Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    Devs are just adding random changes to abilities that no one uses in order to make it look like they are not ignoring rogues.
    Truest thing I've read these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Knowing Celestalon, he both A) doesn't know and B) will nerf the spec until he figures it out while denying it ever happened.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Well, I'm definitely wrong for not thinking it would get nerfed. I like that it was like like that for like three fucking days or whatever. I bet they got a lot of good data in that time, def. not knee-jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    In vannilla and BC Gouge was also a secundary cut, remember the mana elements in Kara, right before Aran.
    I was on cut duty in BC at Illidari Council, taking care of the priestress...
    FoK interrupt was overpowered (AoE cut), thanks to this mechanism I was alone in LK on cut duty against Vezax.
    Gouge isn't an interrupt. Gouge is a CC. There is a big difference. Every CC but snares or roots that I can think of will incidentally stop casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Everyone is on interrupt duty. Everyone!

Never known otherwise. It's casting, I'm interrupting!
    Yeah, did you raid much before this tier? That is very often a horrible idea because it isn't entirely uncommon for bosses to have something you don't want to interrupt that they will cast right after you interrupt the thing that you do want to.

Also before MoP, it was incredibly wasteful to have 8 or so melee blow their resources in an interrupt of a single cast.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    How do you confuse "everyone is on interrupt duty" with "interrupt every spell"?
    Doesn't matter, just as stupid. Either you will end up doubling up or you end up with a giant convoluted list so that everyone is on it. They are free now so it wouldn't matter, but before that you would eventually have people waste resources needlessly because some one looked at the cast bar and went 'oh i think its gonna go off' and multiple people get it which again can result in the interruption of the subsequent spell you do not want to interrupt.

Works fine on most stuff and interrupts are free now. As a blanket rule, absolutely retarded.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2014-08-29 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    And yes, we did get our cost taken away last. That's because they are super lazy with rogues, as you all fucking know!And warriors can get a dps gain from interrupting now that both of ours are free. The only time that was true was when FoK had a combat talent that made it interrupt.
    They're not super lazy with Rogues. If anything they're super careful with Rogues because the class is in such a good state. And yea, Warriors can get +6% dmg when they interrupt, but that requires them to spend a Glyph. Warriors already have some precious Glyphs they'd rather want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Vex View Post
    They're not super lazy with Rogues. If anything they're super careful with Rogues because the class is in such a good state. And yea, Warriors can get +6% dmg when they interrupt, but that requires them to spend a Glyph. Warriors already have some precious Glyphs they'd rather want.
    Bullshit. Rogues were crap in pvp at MoP launch, and it isn't like making it free would somehow let us do more dps than if we didn't interrupt at all in pve so that doesn't work for you either.

Why is this really even a discussion? No one I have seen since this talent tree system was introduced even uses it.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

It was viable when ST wasn't balls. You could pretty reasonably interrupt frost mage spam, which was nice, because you sure weren't doing anything but throwing in those matches.

They're not super lazy with Rogues. If anything they're super careful with Rogues because the class is in such a good state.
    The devs always think rogues are in a good state. MoP launch we had the lowest arena representation of any class in the history of the game, and we have no reason, looking at the still very imbalanced beta, to assume that rogues are somehow where they should be.

The line about warriors was an out of place inline quote from earlier in the thread. I've edited my post to that effect. I'll still answer the response though:

And yea, Warriors can get +6% dmg when they interrupt, but that requires them to spend a Glyph.
    It's not really relevant. Everyone has to spend glyphs. Glyphs aren't some warrior resource. There is actually a glyph for kick, and it is stupendously frustrating- it's a lower cooldown on kick should you interrupt (like down to 13 seconds from 15) but if you fuck up or someone takes your kick, it's like a 21 second kick cooldown. This is a really lame glyph for several reasons:

> The interrupt bait game is accidental depth, and largely depends on latency- IMO they should have found a way to get rid of fake casting completely instead of assuming it was gameplay.
    > It changes the game from "make sure someone interrupts" to "you took my kick, now we're in trouble because mine won't come back in time". This is the kind of team work that feels like a penalty.

I'm sure the devs are fine with it because it's a high skill cap glyph that only matters in pvp (so who cares anyway), but the fact of the matter is, it would be totally great if the glyph reduced the cooldown by 1 second, or gave us the damage boost like a warrior. Both would be way better than the live one.

Also the 2 second thing was supposed to take a 10 second kick down to 8- that was almost worth risking it.

SIDE NOTE:
    Also all the glyphs are dorked up. The latest dev comments on glyphs proves that they don't get their own glyph philosophy.

Oldest glyph philosophy: (LK)
    > Major Glyphs are cheap to make and offer you player power. Changing them costs mats. Each one is clearly best at certain things, and they are very much like a five stack of talent points that leads up to something nice- they give you a serious benefit, but only to one skill. Very few glyphs are modal, most are clear increases. Do an analysis to figure out which of your several throughput glyphs is better on average, and note that others will often be better at burst or during cooldowns.

Older glyph philisophy: (Cata)
    > Prime Glyphs contain all the clear boosts. None are modal. Do an analysis to figure out which of your several throughput glyphs is better on average, and note that others will often be better during burst or cooldowns.
    > Major Glyphs contain Choices you may find interesting. Many are modal, making a move do more damage less often, or less damage more often. The glyphs all impact gameplay, but are sidegrades in a straight pve situation, and each have different things to recommend them in a pvp situation.

Current glyph philosophy:
    > Prime Glyphs are gone. We deleted them and their bonuses.
    > Major glyphs are the same as above- choices.

New glyph Philosophy: (WoD)
    > Some major glyphs are unambiguous throughput increases. We like this because it makes many feel mandatory, but we definitely won't be changing things like Glyph of Kick to be able to compete with Glyph of Energy. You should go into PvE with a fixed set of 1-3 glyphs that are clearly optimal, and if you need utility you should sacrifice damage for a utility glyph. Basically, it's like the LK philosophy, but it only applies to a few new glyphs we just thought of, the older ones are still balanced as if they are modal sidegrades.

I mean.. what?