Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Smile Avoiding People that sucks!

Well! unfortunatly it is like that. You don't want to play with people that sucks too bad. I mean those that are Extremly bad, not just the average noob! so.. for Dungeons and stuff, i just usually put crappy tanks, noob healers and complete moron dps's on my Ignore list. This to avoid get into a group with them again. and it works, Now I wonder, Will it even work for Random Battlegrounds?

If it works the same way is with Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder etc... I would probably end up with filling my Ignore list pretty fast!
    Anyone know's?

Sorry if this thread is dublicated!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really not a healthy attitude for such mechanic. If you want to avoid people that 'suck', then queue with people you think doesn't 'suck'. Then you shouldn't use a random system if you have a wish to actually not be part of the mechanic, only to get what is for you. Of course, you could put people on ignore if you wish but it'll fill up your list fast. This could leave out more important reasons to ignore people.

Though, I am sure it shouldn't work for battlegrounds (I am not sure if it does or doesn't, though, just don't think it should). Again, get better equiped and go with friends or take a ground of none 'sucking' friends.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-21 at 10:21 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    There are too many players to fit all the bad ones or even a small fraction of them in your ignore list. Easiest way to deal with them is to just leave or if the rest of the group is competent, vote kick them.

Alienating people in an MMO. Go figure.

I'd rather play with someone who is bad and learning than an asshole. My ignore list is full of jerks who like to belittle people or be elitist douches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is really not a healthy attitude for such mechanic. If you want to avoid people that 'suck', then queue with people you think doesn't 'suck'. Then you shouldn't use a random system if you have a wish to actually not be part of the mechanic, only to get what is for you. Of course, you could put people on ignore if you wish but it'll fill up your list fast. This could leave out more important reasons to ignore people.

Though, I am sure it shouldn't work for battlegrounds (I am not sure if it does or doesn't, though, just don't think it should). Again, get better equiped and go with friends or take a ground of none 'sucking' friends.
    Uhm no! maybe not! but the ignore feature to avoid sertain people has been implemented into the system for a reason! It's there for me to use it! so i will use it! When i put people on ignore during my leveling, is to avoid that these people will drag me down in the paste that im leveling in. sooner or later i will be way ahead of them (cause they didnt drag me down) and are removing people from the ignore again! my Ignore list on any character is 0 or less than 10 people.

No! I wasn't really thinking that it would work either! but i posted this thread to make sure! I know an ignore list for people in Random BG's would fill up pretty fast! but, if it had worked just like in Dungeons. Than atleast i would have avoided people i dont want to play with for the rest of the day atleast.

and dont misunderstand me Gehco. I do put up with most players! Im not a hater that will fill my ignore list with random people doing too little dps or whatever! This thread is not about filling my ignore list completely in less than an hour, just cause im better than others.

This is just flamebait. I normally just put players like the OP on ignore. Hes likely a middle of the road baddy that thinks hes awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zness View Post
    I'd rather play with someone who is bad and learning than an asshole. My ignore list is full of jerks who like to belittle people or be elitist douches.
    yea! I used to be the helping guy. putting people on the right track of stuff in the game. why? cause i know most stuff, how come? cause I have played the game for 7-8 years. But! here's what comes with being helpful or polite.
    1: you well get flooded with questions 24/7
    2: they tell other people, "Talk to this guy" he knows everything. Al the sudden i have 18 new friend invites to decline..
    3: after they have gotten som help. it always comes down to. "Btw! do you have any gold i can have"........

Know that was kinda off-track there, but still! when you do stuff, regardless of if its a dungeon, battleground and so on. you are doing it for own winning (Unless you are specificly helping a friend or two out!) you are doing it to WIN the Battleground. You are doing it to complete a Dungeon as fast as possible to gain gear and XP faster..

Getting into a good guild solves a lot of problems. There are people out there who just run with guildies and no one else. And there are some out there who join randoms and LFR and help out people who are new or can't play.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I like these kinds of people - they are so quick to pronounce judgment on others. And then they expect others to follow suit because they came to a judgment.

Your attitude is already rubbing me the wrong way.

I think a better question to dealing people who don't meet your standards, is whether you think you've done enough to help them out. The people who are the quickest to judge, are also the most unwilling, but are usually the most vocal, and will flee at the first sign of trouble. It's easy to judge - it's tough to help.

People who judge and call other names are taking the path of least resistance and allowing an open wound to fester. I say it takes strength of character to help someone, because helping someone usually improves the community.

Which this community is in dire need of.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

That's why I have a friends list for in all the MMOS I play. And do u even English bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Other than getting them kicked out, you can ignore them or use a mod to remind you that they are bad.

^ This.

Bad is ok. Bad and trying to improve is great. Jerks, racists, trolls... those people get ignored and reported if they do something I can report them for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    middle of the road baddy that thinks hes awesome.
    these are the people i avoid. i can handle derps in 5mans through normals. they aren't harming anybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    you could always help em get better, you know
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You see all those solo player games on the shelf of your local EB? If you're so elitist that you have to "avoid people that suck!", stick to those. If you can't/don't want to, improve the attitude man, being like that makes games unfun for everyone...and that includes YOU op!
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by skjelfjord84 View Post
    Well! unfortunatly it is like that. You don't want to play with people that sucks too bad. I mean those that are Extremly bad, not just the average noob! so.. for Dungeons and stuff, i just usually put crappy tanks, noob healers and complete moron dps's on my Ignore list. This to avoid get into a group with them again. and it works, Now I wonder, Will it even work for Random Battlegrounds?

If it works the same way is with Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder etc... I would probably end up with filling my Ignore list pretty fast!
    Anyone know's?

Sorry if this thread is dublicated!
    WAIT!!!! People are in dungeons long enoguh to pay attention to whether someone is bad or not???
    Seriously que'ing as a raid geared tank, I'm normally top dps anyways and chain pulling the whole time, as a healer nothing does enough damage for me to pay attention to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    I have a feeling the OP is the elitist jerk you just mentioned

15+ Year Old Account
    Too many to ignore. If you're decent enough you can solo instances by now, so be a nice guy and carry them through so they get to gear up.
    Sucks in battlegrounds, but since you're such a great player it shouldn't be a problem getting a few people together for a pre-made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skjelfjord84 View Post
    Uhm no! maybe not! but the ignore feature to avoid sertain people has been implemented into the system for a reason! It's there for me to use it! so i will use it! When i put people on ignore during my leveling, is to avoid that these people will drag me down in the paste that im leveling in. sooner or later i will be way ahead of them (cause they didnt drag me down) and are removing people from the ignore again! my Ignore list on any character is 0 or less than 10 people.

No! I wasn't really thinking that it would work either! but i posted this thread to make sure! I know an ignore list for people in Random BG's would fill up pretty fast! but, if it had worked just like in Dungeons. Than atleast i would have avoided people i dont want to play with for the rest of the day atleast.

and dont misunderstand me Gehco. I do put up with most players! Im not a hater that will fill my ignore list with random people doing too little dps or whatever! This thread is not about filling my ignore list completely in less than an hour, just cause im better than others.
    I tend to hold the list for the kind of people you just don't wish in a group. Rude, hostile or in that area. Of course, it is your ignore list but still not a good attitude for one using a random tool. I mean, you are signing up to queue with anyone.

You didn't state much when calling out the word, 'suck' about people. So one would have to expect a wide list in the opinions of many. I don't use the ignore list against what might be slow going people, low gear or the likes, only towards as said, rude or hostile people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..