Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You already need rare drop mounts for the 200 mount achievement anyway.

These are just specific ones.
    And what does this have to do with that achievement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And what does this have to do with that achievement?
    Sometimes achievement criteria aren't always just handed to you easy peasy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Sometimes achievement criteria aren't always just handed to you easy peasy.
    It wouldn't be handed to me "easy peasy" if it was a low drop mount with a 1% chance off of some raid boss. Even if it was a heroic raid drop from one of the WoD bosses, I think that would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be handed to me "easy peasy" if it was a low drop mount with a 1% chance off of some raid boss. Even if it was a heroic raid drop from one of the WoD bosses, I think that would be better.
    This combines several 1% mounts.

Some achievements are more difficult than others.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    This combines several 1% mounts.

Some achievements are more difficult than others.
    That't the point I made in several posts now - that this combines several 1-3% mounts, and I think it shouldn't. It should rather just be its own drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    That't the point I made in several posts now - that this combines several 1-3% mounts, and I think it shouldn't. It should rather just be its own drop.
    You could claim that for any meta achievement mount, really... or any mount who's source you don't like.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-09-02 at 09:37 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Going to need a bigger bag is actually worse and has no reward other than 10 achievement points. Stop your whining. This is what achievement hunters/mount collectors have to deal with every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I'm not fine with including a very low drop rate mount that is in an instance with an encounter that's impossible to solo unless you're a certain class
    Just for the record, soloed DS 25 on a premade level 100 on beta in PvP gear with no gem sockets. From memory:

The bosses had ~25M HP.
    My Lava Burst was hitting for over 2 million.
    Most bosses died during Ascendance (15 seconds).
    I had ~250k HP.
    The bosses/mobs were hitting me for ~500.

I think everyone and their nan will be able to solo DS when WoD hits (admittedly spine was annoying since he continually tries to roll, but I've heard they're changing it).
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-09-02 at 10:56 AM.

Should have named this achievement - Started from the bottom now we're here

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't think the mount for the 250 mount achievement(lol at the people in this thread that think cross faction will count towards your total) should "require" a shit load of rng mounts, but guess what? it does and it's not keeping me from going after something I want. If you believe going after a few "out of the way" rng mounts to get something you've wanted for so long is too much, then I guess you didn't want it much huh?

The only mount on that list that requires any amount of skill to get is Deathwing's mount which will be a joke to solo at 100. How many times exactly did you try mount runs this week to get the other 2 mounts that are actually easily obtainable? Because all the complaining in the world at this point isn't going to get those done any faster if you aren't actually going out there and trying. Outside of maybe Blazing, this is what the achievement is going to be once it hits live, better to start now on the easy ones than wait till you have even more content to play through which takes away time to go and do runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hilarious. Truly funny that you're upset about having to farm for raid dropped mounts so you wish they'd make the mount you're farming for a raid drop. Do you have any shows scheduled for the D.C. area in September?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should take a look at people solo'ing in the beta. All content Cata and earlier is incredibly easy to solo farm... Even on a mage or similarly squishy class.
    I'm not upset over raid drops, I've said several times that it is about having to get several other mounts, that one might not even want, in order to get the one they want. That is exactly why I said I don't have any problem with it being a raid drop, even from a hard boss. I don't have a problem with it being hard to get the mount, or with the mount being rare. I'm also not really upset at all about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're both mount collecting achievements. For them to require some work and not be automatic they have to have requirements that are more than spending 300 gold. What people like you desire is a free emerald drake for everyone in game apparently.
    You can't possibly be serious about telling me I want a "free emerald drake" when I said several times I don't have any problem with it being tied to something "hard".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't possibly be serious about telling me I want a "free emerald drake" when I said several times I don't have any problem with it being tied to something "hard".
    What is the Drake Collector achievement then? Obviously it has some amount of difficulty to it if you cba to go out and farm for 2 easy and 1 soon to be easy mounts. Don't keep saying "well I don't want those mounts tied to the achievement, but I want the end result mount", that's just an excuse for being too lazy. If you want the emerald drake then go start farming the mounts for it, no amount of complaining here is going to get anything changed for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Well I don't think the mount for the 250 mount achievement(lol at the people in this thread that think cross faction will count towards your total) should "require" a shit load of rng mounts, but guess what? it does and it's not keeping me from going after something I want. If you believe going after a few "out of the way" rng mounts to get something you've wanted for so long is too much, then I guess you didn't want it much huh?

The only mount on that list that requires any amount of skill to get is Deathwing's mount which will be a joke to solo at 100. How many times exactly did you try mount runs this week to get the other 2 mounts that are actually easily obtainable? Because all the complaining in the world at this point isn't going to get those done any faster if you aren't actually going out there and trying. Outside of maybe Blazing, this is what the achievement is going to be once it hits live, better to start now on the easy ones than wait till you have even more content to play through which takes away time to go and do runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    What is the Drake Collector achievement then? Obviously it has some amount of difficulty to it if you cba to go out and farm for 2 easy and 1 soon to be easy mounts. Don't keep saying "well I don't want those mounts tied to the achievement, but I want the end result mount", that's just an excuse for being too lazy. If you want the emerald drake then go start farming the mounts for it, no amount of complaining here is going to get anything changed for it.
    There are a lot of mounts in the game I would like to have, but I don't want to do whatever I have to do to get them. That's fine. I never argued they need to change anything to cater to me. I still kinda want a frostwyrm mount but I could never be arsed to go back and do the two remaining achievements I needed. That's ok, I don't want them to just give it to me, neither do I want them to just give me the emerald drake. But I think having to get several 1-3% mounts - that I (and probably other people) don't care about, that I would not invest any time into getting - just to get the one mount that I do want, is a bit extreme.

Imagine you wanted the Baron mount, but instead of it being its own drop, you'd have to get Ashes of Alar, Anzu and Invincible. But you didn't care at all for any of these three mounts. It seems unnecessary to me to make someone get these three mounts, that that person doesn't even want, just so that he can get the one mount that he does want. I'm sure that a hardcore collector would maybe go after these mounts anyway, but some of us maybe only want the emerald drake. That doesn't mean that the emerald drake should be sold by a vendor for 10g. But it could just be its own drop, and I don't see how that is an unreasonable proposition and why I'm getting so much flak for that.

The whole idea behind this achievement was to get other drakes in order to get the "last one". Yet most of the drakes don't make much sense, as they are not part of the original five colors. They could've made an achievement where you would have to get the black, bronze, red and blue one. That already requires some work and even involves a low drop mount.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-09-02 at 11:42 AM.

There are a lot of mounts in the game I would like to have, but I don't want to do whatever I have to do to get them. That's fine. I never argued they need to change anything to cater to me. I still kinda want a frostwyrm mount but I could never be arsed to go back and do the two remaining achievements I needed. That's ok, I don't want them to just give it to me, neither do I want them to just give me the emerald drake. But I think having to get several 1-3% mounts - that I (and probably other people) don't care about, that I would not invest any time into getting - just to get the one mount that I do want, is a bit extreme.

Imagine you wanted the Baron mount, but instead of it being its own drop, you'd have to get Ashes of Alar, Anzu and Invincible. But you didn't care at all for any of these three mounts. It seems unnecessary to me to make someone get these three mounts, that that person doesn't even want, just so that he can get the one mount that he does want. I'm sure that a hardcore collector would maybe go after these mounts anyway, but some of us maybe only want the emerald drake. That doesn't mean that the emerald drake should be sold by a vendor for 10g. But it could just be its own drop, and I don't see how that is an unreasonable proposition and why I'm getting so much flak for that.

The whole idea behind this achievement was to get other drakes in order to get the "last one". Yet most of the drakes don't make much sense, as they are not part of the original five colors. They could've made an achievement where you would have to get the black, bronze, red and blue one. That already requires some work and even involves a low drop mount.
    You keep saying you don't want the game to just give you a mount but then your contradict yourself by saying you don't want to do all the steps in between getting said mount. You can't have it both ways; either suck it up and do what's necessary or add the Green Drake to the "can't be arsed to get" mount list you have.

As for the "whole idea behind this achievement", Blizzard couldn't think of a way to put the Green Drake into the game in a way that could fit WoD's theme so they made it a collection achievement. It was either this or we never see the Green Drake get added.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-02 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As for the "whole idea behind this achievement", Blizzard couldn't think of a way to put the Green Drake into the game in a way that could fit WoD's theme so they made it a collection achievement. It was either this or we never see the Green Drake get added.
    He even said they could have only used the bronze, black, blue and red drake for the achievement, which would have even made more sense lorewise.

