Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aah can't wait. Got em all ready xd

I like the idea they're going for, but I really don't like that they've included Blazing. I'm totally fine with low drop rate mounts being included. I'm not fine with including a very low drop rate mount that is in an instance with an encounter that's impossible to solo unless you're a certain class (and even as that class, it still sucks). Either make DS a lot easier to clear and keep the low drop rate or increase the drop rate significantly or change that one altogether.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I like the idea they're going for, but I really don't like that they've included Blazing. I'm totally fine with low drop rate mounts being included. I'm not fine with including a very low drop rate mount that is in an instance with an encounter that's impossible to solo unless you're a certain class (and even as that class, it still sucks). Either make DS a lot easier to clear and keep the low drop rate or increase the drop rate significantly or change that one altogether.
    class? dk / warlock / shaman no problem, I'd expect any tank can do it no problem so paladin / monk / druid too.

Next expansion it'll be cake, they already said they're fixing spine iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Next expansion it'll be cake, they already said they're fixing spine iirc.
    This. You have to understand how absolutely lol-worthy soloing old content is right now on beta as a lvl 100. The damage you do is off the charts and the damage you take from the mobs is ridiculously minimal. DS is already quite easy to solo with decently geared characters with the exception of Ultraxion unless you're a tank or have ways to deal with the instability damage and Spine unless you're a masochist.

onyxian drake and azure drake away from it

10+ Year Old Account
    All I need is Ony and Azure. Guess I have to start doing Maly, never really cared about that mount. I've been trying on multiple characters for Ony for a long time now though, I think its the only thing that would make me stop using my firehawk on my main.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should probably add Chromatic Drake to that list as well, Experiment 12-B. That way while I'm *STILL* farming Onyxia you guys can all farm Ultraxion. Fair's fair I recokon ><

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    No. You can not. You could. But now you cant.
    Wha? They removed it from the heroic? So Azure and Blue only drop from Malygos now?

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    Wha? They removed it from the heroic? So Azure and Blue only drop from Malygos now?
    The blue drake being in the Occulus bag was only a futile attempt to stop players from leaving random groups the minute they saw it show up on the loading screen. As soon as Cata went live it went back on Malygos exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    The blue drake being in the Occulus bag was only a futile attempt to stop players from leaving random groups the minute they saw it show up on the loading screen. As soon as Cata went live it went back on Malygos exclusively.
    I coulda sworn it still drops from the Oculus because I got them both in one day when I was soloing Wrath mount bosses during Cataclysm. Got Blue from the Heroic and got the Azure from Malygos 25. Unless my brain is farting and I did Maly 10 on one character and 25 on another... but I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to solo it on my shaman at the time.
    /confused

Both Blue and Azure can also drop from Malygos 10 man as well.

The only way the Blue Drake was acquired was via a satchel that every player received at the end of the instance out of the chest. That bag doesn't exist any longer however you can still get it out of the new satchels for dungeons/LFR.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-08-21 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Blue and Azure can also drop from Malygos 10 man as well.

The only way the Blue Drake was acquired was via a satchel that every player received at the end of the instance out of the chest. That bag doesn't exist any longer.
    Well, good thing 10 and 25 are both easy to solo now.

As someone who has all of the mounts on the achieve (except Blazing and I will have to farm that in WoD) I do think they should take the Onyxian and Blazing off of it. It'd be like putting Ashes on an achieve to get other mounts. Not everyone is going to be so lucky that they will get the mounts you need for it. I know I have the Onyxian Drake and so this might sound counter productive or whatever. But as an example I've been doing TK since late Wrath on my Lock and since Cata on one Pally and added another Pally to the rotation when I got it to 90. I've done a zillion Kael'thas kills, but still no Ashes of Alar. My point is putting something that's a 1% or lower drop onto an achieve is just mean. It screws people who have put the work in and get screwed by RNG every week and it screws the people who got lucky on their first kill. I mean yeah they got lucky, but it's not making the achievement feel special.

Deleted
    Got them all

Just wish it included Experiment 12-B also, since I have that too :P, would make this achievement and the mount worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Should probably add Chromatic Drake to that list as well, Experiment 12-B. That way while I'm *STILL* farming Onyxia you guys can all farm Ultraxion. Fair's fair I recokon ><
    Except it doesn't have drake in it's title or we'd likely have lifebinder's handmaiden in there for good measure along with many MANY other non-drake named drake possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    As someone who has all of the mounts on the achieve (except Blazing and I will have to farm that in WoD) I do think they should take the Onyxian and Blazing off of it. It'd be like putting Ashes on an achieve to get other mounts. Not everyone is going to be so lucky that they will get the mounts you need for it. I know I have the Onyxian Drake and so this might sound counter productive or whatever. But as an example I've been doing TK since late Wrath on my Lock and since Cata on one Pally and added another Pally to the rotation when I got it to 90. I've done a zillion Kael'thas kills, but still no Ashes of Alar. My point is putting something that's a 1% or lower drop onto an achieve is just mean. It screws people who have put the work in and get screwed by RNG every week and it screws the people who got lucky on their first kill. I mean yeah they got lucky, but it's not making the achievement feel special.
    Guess that's why they call it an achievement and not a handout.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    It's an achievement, so not having it will mock me because I still need the Blazing Drake. Unless DW is easily soloable next expansion, I don't see myself getting it...
    You should have absolutely no problem soloing this, trust me. (PS: Spine is harder because you have to rock back and forth between his left/right sides)

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Mage has no self-healing and is probably one of the worst classes to solo, and I did all of Dragon Soul with INCREDIBLE ease (3-shotting the early bosses). The only fight that's remotely "difficult" is Spine, and only because his Barrel Rolls are very buggy, so I got around this by constantly shifting which side he was going to roll by moving back and forth across the sides of his spine the entire fight. Trust me, don't get upset. My video proves how easy this is.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-08-21 at 11:00 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    I don't get why did they of all existing drakes chose those nine? I could understand if they either picked only all of generic WotLK model ones (dunno about tcg one or that pink rare from DS) or all of them ever existing (that means ALL of cata ones, not just selected two).
    Red, Blue, Black, Twilight, and Bronze are obvious for being from the 5 aspect flights. Why Blazing, Azure, Sandstone, and Onyxian are there, I don't know. I guess they wanted to add some incentive to go get those old mounts as well?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Missing blazing and blue. Hopefully RNG will shine on me for the blue prior to WoD (as it just did for the Onyxian last week). Then I can farm deathwing on a lot of toons come level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Marclar View Post
    I had this idea for feat of strength since Cataclysm, about collecting all four drakes "of wind", and getting the "of the four winds" title for them Would have been really awesome, and very rare because of the Al'akir drake. Maybe they'll put those 4 in that achievement and make it even more difficult to obtain.
    theres already an "of the four winds" title in the game, rewarded from killing heroic alakir