Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    What I'm saying is that people need to stop attributing actions to sides. The "us vs them" mentality is poisonous regardless of who uses it. Nintendo took no sides. Nintendo's only concern was Nintendo.
    Nintendo gives 2 shits about GG or SJW, like you said anyone thinking otherwise is seriously overrating themselves.

What I'm saying is that people need to stop attributing actions to sides. The "us vs them" mentality is poisonous regardless of who uses it. Nintendo took no sides. Nintendo's only concern was Nintendo.
    The argument will never be "us vs them", it will be, "idiots vs everyone else".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course she needed more fame. Like it was already said by Tech614: Nintendo gives 2 shits about GG or SJW. It's Nintendo, they simply have more important things to care about. The guy who wrote that text probably didn't even know about the scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleri View Post
    Read his comment again. It's like in politics, when they make one group hate the other, while the population's interests aren't represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleri View Post
    This is the epitome of "Us vs Them".

this thread is still going? i thought we won already
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    The "us vs them" mentality is poisonous...
    Tell "them" to stop then.

If we don't stop "them" then they will win.

But you go ahead and lay down your arms. I'm sure "they" will be merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Tell "them" to stop then.

If we don't stop "them" then they will win.

But you go ahead and lay down your arms. I'm sure "they" will be merciful.
    Are you intentionally trying to act as an example of just what I'm talking about?

Deleted
    Are you intentionally trying to act as an example of just what I'm talking about?
    All that matters here is the power to make things happen.

Maybe you fit into the new paradigm yourself and want to exert power within it. I reject the entire gynocentric paradigm.

"They" aren't going to stop, so it really is "us versus them". Like it or not.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2016-06-25 at 03:13 PM.

A simple "yes" would have sufficed.

I'm just going to resume laughing every time you swing in here with your random sermons that have nothing to say about what's actually going on.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-06-25 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    I'm just going to resume laughing every time...
    By all means, feel free.

It means you will remember me.

Don't tell people not to fight this. The battle lines have been drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    By all means, feel free.

It means you will remember me.

Don't tell people not to fight this. The battle lines have been drawn.
    As if I needed any more proof you're just here for the attention...

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    this thread is still going? i thought we won already
    "Won"

http://thegg.net/opinion-editorial/i...-very-much-so/
    No we haven't, i mean sure, great they added a disclaimer.
    But these game "journos" have pretty much become Jack Thompson, we've come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    "Won"

http://thegg.net/opinion-editorial/i...-very-much-so/
    No we haven't, i mean sure, great they added a disclaimer.
    But these game "journos" have pretty much become Jack Thompson, we've come full circle.
    Being a punchline isn't a victory to be proud of celebrating.

And nah, Jack Thompson had a Hardon for 2kgames and that was it. His impact on gaming was being a short stint of entertainment in the grand scheme of things.

Meanwhile, gaming developers (and other media) are being pressured to be more inclusive, and with how much money it's starting to make in being so, it's starting to get traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Meanwhile, gaming developers (and other media) are being pressured to be more inclusive, and with how much money it's starting to make in being so, it's starting to get traction.
    I don't see this, honestly. Some big names like intel are doing some publicity stunts and that is it.
    And where do you get that "more inclusive" games make money ? As far as i see it they mostly sell barely anything, the only "inclusive" games that sell well are those that are genuinly good games, like Undertale. But people don't buy them because they are "inclusive", they buy them because they are well made games.
    So i don't see where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't see this, honestly. Some big names like intel are doing some publicity stunts and that is it.
    And where do you get that "more inclusive" games make money ? As far as i see it they mostly sell barely anything, the only "inclusive" games that sell well are those that are genuinly good games, like Undertale. But people don't buy them because they are "inclusive", they buy them because they are well made games.
    So i don't see where you are coming from.
    There's a lot that needs to be qualified and quantified about his statement.

