Blackfuse Belt trick

So, I have looked up on other sites and combed through here to see if anyone has see/done this technique and yup nuffin. So, I figured I'd share it. We all know you can cheese the mechanic by disengaging onto and off the belt..... But did you know you can "cheese" the mechanic of being gripped off the belt by disengaging ( considering if you time it perfect ) and never have to worry about ever leaving the belt and having to worry about raid damage from the bottom or fall damage if you have to hop into the pipe to get back on? Here let me break it down for ya

Belt one: hop into the pipe as normal with pet out, Kill the required belt add that fits your raid strategy without going past the first

laser line
    (the area where you first drop into from hopping into the pipe to be put onto the belt). Now here is where personal latency

may come into play. now depending on what boss mod you have, Im sure you have a timer that shows "Next assembly line in X". Here is

what you need to watch for to fine tune it for you. When Blackfuse does his electric "deathgrip" to you on the belt, for my timers

when that animation hits my toon, the timer is between 1.1 seconds to .9 left. That's when you hit disengage, and if done correctly

you will never leave the belt, never take any damage from down below, maintain complete control on the belt, save your raid team from

sending a healer to help you guys/gals out if needed....

So, recap for this to work correctly: Stay in the "zone" before the first set of laser line, Kill the add, watch your timer for "next assembly line" and find your sweet spot (usually when I see the animation touch my toons feet is when I hit disengage), and don't fall off the belt don't disengage through the very first set of lasers (which will insta kill you since you're not supposed to be in that room where the unfinished weapons spawn) and win!

Now, lets say it worked for you on 3 assembly lines but you missed on the 4th line, well hop onto the pipe.... you have no pattern recognition debuff!

but I really hope this info has helped out and I look forward to some responses to see if other have managed to do it.
    Last edited by sevendeadlysyns; 2014-08-21 at 07:22 PM. Reason: just needed to clean it up a bit

This was posted months ago in the Tier 16 hunter tips/tricks thread and ppl largely agreed that it's useless because working against the belt to try and get back for every single spawn of it is way more risky/difficult than just doing the jumps.

Deleted
    You don't even have to be that exact with the timers, just be ready to Disengage and press your bind as soon as you see the gripping line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    You don't even have to be that exact with the timers, just be ready to Disengage and press your bind as soon as you see the gripping line.
    I've noticed that as well, I figured to mention that to be a sort of focus point to be ready to hit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    This was posted months ago in the Tier 16 hunter tips/tricks thread and ppl largely agreed that it's useless because working against the belt to try and get back for every single spawn of it is way more risky/difficult than just doing the jumps.
    Ok, cool I feel better knowing that it was posted then But..... I don't see how it's more risky however..... if you stay on the belt 100% of the time for the duration of the fight and not taking raid damage from below or get targeted w/ mines/blades, not having to worry about miss-calculating your positioning to disengage onto the belt and falling off, hopping in the pipe and disengaging at the peak of the spit out of the pipe to get onto the belt and taking fall damage and having to recall and re-summon your pet down below and more than likely take a raid-wide damage hit.... seems like more work and more room for error than just having to manage work in a "smaller work space" for the method I posted to work. Hrm, interesting.

Deleted
    This sounds indeed more risky and difficult than it needs to be.

All I do is jump into the tube every time (yes, every time) and when the second pipe blows me into the air to send me back to the main platform I simply hit disengage.
    No need to make it more difficult than it needs to be, this is the easiest and safest way to do it. If you somehow fail (which is unlikely) you will land on the main platform and can simply do it again and make it back in time most of the time.

Risky in the sense that if your latency is a bit higher than anticipated, or another glitch in the matrix happens, you'll be sent off the belt right as the other one starts and lose damage on the subsequent belt.

Smart use of Deterrence/Spirit Mend almost completely negates damage you take on the platform.

When you've done the hop-onto-belt-and-disengage-thing more than like 10 times it's pretty much second nature and 100% predictable and reliant on you whereas this trick can be fucked over by simple latency.

I mean, this trick is well and fine now at 588 ilvl where you don't HAVE to go past the 1st set of laser lines. But on progression, it wasn't worth it, at all.

As others have stated, it has been posted some 6 months back or so, but I for one appreciate the good intentions. Many who has begun progress later into the tier probably didn't spot that trick the first time around here on the forums.

your heart's in the right place
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Its better to come off the belt and dps SC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaity View Post
    Its better to come off the belt and dps SC.
    At best you might have 8 seconds of downtime being off the belts (more for the first belt with CDs and lust, but let's assume this for the sake of consistency), and if you'd have to cross the entire room to be able to reach the boss, plus dismiss the pet and get yourself in position for jumping then that would mean that such an option wouldn't be viable to the vast majority of people.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2014-08-22 at 07:52 AM.

Red the op presents a scenario where you kill the weapon before crossing the first set of lazers. If that is the case you have plenty of time. If SC is on the opposite side of the room you have rocket boosts, maybe symbiosis, and 6 second disengage to get over there. On the way back your pet will despawn due to distance. No 3 second cast required.

If the boss is near by its still a good idea to get in some dps before despawning the pet. Ultimately all of this is based on circumstances in the moment but staying up on the belt is generally unnecessary and counterproductive in the learning process.

Use it if it works for you, however for progression you're never going to be able to kill it before the first fire lines unless you have 2 people up permanently.

As others have stated its worse to work against the belt to get back to get in range of the weapons to attack them, as SV I find it good to run over and throw a black arrow (and SS/whatever else I have time for) up on Blackfuse so I get lnl procs as soon as the belt is starting.

whats the reasoning to dismiss pet before jumping? also, would you have to as sv?

Quote Originally Posted by boxezbox View Post
    whats the reasoning to dismiss pet before jumping? also, would you have to as sv?
    If trying hard, it is to swap pets for their "Rabid" ability for more dmg on the weapons, other than that some prefer it over the /petpassive macor for when you disengage onto the belt from the pipe.

i find it that you can just open your pet dropdown to select a pet you want before your pet gets called out after you Disengage off a belt or take the pipe onto a belt
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho