire Elemental (with PE + Glyph) + Ascendance + Pot + SLT

I1:
    I deal with the first left grp together with our hunter and the heal druid. Hunter is 1st stun, my totem is the 2nd stun. I use SWG, use CL (unglyphed) + Earth Shock on the adds. We kill the first two grps, the middle grp + the left back grp asap and then deal with the right back grp. Oftentimes we have to wipe because we manage to get 25 or 26 stacks (maybe someone has an even faster strategy?).
    CDs: 2nd Pot + SWG + sometimes AG if needed

P2:
    I am again in the grp for dealing with the weapons, so I have to constantly move in and out of the camp. Usually nothing interesting happens here. With glyphed FET, the FET is available again for the beginning of P2 and P3, which I find quite handy.
    CDs: Fire Elemental + Ascendance

I2: skipped

P3:
    Burn burn burn! FET is available again but not Asc, which is fine.
    CDs: Heroism + FET + SLT if available

P4:
    This is where we have "new" problems now, since we do not reach this stage of the fight often. Biggest problem is about spawning the iron star and getting it into Garrosh. As for me, Ascendance is available with SWG at the beginning, so I dps the boss hardest as possible. Glyphed FET gets off CD during this phase also. We currently simply wipe here because no star spawns or the star is not properly kited / targets "wrong" (clueless) person.

Maybe someone has additional hints/feedback on how to better manage P4 and I1.

My Reasons for PE + FET glyph:

I very much am inclined to go UE for this fight for the reasons provided by Rmlun and Jimmy. However I decided to go PE because there are important things I have to focus on and I like to keep my "rotation" simple. I tried out UE a few times but didn't think that it really provides any advantage over PE.

Further, in combination with the glyph, I think I can squeeze out additional burst at the most appropriate times (P1, P2, P3 and P4) by using PE + FET Glyph.

Maybe I am totally missing something here, but these are my ideas behing my talent choices.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2014-08-20 at 06:00 PM.

As far as using PE for burst... the only "burst" phase is P3(pushing before a second EmpWC), for the rest you have a lot of time for UE to pull ahead.

Why aren't your healers and hunter baiting the first Weap in P1 so you can line up CD's ? Not that P1 dmg prior to 10% is terribly valuable anyway... but it can help line things up later on. Alternatively, if you guys AOE down the first set of adds then you can all stack for the first weap and just AG it(tho I generally AG the second set of warbringers to cut down on melee being gibbed, you also have an Enh AG available tho).

I1:
    If you have symbiosis(not sure why you wouldn't with a resto druid around) you don't need to be capping your adds(with a hunter friend). During progression I was teamed with a hunter, we were on back left so we could aoe a ton while running there(your druid should be roaring for movement speed in that phase). Hunter stunned the first cast then got 1 interrupt in the second cast and I got the other 2(shear on one and solar beam on another), this freed up my Cap totem(not glyphed) for the second stun on one of the front groups(placed with TP while I ran by).

P2:
    Just a note, we saved skullbanner until after the second MC in this phase as we found it lined up with trinkets(and SWG) for added dps. I would also say that if you have 2 locks and a hunter(and a resto druid) you probably shouldn't be baiting the desecrates as they pretty much can't lose dps while kiting(and you can from LvB tho not a huge amount, I have never not done them myself >.>). Also a little and mostly known tip, FS a weapon for added single target dps.

As for P4:
    The biggest thing is having roles for everyone in advance. For best results you need 3 malice soakers(one as a backup) +the guy who is supposed to kite the star(one of your healers?) for malice2 and 3 soakers(one is a backup) for malice4(no star needed). The backup people are for if one of the other assigned people is the target of a specific malice. Traditionally you would want your soakers to be people who can eat 3 ticks of malice(not you) and everyone else would run away from Malice2 and 4 when there are only 3 ticks left so you don't end up with more stars/confusion then you have to have. It is worth noting that the IronStar will spawn before the last tick of Malice2 goes out so you have to make sure your dudes stay in long enough but don't have the start land on there heads(rogue and hunter probably your best bet).

With your comp your soakers should be your rogue, hunter and two warlocks. You would have 3 of them assigned to Malice2 and the one that doesn't use his CD's on that(either the backup or the guy targeted by the malice if the backup is needed) does Malice4 with the 4th guy. If one of those 2 people gets targeted by Malice4 it will get dicey for your comp, one of you shamans is probably the best bet as a last ditch guy. I am pretty sure I have survived getting a 3rd tick of malice by using ShamRage before I start getting ticks(uptime on all 3) popping AG when I get the first stack, popping AS right before the second stack(still up for 3rd stack) and using a HS after the 2nd stack(with AG still up should heal you all to full). And even if that last stack kills you it at least doesn't go to the boss and you can always Ank >.>

Deleted
    First of all, thanks Chuba for your time and your detailed answer.

I guess, I will try to use UE today, but most probably will stay with the FET glyph. However, in our guild, it is unfortunately not true that burst only matters in P3. We had a whole night during that we wiped in P1 due to not enough damage on Garrosh and corrected our line up because of that. Further, skipping the second intermission is currently no problem but is also not a given. However, I definitely agree with you that P3 is the most important burst phase.

As to your proposed job assignments, I had a short discussion with our raid leader yesterday and we came to the conclusion, that we do not really want people to switch jobs at the current stage. Now, everyone knows what to do and already gained some routine. This mainly involves things like dealing with the desecrated weapons and handling the add grps in I1. Nevertheless, your feedback is very much appreciated.

As for my personal jobs, there are reasons why I do the desecrated weapons. We do not want our healers to move much, not even the druid ^^. Further, I am usually simply a reliable guy for these things and therefore am often one of the first choices for such tasks. Guess I can bring up your arguments, but as said above, raid lead does not really want to change much anymore. Maybe I can convince him that I can stay in the camp for the first weapon in P1.

However, I will definitely talk to our warrior about his second skull banner as well as try to apply a second FS.

Also, your thoughts about P4 are very much appreciated. Currently, our rogue, hunter and dps warrior are assigned to spawn the star. They should soak malice2 with their cooldowns and are supported by our druids tranquility, however they seem to have problems with the clump check and staying together. We are wondering, when exactly Garrosh checks for clumped players? Today, we will have them getting clumped earlier (until now they did that nearly at the start of bombardment which seems to be too late). The rogue should then (hopefully) be the kiter because he is more familiar with the fight and already killed the boss with another toon.

Currently, we are at about 20~25 %, when the star should spawn, which does not yet work in a reliable manner. Maybe having a backup might make dealing with the clump check easier. I guess that, if we manage the star, the boss should die even before or during malice4 and no second star should be needed, which also is our current goal since we do not have planned for a second star anyways ^^.

Overall, I guess that our strategy is not too bad for P4 and we simply need a tiny bit of experience. We managed to get to P4 only for about 4-5 times until now.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2014-08-21 at 08:44 AM.

If you have trouble with P1 dmg(getting a 3rd set of warbringers ?) then not glyphing FET would help with that.

In P4 you shouldn't need a second star(unless you lose a lot of malice ticks into the boss and his energy spikes...), if you can find enough dps to skip I2 you should be golden on dmg in P4. If it does prove tight though, most guild have a healer kite the star if they are 2 healing. Since there is very little dmg going on in that phase.

Unglyph CL, whoever said that is wrong. The only time aoe matters on this fight is the heart phase and its 3 targets so CL glyph is bad.

Deleted
    Just for your information:
    We managed to get the boss down after 1.5h today and I won the mount ^__^

Congratulations !