Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How much is the game anyways >.>
    Her game is actually free, although she was contemplating adding a price tag... Which is about as much as it's worth really, since it's essentially plain text on a plain background. There is no actual "gameplay" to it in any sense of the word, nor anything to look at. Amazingly though, she's making about $2k a month from her patreon and who fucking knows how much from scamming donations for her "Rebel Jam" that get paid straight into her paypal with no way of tracking the money.

Things like this are how she gets paid. Get people to talk about her > play victim > collect paycheck.

All these people coming out about how great of a dev she is are just lying through their teeth. She's made a single non-game which was so bad it was rejected from Greenlight once and panned by most actual gamers (but not by games "journalists" HEH!), then to get it on there she went on a crusade against wizardchan and whipped her army of SJWs into a frenzy so they'd go and vote her "game" through.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-08-22 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Actually I want a video of what she had to do for the award.

I mean she really has to be something in the sack considering the army of of dudes hanging on her pubes.
    These are games journalists we're talking about. They don't have standards in their professional lives, so I can't see them having too many in their personal lives either.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Still waiting for her to claim PTSD. Oh and about her nudes, I'd advise against seeing them...

People, it's been said before, but don't turn it into a feminism thread, her cheating is not the issue here, but the gaming coverage industry going to the dogs.
    lol yes. i made that mistake. what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    lol yes. i made that mistake. what has been seen cannot be unseen.
    Take note that she is a post OP tranny, now imagine 5 guys being pathetic enough to sleep with that...
    Last edited by Pantelija; 2014-08-22 at 03:48 AM. Reason: minor typo

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/zoe-qui...g-sex-scandal/

And the spin is on the move.

The problem with Zoe being the focus of this entire thing is that she can play the victim card. And that is not a battle anyone can win against her. Soon she will have a TEDx talk about her experience, then she'll be interviewed by CNN and MSNBC and eventually she will become a poster girl for "Feminist Gamers". Tho I'm slightly confused about what exactly makes her either of those two.

To me it seems like she is a professional groupie that seems to have carved out a place in the video gaming industry.

Just as there musician groupies who turned "musicians" and Hollywood groupies that turned "actresses" there are bound to be "gaming groupies" that get themselves a slice of the pie. The industry is now bigger the Hollywood, it is bound to attract the self interested and talentless eventually.

Deleted
    Lol, dailydot. Essentially what Tumblr would look like if it was a news site. They're garbage, unsurprisingly the article was written by a woman (who probably has a tumblr account and no journalism degree). Just ignore it. In the grand scheme of things they're no more relevant than my twitter account.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-08-22 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Lol, dailydot. Essentially what Tumblr would look like if it was a news site. They're garbage, unsurprisingly the article was written by a woman (who probably has a tumblr account and no journalism degree). Just ignore it. In the grand scheme of things they're no more relevant than my twitter account.
    If you google Zoe Quinn it is the first article that comes up. You know how public perception works.

"""""""""""""""""""""""Gaming journalism""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Man, that journalism word is used so loosely atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/zoe...pression-quest

Motherboard is in too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those lips were busy.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The title alone just shows how fucking off everything is. "The Anti-Feminist Internet Targets 'Depression Quest' Game Creator Zoe Quinn"

Are you fucking serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post
    The title alone just shows how fucking off everything is. "The Anti-Feminist Internet Targets 'Depression Quest' Game Creator Zoe Quinn"

Are you fucking serious.

Anti Feminist. No people aren't although I wager there are loud folks who prove her point. However most reasonable folk call her out on her BS.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post

I guess it was the 'entitlement of people on the lives of the creators of the things they consume' that fucked all those people too? .
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.

I know that was crude and more personal than it should be, but fuck.
    Last edited by Daralii; 2014-08-22 at 04:21 AM.

I haven't been here since page 25, but an interesting angle I think you all are missing...you've decided this is a problem with Zoe's behavior and not that of the male game journalists.
    Had she been a student and they a teacher, would this be a thread about how terrible it is the female student slept with her teacher for good grades, or the teacher who slept with his student and gave the grade in turn?
    In a male-dominated business catering to a male-dominated customer base, it's easy to be sexist, but you have to fight against that! #Ihavefaithinyoubro

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.
    I suspect she is a sociopath. Those types of people are liars, hypocrites and the worst part is they can be very charming and manipulative and so can have many defenders. It doesn't help that some men have a 'white knight' personality who rally to help a 'poor, helpless' woman in distress. Sociopaths also live in a world of denial while blaming others, deflecting/redirecting blame, even if the fault lies squarely on themselves. living in denial is the key, it is how they function. they are so much in denial they are 'blind' to the truth and facts, even if it is right in front of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumacrume View Post
    I haven't been here since page 25, but an interesting angle I think you all are missing...you've decided this is a problem with Zoe's behavior and not that of the male game journalists.
    Had she been a student and they a teacher, would this be a thread about how terrible it is the female student slept with her teacher for good grades, or the teacher who slept with his student and gave the grade in turn?
    In a male-dominated business catering to a male-dominated customer base, it's easy to be sexist, but you have to fight against that! #Ihavefaithinyoubro

If a male guy did something, I would rightfully condemn it as the next person. The SJW would have a field day with this. The ex BF may have aired her dirty laundry but Zoe is just morally bankrupt and loses any sympathy I have for her if she keeps her self righteous attitude. I don't know why you made a school example. It seems entirely unrelated and merely a distraction.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

you've decided this is a problem with Zoe's behavior and not that of the male game journalists.
    But that's wrong. The problem isn't inherently Zoe or how fucked of a person she is, (and she totally is) but the fact this shit actually goes on. Then you have those same people spouting about how women are treated in the industry and then completely go against what they say by doing exactly what they speak against to get ahead in the industry. You have hard working people who do everything they can to get noticed in the gaming scene, then you have Zoe who just fucks her way to the top regardless of if her game is actually good or not.

She isn't the main problem, this whole thing should be focused on in every single aspect. She is a contributor, but the problem itself is the journalists and those who do this kind of thing. At this point they are really just able to use everything bad said about her to make a story of how the "big bad sexist internet bullied her".
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-08-22 at 04:32 AM.

But that's wrong. The problem isn't inherently Zoe or how fucked of a person she is, (and she totally is) but the fact this shit actually goes on. Then you have those same people spouting about how women are treated in the industry and then completely go against what they say by doing exactly what they speak against to get ahead in the industry. You have hard working people who do everything they can to get noticed in the gaming scene, then you have Zoe who just fucks her way to the top regardless of if her game is actually good or not.
    So what you're saying is...the problem is not the male game journalists who are willing to trade favorable reviews for sexy time, but the fact that someone is willing to give sexy times for favorable reviews? Have you heard of capitalism? Everything is for sale if you know the price. Perhaps the journalists shouldn't be selling their reviews in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

She isn't the main problem, this whole thing should be focused on every single aspect. She is a contributor, but the problem itself is the journalists and those who do this kind of thing. At this point they are really just able to use everything bad said about her to make a story of how the "big bad sexist internet bullied her".
    There's also this apathy issue that goes on. "It happens everywhere" Yeah I understand that but people need to make a stand against it. This shit doesn't stand. It has very little to do with the fact she has a vagina to. It just became easier to claim victim because of that. So one could surmise that she is using her own gender to defend herself.

So what you're saying is...the problem is not the male game journalists who are willing to trade favorable reviews for sexy time, but the fact that someone is willing to give sexy times for favorable reviews? Have you heard of capitalism? Everything is for sale if you know the price. Perhaps the journalists shouldn't be selling their reviews in the first place.
    Dude, STOP Freaking enabling the behavior. Yes those journalists are at fault to BUT IF ZOE NEVER DID ANYTHING. It would not of happened. Don't give me that Capitalism crap. It's an issue why Capitalism has...brught- Gah never mind. Why do I even bother. I don't think I need to explain WHY.

Warrior-Magi

So what you're saying is...the problem is not the male game journalists who are willing to trade favorable reviews for sexy time, but the fact that someone is willing to give sexy times for favorable reviews?
    Never said that. Both parties are at fault. The skeezy journalists who participate and actually go through with this shit for vagina and the one initiating.