Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm interested to know what it's like on the US servers. Anyone from Illidan or Stormrage US here, want to know if they've started having queues again.

Thanks to Serryn for the awesome signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    They must have changed their definitions though.
    Ysondre is supposedly a highly populated server but it really feels like a medium server.

I've seen huge latencies a few years ago in Dalaran and SW in Cho' gall because so many players were connected, and you mostly couldn't see anything with so many nameplates.

I haven't felt the same in years & I don't think it can only be justified by server improvements.
    This pretty much for the myth about full and high, even just moderately populated realm because the tag say so.
    Did you know the Chinese and other Asian server every whitknight is now trying to shove every single lost player on had all pretty much equal distribution of low medium and high populated realms with little bias to low because population dropped faster than they could adapt the definitions? While closing down one server after another. Blizzard can change the definitions every time. For every region individualy. Usually they do after the regular maintenance or patches by very little increments. Only so much 3 or 4 realms change and player will believe it is just a little fluke in population.
    Of course Blizzard can not change the number of player belonging to a realm and provide the full experience without a merge.

And server tag still won't reflect faction population . As active realm are still flooded with player fleeing and transfering from low and dead realms ones, make the horde faction see a influx of new player for example and horde faction remains stable or even grows. That means you have to lose twice as much or more on alliance to get to the same point. If you are already the underdog population your faction would have to get into minus to bring down these high or medium tags.

CRZ suffers from similar limitations opposed to a controled merge. Make their poorly tuned systems throw 3 horde dominant realms into one zone and they won't magically create a zone full of alliance player. Same for new 'full' zones early in the expansion with of without the CRZ.

Even a merge won't do without real population. Merge a dead realm with another dead realm. 400 and 200, and just add another 300 player out of spite won't create perfectly populated bustling realm as the usual whitknights like to sell you every connected realm on top of CRZ has become.

It does not matter what Blizzard calls these realms. They can not create player and if they continue to underprioritize faction balance odds are you are only worse of than before, even after you server got merged once or twice, even with CRZ on, even with your realm starts saying medium, full or high suddenly, because only the opposing facition keeps growing.
    Last edited by Conscience; 2014-08-23 at 01:18 PM.

I resubbed when the trailer was close to going Live, after a 10 month absence (When SoO first released I left).

Pretty hyped for WoD.

People are already returning for WoD, but I can only say this - run for your life if you are on Draenor. You will not be able to play at all come release day. The queues will be over nine thousand and even that might not be enough.

Prob waiting to see if I come back.....fans can be such a pain.....but God bless them

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    People are already returning for WoD, but I can only say this - run for your life if you are on Draenor. You will not be able to play at all come release day. The queues will be over nine thousand and even that might not be enough.
    why do u even try? nobody sane will leave high pop server no matter how big ques will be - all this FCT are complete usless bs posted just so that blizzard could pretend they do anything instead just work on making server capacity bigger to avoid ques - its been like this every single expansion and will continiue to be cause blizzard dont give a f... about it as long as u paay them for sub

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why do u even try? nobody sane will leave high pop server no matter how big ques will be - all this FCT are complete usless bs posted just so that blizzard could pretend they do anything instead just work on making server capacity bigger to avoid ques
    They can not make the capacity bigger, people already have huge framerate and lag issues on high pop servers in crowded areas. Increasing capacity would make it even worse.

They can not make the capacity bigger, people already have huge framerate and lag issues on high pop servers in crowded areas. Increasing capacity would make it even worse.
    This here. You should see Area 52. My 4770k/780ti cannot pull more than 40fps in Shrine on that server, and it has had 30-45 minute login queues every night the past week. I can only imagine how bad it must be for people with entry level systems that just meet the system requirements. It would have to be a slideshow. The 40fps figure came from about a week and a half ago, when I was on Area 52 in a CRZ group for flex.

I used to be on that server until a year ago, I took the free xfers off to Turalyon which is medium pop and never has any queues (and no problems getting 60fps everywhere).

but doesnt Wod bring in interesting feature like making your garrison practically mini phased out city with AH where u could escape the city lag ? + in begginng of expansion most of peopel are out in the world lvling not siting around afk in city ? would it really hurt them so much to add this 10-15k extra player as capacity for first 1-2 months ? im sure people would happyly trade even fps drop to 20 if they diddnt have to wait for 2 hours in que to get in

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but doesnt Wod bring in interesting feature like making your garrison practically mini phased out city with AH where u could escape the city lag ? + in begginng of expansion most of peopel are out in the world lvling not siting around afk in city ? would it really hurt them so much to add this 10-15k extra player as capacity for first 1-2 months ? im sure people would happyly trade even fps drop to 20 if they diddnt have to wait for 2 hours in que to get in
    The point is, the servers that have login queues are at capacity. They CANNOT support any more players. If say hypothetically they increased the number of people that would be on, it would cause extreme lag (server lag, not fps lag), instability, and disconnects. Zones would crash, etc. Trust me, you do NOT want that.

Take the free transfers off to a lower populated server. We don't need the entire population of the game on 2 or 3 big servers, especially now that CRZ is a thing and you can raid cross-server.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Maybe "a large" bunch of players are just re-subbing and preparing things in advance to be ready for pre-patch/expansion.
    Probably this. Argent Dawn EU has queues again after a few quiet months.