And I don't believe that they couldn't find a boss to drop this thing off, especially with the Everbloom dungeon. And they never said that they couldn't. They had a whole poll about this, giving this as an option. Then Anne Stickney said on the WoW Insider podcast. "You know what would be cool? If you got it through an achievement, where you have to get all the other drakes, then when you have them all, you automatically get the emerald drake".

Thread title needs to be changed, achieve is now "Awake The Drakes".
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    He even said they could have only used the bronze, black, blue and red drake for the achievement, which would have even made more sense lorewise.
    Earlier in this same thread I said I'd have been fine if it was just restricted to the original Dragonflights.

And I don't believe that they couldn't find a boss to drop this thing off, especially with the Everbloom dungeon. And they never said that they couldn't. They had a whole poll about this, giving this as an option. Then Anne Stickney said on the WoW Insider podcast. "You know what would be cool? If you got it through an achievement, where you have to get all the other drakes, then when you have them all, you automatically get the emerald drake".
    Here's a good reason: there are no Dragons on Draenor due to the Dragonflights being native to Azeroth. Aside from Kalec, Kairoz and Wrathion I haven't heard of any Dragons making their way over from Azeroth to particpate/witness the events unfold in AU Draenor.

As for the poll thing that just goes to show that Blizzard had no good idea as to how to introduce the Green Drake into the game so they just went with what seemed popular with the fanbase. My favorite idea was to make it a reward from getting Exalted with all Druid-related factions similar to the Cenarion Hippogryph.

Deleted
    I hope they don't buff the droprates for the mounts needed for this meta. It should be something you chase after, not something handed to you. Plus the fact many have farmed for these mounts for years, and to have them all drop for 1 person in a week, would be a giant kick in the balls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Earlier in this same thread I said I'd have been fine if it was just restricted to the original Dragonflights.

Here's a good reason: there are no Dragons on Draenor due to the Dragonflights being native to Azeroth. Aside from Kalec, Kairoz and Wrathion I haven't heard of any Dragons making their way over from Azeroth to particpate/witness the events unfold in AU Draenor.

As for the poll thing that just goes to show that Blizzard had no good idea as to how to introduce the Green Drake into the game so they just went with what seemed popular with the fanbase. My favorite idea was to make it a reward from getting Exalted with all Druid-related factions similar to the Cenarion Hippogryph.
    I don't know, for some reason, there are fey dragons on Draenor. It doesn't have to make sense lorewise. It's not like it makes sense for an infinite drakonid to have a bronze dragon in his pocket. It's not like the bosses we fight keep weapons and helmets in their desks, in case some adventurer comes along. There was a boss in Vault of Archavon that dropped a mammoth. The BRD brewfest boss was a dwarf, but he also had a brewfest kodo. I think I would be fine with an emerald dragon dropping from something that is somewhat related to nature. I don't think too many players will be scratching their heads why they get an emerald dragon on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    I don't know, for some reason, there are fey dragons on Draenor. It doesn't have to make sense lorewise. It's not like it makes sense for an infinite drakonid to have a bronze dragon in his pocket. It's not like the bosses we fight keep weapons and helmets in their desks, in case some adventurer comes along. There was a boss in Vault of Archavon that dropped a mammoth. The BRD brewfest boss was a dwarf, but he also had a brewfest kodo. I think I would be fine with an emerald dragon dropping from something that is somewhat related to nature. I don't think too many players will be scratching their heads why they get an emerald dragon on Draenor.
    Aside from the gear thing every example you gave makes sense without needing too much handwaving to satisfy gameplay over lore:

1. The Bronze Drake we use as a mount is probably the Bronze Drake we saved.
    2. Mammoths are native to Northrend so it's not all that unusual to expect a Northrend boss to have a pet Mammoth.
    3. Dark Irons have mole machines so they probably stole some Kodos from the Tauren during a raid against them.

As far as I'm aware Blizzard does not consider Fey Dragons as actual dragons but Fey that happen to look like a dragon. Either way, the only way for representatives of the Dragonflights to show up is to come with us through the portal from Azeroth. The Green Dragonflight has zero interest in Alternate Draenor so why would an Alternate Draenor boss drop a mount that should only be found on Azeroth? Now if it dropped off the last boss I could see a reason as to why since last boss fight takes place on Azeroth which could have lent itself to a spore-infest Green Drake being part of the fight but that's now how it panned out.