Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Announcing the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014

Announcing the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014

Greetings, Mist Warriors!

We’re excited to announce that the next World vs. World tournament is starting on September 12, the Friday after our September 2014 Feature Pack launches! We’d also like to welcome our Chinese players to experience their first WvW tournament! We’ve got some exciting changes in store for the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014, so let’s get to it!

What’s New?

Tournament Duration
    Our next tournament will be an extremely intense, exciting four-week-long tournament battle. The shorter format will ensure that worlds will not be repeatedly matched against one another, which will more closely resemble a true Swiss-style tournament. Each matchup will be unique, and every win—or upset—will make a huge difference!

Posttransfer Lockouts
    It’s important to maintain a sense of loyalty during a WvW tournament, but we also want players to have the freedom to move around. In the past, we balanced these goals by implementing a lockout period after transfers, which lasted for the current and subsequent matchups. The purpose of this feature was to encourage players to give transferring careful consideration by imposing some risk to the reward. Because the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014 will only last four weeks, we will not be enforcing these lockout periods.

Achievements
    For the fall tournament, participating players will earn a weekly achievement based on completing a small number of events in World vs. World. This differs a bit from previous tournament achievements in which players were required to complete several of each event, such as capturing keeps and supply camps. We wanted to experiment with a simplified version of the achievements to encourage players to focus more on playing WvW, rather than checking off an objective checklist. Siege objectives, defend your land, and you’ll be rewarded! Complete all four weekly achievements to unlock the meta-achievement and earn this tournament’s title, “Mist Treader”!

Reward Structure
    We want to continue to reward a world’s overall performance in the tournament, but we’d like to focus the incentives on each world’s struggle for dominance each week. To accomplish this, the arrangement of rewards distribution will be slightly different in this tournament. The majority of rewards will be dispersed at the end of each matchup based on your world’s performance. This means that even if your world doesn’t come out on top of your entire league, the efforts you put forth in each match will be rewarded!

How Do I Get Rewards?

To be eligible for rewards for any given matchup, you need only earn that match’s weekly World Contributor achievement. Then, all you have to do is talk with the Battle Historian NPC during the next week’s matchup to earn your rewards. It is important to note: You must claim your rewards in the week following the matchup in which they were earned. Rewards that are not claimed during the following week will be forfeited. Please refer to the table below to make sure you don’t miss out on your rewards!

Fall Tournament Rewards Become Available Rewards Must be Claimed By
    Match 1 Rewards Friday 9/19 after reset Friday 9/26 at reset
    Match 2 Rewards Friday 9/26 after reset Friday 10/03 at reset
    Match 3 Rewards Friday 10/03 after reset Friday 10/10 at reset
    Match 4 Rewards Friday 10/10 after reset Friday 10/17 at reset

What Rewards Will I Get?

The Battle Historian, located at the portal keeps in each WvW map, will continue to offer WvW-exclusive weapons and other tournament rewards.

Item Cost in tickets
    1 Mistforged Hero’s Weapon 300
    Ascended Accessory 200
    Mini Dolyak 200
    1 Gift of Heroes 200
    1 Hero’s Weapon 100
    WvW Ascended Infusion 50
    15 Obsidian Shards 50
    40 Dragonite Ore 25
    100 Empyreal Fragments 25
    1 Thimble of Liquid WXP 25

A new statue will also be added to each citadel in World vs. World to help celebrate the tournament victors!

At 00:15 UTC on Sunday, October 12 (5:15 p.m. PT on Saturday, October 11), this majestic dolyak statue will bestow upon its visitors a one-time buff granting them increased WXP and XP gain for a short time. The duration of the buff will be determined by a world’s overall placement in the tournament, which breaks down as follows:

Place Duration (hrs.)
    1 5
    2 4.5
    3 4
    4 3.5
    5 3
    6 2.5
    7 2
    8 1.5
    9-12 1

We hope you will enjoy the changes made for the World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014, and we look forward seeing you on the battlefield!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...urnament-2014/
    Valar morghulis

I am not sure the WvWvW community can survive another tourny without major changes, but they made this one extra-short so it may not do major damage. The last tourney killed the fun for a lot of players. My friends list is a graveyard at the feet of the PPT wall.

CHANGE THE SCORING SYSTEM.

Now all I have to do is to remember to play during the tournament and not forget to pick-up my rewards. Only four weeks means I have a shot at not forgetting

10+ Year Old Account
    GOT GOLEMS? <-----clicky!

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/21159
    http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/21259

(good time to cash in those badges if you got 'em)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-08-30 at 02:38 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed this...are there any free server transfers associated with this tournament as there were with spring tourny?

I haven't seen anything about it one way or the other Riv

No free transfers this time. It was a problem last tournament as a bunch of guilds stacked to one of the free servers to win silver and then immediately ditched the server afterwards.

I ran for a while tonight. So far the only amusing bit is I have guildies in both of the servers we're facing. Hunting down your friends is way better than hunting down strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our esteemed werdernator has come through again with his beautiful and informative infographics for each match, adding even more information for us to analyze!

Week 1

NA
    Gold League
    Tarnished Coast - Jade Quarry - Blackgate
    Sea of Sorrows - Fort Aspenwood - Maguuma
    Silver League
    Dragonbrand - Yak's Bend - Crystal Desert
    Stormbluff Isle - Devona's Rest - Isle of Janthir
    Northern Shiverpeaks - Henge of Denravi - Borlis Pass
    Bronze League
    Gate of Madness - Darkhaven - Sanctum of Rall
    Ehmry Bay - Kaineng - Sorrow's Furnace
    Anvil Rock - Ferguson's Crossing - Eredon Terrace

EU
    Gold League
    Seafarer's Rest - Desolation - Kodash
    Elona Reach - Gandara - Riverside
    Baruch Bay - Jade Sea - Far Shiverpeaks
    Silver League
    Abaddon's Mouth - Augury Rock - Piken Square
    Gunnar's Hold - Aurora Glade - Vizunah Square
    Drakkar Lake - Arborstone - Fort Ranik
    Bronze League
    Miller's Sound - Ring of Fire - Ruins of Surmia
    Dzagonur - Blacktide - Fissure of Woe
    Whiteside Ridge - Underworld - Vabbi

Albums
    NA
    EU

The results over at the official wiki have been updated!
    Current Standings
    Round 1 - Results

BONUS
    The Adopt-A-Dev program has resulted in the successful placement of these developers (many have not disclosed their locations, but these are the known ones):

• Tyler Bearce - Game Designer - Syndictive [Syn] - Sea of Sorrows
    • John Corpening - Associate Game Director - [DmD] - Devona’s Rest
    • Samuel Loretan - Server Programmer- [RAID] - Place de Vizunah [FR]
    • Hugh Norfolk - PvP Game Designer - [CERN] - Tarnished Coast
    • Steve Fowler - Head of Global Marketing -Semper Dius [Dius] - Kodash [EU]
    • Branden Gee - Gameplay Programmer - Tarnished Coast Field Medics [TCFM] - Tarnished Coast
    • Jessica Boettiger - WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA - vE - Kodash [EU]
    • Paul Ella - Release Producer - Non Verbal Persuasion [NVP] - DarkHaven
    • Chris Whiteside - Studio Design Director - Helioz [Hel] - Tarnished Coast
    • Josh Davis - Competitive Events Coordinator - Strike Force [SF] and Fury [dF] - Far Shiverpeaks
    • Pat Cavit - Lead Web Developer - Starfleet Dental [SFD] - Maguuma
    • Colin Johanson - Game Director - [GAF] - Stormbluff Isle
    • Cody Crichton - Sound Designer - Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad - Kodash [EU]
    • Branden Gee - Gameplay Programmer - Repping Nobleese Oblige [Nob] - Eredon Terrace
    • Ray Patrick - Server Programmer - League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA] - Kaineng
    • Tirzah Bauer - Gameplay Programmer - Gaiscioch - Sanctum of Rall
    • John Smith - Mister Economy - Nexus Order - Roche de l'Augure [FR]
    • Lance Hitchcock - QA Engineer - [TUNE] - Yak’s Bend
    • Seth Chadwick - Programmer - Light of Honor [Lite] - Sorrows Furnace
    • Chris Barrett - Gameplay Programmer - ??? - Tarnished Coast
    • Chris Cleary - Game Security Lead - Knights of the Temple [KnT] - Blackgate

DOUBLE BONUS
    One dev posts a youtube video of his adventures in WvW.

