Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow CC Is 'Quite' Good

Shadow CC is quite good. Silence, Psychic Horror and a talent. (holinka) (https://twitter.com/holinka/status/497485060358930433)

Well folks its official, not sure what all the community worry is about its official!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Shadow CC is quite good. Silence, Psychic Horror and a talent. (holinka) (https://twitter.com/holinka/status/497485060358930433)

Well folks its official, not sure what all the community worry is about its official!
    This is an older tweet, which we already knew about. It's quite sad if you think about Mind Control, something Shadow can't consider using for serious pvp at all... all CC we have now breaks on damage. I tried testing it at horror and it seems it also breaks. So if we further changes are planned we can call it a no go for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is an older tweet, which we already knew about. It's quite sad if you think about Mind Control, something Shadow can't consider using for serious pvp at all... all CC we have now breaks on damage. I tried testing it at horror and it seems it also breaks. So if we further changes are planned we can call it a no go for pvp.
    Please tell me a form of hard-CC that doesn't break on damage other than Stun/Knockdown(same thing pretty much).

You may think we have terrible cc, but where do we actually stand against other classes/specces?

The only other CC Holinka could possibly be thinking about is glyph of Mind Blast, where crits root the target for 4 seconds.

It'd be one thing if melee stuns broke on damage, but this has never been the case as far as I was aware. Though I think at one point I heard there might actually be a damage cap on stuns now. But otherwise, unless melee mobility or CC gets a heavy handed nerf, or ranged CC/mobility gets buffed (or somewhere in between)... melee/healer comps are gonna be the way to go on 3s and up. It'll probably be dual melee on 2s.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-08-18 at 02:23 PM.

Shadow always "is fine" for blizzard.

Q: "Could something be done for priest CC, please?"
    A: "Shadow CC is quite good!"

Is that an announcement that holy and disc will be removed next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    The only other CC Holinka could possibly be thinking about is glyph of Mind Blast, where crits root the target for 4 seconds.

It'd be one thing if melee stuns broke on damage, but this has never been the case as far as I was aware. Though I think at one point I heard there might actually be a damage cap on stuns now. But otherwise, unless melee mobility or CC gets a heavy handed nerf, or ranged CC/mobility gets buffed (or somewhere in between)... melee/healer comps are gonna be the way to go on 3s and up. It'll probably be dual melee on 2s.
    You know I've been fantasizing about that recently.

If AS goes live without any serious nerfs (or not enough to make us not stack crit) then the mind blast glyph might become pretty attractive. Roll SI and machine gun instant mind blasts, any of which have a pretty good chance to root for 4 seconds. Cool fuckin beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post

Why do people always have to split the specs in 2.
    There are 34 different specs, not all melee got great control/movement, just like not all ranged got bad.

Also remember that if cc is so good a melee will never get to hit you, the game is broken.
    It would be just as fair to make melee targeting a ranged player kill them without even attacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Q: "Could something be done for priest CC, please?"
    A: "Shadow CC is quite good!"

Is that an announcement that holy and disc will be removed next patch?
    No, its a hint of incoming nerfs
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Why do people always have to split the specs in 2.
    There are 34 different specs, not all melee got great control/movement, just like not all ranged got bad.

Also remember that if cc is so good a melee will never get to hit you, the game is broken.
    It would be just as fair to make melee targeting a ranged player kill them without even attacking.
    However, its not broken in a state where a melee can be on top of you the minute you get within a 40 yards casting distance? The the melee can easily lock you down, and kill you/force you to blow all cds to survive, and then be ready to try again with all their CC before yours is even done with its cooldown? As a shadowpriest, if I get within 40 yards of a warrior, and even tried to cast anything other than an instant, the cast time of MB would be ample time for a warrior to get in my face, or for a DK to grip me.

No, the issue with ranged CC right now is that 90% of it breaks on damage. Meaning if you're a class with dots, you can't dot your target. The point of ranged CC is to create openings and put a gap between you and melee. Ranged mobility also took a huge hit this round as well. However, with the mobility of warriors, rogues, and monks that gap can be closed within seconds of that CC breaking. At that point, melee have relatively low cooldown CCs that don't break on damage.