What counts as inclusive? How is it it "more" inclusive? How well does it have to sell? How can you prove the supposed inclusiveness had anything to do with it selling well? How can you prove it being made more inclusive has anything to do with the pressures being applied on developers by outside sources and isn't because gaming itself has grown more inclusive all on its own as more generations of gamers grow up to become developers, make more games, and games themselves become more advanced which allows them to tell more advanced stories?

10+ Year Old Account

And nah, Jack Thompson had a Hardon for 2kgames and that was it. His impact on gaming was being a short stint of entertainment in the grand scheme of things.

Meanwhile the witcher 3 doesnt have "as much diversity" as "journalists" would like yet it sold amazingly well and still does.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

There's a lot that needs to be qualified and quantified about his statement.

What counts as inclusive? How is it it "more" inclusive? How well does it have to sell? How can you prove the supposed inclusiveness had anything to do with it selling well? How can you prove it being made more inclusive has anything to do with the pressures being applied on developers by outside sources and isn't because gaming itself has grown more inclusive all on its own as more generations of gamers grow up to become developers, make more games, and games themselves become more advanced which allows them to tell more advanced stories?
    Well you are right in a way, games were always inclusive, there were always games with women and minorities.
    But this big push from the press was about their kind of "in your face" progressive. It's not enough to have a gay marine on your spaceship that is is just a normal crew member, progressive apparently means that he has to remind you of his sexual preferences and hardships at every moment you interact with him. Just like in this Baldurs Gate addon some time ago that had this trans cleric that told you her life-story when you just clicked on her. People felt that this was forced and immediately the press jumped on all those "transphobic" gamers. It didn't sell very well iirc.
    And didn't this begium studio that made all those pretentious "progressive" games just went bankrupt because no one bought them?
    No one has a problem with women and minorities in video games but people are annoyed if their status is emphasized if it's not part of the story. If you make a game about relationships then someone being gay is a thing to show, if it's a shooter no one cares.

So where are those new "inclusive" games that resulted from this "pressure" and that make so much money? Because i really don't see them.

7+ Year Old Account

Again, I know you've been living in a bubble, but games were becoming more diverse on their own without the need for outside pressure. Yes games are making more money, but not because of forced diversity, the games that have been doing that, have not been doing as well as those where it came about naturally as a part of the creative process rather than being added in hindsight because there was a quota to fulfill or people felt offended. And really for the money, just look at the top selling games over the last decade, look at how much money GTA V has made since it came out. Diversity may be helping, but it sure isn't a driving factor.

On the Jack Thompson note, he had a hardon for video games before 2k, shortly after the Columbine stuff, which GTA 3 was 2 years after that. 2k just happened to release games that were not only more obscene than most games, but also were more popular.
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2016-06-27 at 05:56 PM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

I'm in full agreement with you, Yriel.

A good story and/or good gameplay are what makes sales (with some good publicity). They don't have to be present in equal measure, and an abundance of one can overcome a shortcoming of the other, but that's the way it works.

Most "progressives" don't seem concerned about good story or good gameplay, just virtue signalling. This is why we get these indie companies that make games that are either unimaginative recreations of other games or just plain terrible, but they get propped up because they have the approved message. They don't sell because there is nothing special about them and the people who care about the message don't actually buy them.

This is also why all criticisms of Siege of Dragonspear (the Baldur's Gate expansion) are ignored except the criticisms of the trans character, and even those get misrepresented. The game didn't sell (despite receiving very generous reviews) because the people who looked past the issue of the trans character discovered that the writing ranges from poor to mediocre, some idiot thought respawning encounters in a D&D game was good idea (and other terrible balance decisions), and that Jaheira is mute because they couldn't get her voice actress back and decided against recasting her. There are more and better fan-made chronicles available for free.

At least I'm assuming BG:SoD didn't sell well. Since it's DLC for BG:Enhanced Edition you can't track it on SteamSpy, and I don't see anything anywhere offering up any numbers in either a positive or negative light.

David Auerbach under fire from SJWs at Wikipedia and deletes his Twitter account after SJWs try to get him fired.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...s_his_twitter/

https://twitter.com/zyxophoj/status/749630067278508032