REMEMBER to pick up your weekly ticket rewards before this week's reset by visiting the Battle Historian located in any WvW map!
    You must have completed the weekly achievement to get your rewards, you must pick up your rewards or they expire.
    (Note: There is Battle Historian located in EotM so you can avoid sitting in queue to get your rewards)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-20 at 02:06 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Well this quietly finished last week. I was a part of the close SBI/NSP/DR matchup. It played out how you would hope WvWvW plays out, with people still fighting until the last hour for placing.

Also, if you go to the Dolyak statue in your home Borderland you can get a buff for increased WXP and Magic Find.

It was a huge mistake to start this tourny without major WvWvW reform beforehand, but I think the player loss hit them hard enough that they will finally institute the reform that's long been needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well this quietly finished last week. I was a part of the close SBI/NSP/DR matchup. It played out how you would hope WvWvW plays out, with people still fighting until the last hour for placing.

Also, if you go to the Dolyak statue in your home Borderland you can get a buff for increased WXP and Magic Find.

It was a huge mistake to start this tourny without major WvWvW reform beforehand, but I think the player loss hit them hard enough that they will finally institute the reform that's long been needed.

Omg - I was watching that match up til the end! The next to last tick there was only a 9 point difference with the final tick flipping the lead! Amazeballs

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/42/215

Glad to see they are looking at scoring and pop imbalances, but I'm still firmly in the camp that they need to address glicko and the matching system first.

(Question - this thread loads awfully, is it because of all the links? If so I'll cut them out and leave just the albums instead)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Argh I'm so upset about it D: I almost had enough achievements for the title, except for the last week I was stuck at 4/5. I had no time for WvW at all to finish that and it bothers me because I was so close D:
    It's DragonBash all over again (that's worse tho. Those fking wings. Best backitem in the game and I missed it with 1 point. If they're not back next year I'm gonna cry)

----

I had more fun this time in WvW tho. Less trash talking, and I had lots of fun on TS as well. I hope next time it's going to be as good/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    (Question - this thread loads awfully, is it because of all the links? If so I'll cut them out and leave just the albums instead)
    (I have no issues, it's as fast as usual, while I got shit internet)

Ahmg! Is the last week still going? Is there still time? I totally forgot about this after I went on vacation ><

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I just saw Silver's post. Guess I missed it afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ahmg! Is the last week still going? Is there still time? I totally forgot about this after I went on vacation ><

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I just saw Silver's post. Guess I missed it afterall
    I actually missed the first week, got the last 3, so got some tokens, but never had a shot at the title. Would be nice if it was like 3/4 or something, rather than everything, but meh, I'll survive I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the only one that has missed it arlee, in my case my pc went to RIP 2 weeks ago, havent found any solutions for it, the struggle is real.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Aww poor PC. Have you tried posting in the computer forum? Some of those guys are really good at figuring out computer problems. And yea, in my case I just forgot to do it before I left for vacation ><

10+ Year Old Account
    negh, ended up buying a new HDD and im currently installing a default version of W7 (a "yarrr" version you could say)...

Apparently my old HDD went apeshit and started to run everything at a snail pace, maybe even slower, for example for just OPENING a folder it'd take around 7 mins, for opening chrome it took around 25 mins, for downloading and installing 400mb of windows updates it took me like 6 hrs, then i realized i should've formatted the ole piece of junk...

Guess how long it took: 2 WHOLE DAYS TRYING TO GET WINDOWS TO INSTALL 41 hrs (counted them before i just flipped my table) AND IT WOULDNT EVEN GO PAST THE "starting the installing process" part, gladly i managed to save my gw2 screenshots but most importantly...

-MY DARK SOULS 1 SAVEFILE WITH MY LVL 50 NG+ CHARACTER 8(

lucky for me this 2 weeks have been very busy for me, damned college and your stupid classes.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Wow... my brain sort of broke at 7 minutes to open a folder and 25 minutes just to open chrome... That's just special. Glad you were at least able to save some things though

Deleted
    Wow that sucks =( Sounds pretty horrible. Same thing here, but that's simply because my boyfriend is not the biggest genius and broke W8 tweice and made me fix it (I don't even have a Windows pc, still I am able to fix it lol). But I also lost some game files, like Skyrim.