One big thing I think is being utterly missed by Blizz and anyone who thinks spriest v melee is fine, is that snares are crowd control.

Melees can and do use snares to "control" our ability to just move away from them, and there's little or nothing we can do about it. Frost mages and hunters can use snares to control melee's ability to make contact, or to control a caster who's trying to get out of range/behind a pillar.

We have a snare, but it's 100% useless in a 1v1 situation, unless we're somehow ahead/on the offensive and we can keep a melee or ranged within range for a bit longer. If we're peeling for a teammate we can have 100% Flay/snare uptime, which is pretty nice. But once again, the end result is our soloability suffers because of our group utility.

Also, here, make your voice heard on a forum they're more likely to visit.
    Last edited by Annesh; 2014-08-19 at 12:34 PM.

Silence is a shit CC. It's garbage against melee.

I always like to compare with Warlock when looking at shadow. Since they compete for niche a lot.

Shadow:
    Psychic Scream: Talent. 5 enemies, 45 sec cooldown.
    Psychic Horror: 45 second cooldown, 4 second horror, cost damage resource.
    Silence: 25-45 second cooldown, 3-5 second silence.

Warlock:
    Howl of Terror: Talent. 5 enemies, 40 sec cooldown, reduced further by melee attacks.
    Mortal Coil: Talent. 45 second cooldown, 3 second horror, no cost, heals.
    Spell Lock: 24 second cooldown, 6 second lockout. Requires Felhunter.
    Blood Horror: Talent. 60 second cooldown, 3 second horror.
    Fear: no cooldown, 6 second fear.

Obviously Scream competes with Tentacles and MC, while Howl, Coil, and Shadowfury compete. But shadow is closer now than it has been, to warlock CC. I think if they had left the 6 second Psychic Horror in it would have been reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    I always like to compare with Warlock when looking at shadow. Since they compete for niche a lot.

Shadow:
    Psychic Scream: Talent. 5 enemies, 45 sec cooldown.
    Psychic Horror: 45 second cooldown, 4 second horror, cost damage resource.
    Silence: 25-45 second cooldown, 3-5 second silence.

Warlock:
    Howl of Terror: Talent. 5 enemies, 40 sec cooldown, reduced further by melee attacks.
    Mortal Coil: Talent. 45 second cooldown, 3 second horror, no cost, heals.
    Spell Lock: 24 second cooldown, 6 second lockout. Requires Felhunter.
    Blood Horror: Talent. 60 second cooldown, 3 second horror.
    Fear: no cooldown, 6 second fear.

Obviously Scream competes with Tentacles and MC, while Howl, Coil, and Shadowfury compete. But shadow is closer now than it has been, to warlock CC. I think if they had left the 6 second Psychic Horror in it would have been reasonable.
    6 second psychic horror when tunneling a healer say with a mage in 3s woulda been completely op.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    6 second psychic horror when tunneling a healer say with a mage in 3s woulda been completely op.
    And it is NOT okay for a shadowpriest to be OP.

That's what warlocks/mages/hunter/warriors are for.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My enhance shaman disagrees =_= silence stops alot of my skills, shocks, ascendance, etc etc.

lets talk about ccs then!

all shaman specs
    capacitor totem
    5 seconds for stun to activate, easy to outrange and/or kill totem with a 45 second cooldown
    Hex
    6 seconds poly that breaks after about 60k damage, with a 45 second cooldown
    quit complaining, you guys have plenty(4 if talented)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    And it is NOT okay for a shadowpriest to be OP.

That's what warlocks/mages/hunter/warriors are for.
    you can already lock healer out more than needed..

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    you guys have plenty(4 if talented)
    No, we have 3 when talented. Scream, Horror, Silence.

Didn't they remove all CCs from pets? I thought that was some huge priority for this xpack?

Deleted
    rather than another cc they need to give sp's a way to create a gap to all the mongo melee that just maul your face off when you dont have a healer.