Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It seems pretty much everyone and their mom is forgetting something here. Something huge. Like, exploding blackholes on Mars level of "wait a second, I should pay attention to that..."

They've switched nearly all spells in the game to no longer have a base damage (or simply "1" as a stand-in) and spells are far, far more reliant on your Attack/Spell power. Alongside that, they're lowered weapon damage and upped how Attack Power effects its formula in order to help fix the "if you're melee you need a better weapon, if you're a caster any int increase will do" problem.

If you take that alongside most CC being within, I think, three categories and silences being niche and not present all over the classes anymore, low lvl PVP should be far less insane than it currently is.

Unless you're in a low enough bracket for enchanted heirlooms to proc stupidly high percentages but that's not really a problem after 30.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    One shots has always been an issue with twinks vs non twinks though, and weak classes vs strong. Rogues, Hunters and Prot Warriors are ridiculous in low level BG's but with low level it's always been really out of balance. The gear scaling thing they have often does more harm than good too, 70-74 bracket is dominated by level70's due to the gear scaling they have like double the stats of a lvl74 in the same gear, twice the health too.

Level 70 twinking is also messed up due to the level scaling, everyone is a walking tank because they're twinked out and even with the EXP turned off the game scales them up to level 74, and all of them are using engineering for that level 80 trinket, which get scaled up blowing it even more out of proportion, level 80 stuff at lvl70 is already overpowered enough without it being scaled up further.
    Item Squish and Scaling Fix will help a lot with those problems. Maybe they need to rethink the current scaling from level boosting in BGs though...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Can anyone else remember when they blanket nerfed almost all of Warlock's damage with the prepatch for Cata? Went like "Incinerate Damage reduced for players under 81" or something for most of their spells. If they could do that in Cata's prepatch then by this point they should be able to do a comprehensive sweep and isolate all of the major issues. Low level damage is absurd and part of the reason why new players don't actually know what the fuck to do with their characters.

If they reduced low level damage across the board, you might see low levels have to use defensives or employ some other strategy than "ZERG NUKE ONE SHOT LOL NEXT". I'm doing RAF with a friend as a Prot Warrior over and over (Don't need anyone else to solo dungeon trash, only need a healer for some bosses) and it's just moronic. Level 10, get SS and one shot anything if I crit. Get to level 20 and just cleave everything down with TC, get to 30 and Revenge does 50% of your damage, get to 46 and Blood and Thunder just makes trash retardedly easy with Piercing Howl (Kite everything, DW Kills them). Even better with Ultimatum causing Cleave to crit. For PvP it's really no different, just use SS, Devastate for Deep Wounds and Revenge on CD for damage. Both are just absurd.

I know they wanted to make leveling not be a drag but this is just retarded.

I twink in the largest twink bracket in WoW atm. 20-24. Which is also where the trials sit at. Never think for a second that you're gonna steam roll a trial. Once they get geared and actually know how to play their class, they are just as strong as 24s. Gotta love the PVE heroes(P2P) that come into the 20-24 brackets fully loomed/chanted thinking they can steam roll the trials.<-- funny shit. Besides, if you'e twinking, a lot of classes stats scale better at the low end of the brackets. But now in WoD, we are going back to a 10 lvl brackets. 10-19, 20-29..etc With no Hit/Expertise/Haste Break Points to worry with. So, now we dont have to worry about getting hit capped.
    Last edited by Bytch; 2014-08-24 at 04:23 AM.

If you think low level is bad just wait until 80-84.. MoP blue items are absurd! PvP is a clusterf*ck no matter the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They've switched nearly all spells in the game to no longer have a base damage (or simply "1" as a stand-in) and spells are far, far more reliant on your Attack/Spell power. Alongside that, they're lowered weapon damage and upped how Attack Power effects its formula in order to help fix the "if you're melee you need a better weapon, if you're a caster any int increase will do" problem.
    All this is really going to do is make enchanted heirlooms even stronger.

Deleted
    this discussion about low level pvp has been going on since the dawn of mankind, and you might aswell just stop bringing it up. They already have a lot to see to, balancing max level pvp. Low level pvp will never be touched balance wide, unless some MASSIVE problems are presented, and they rarely are, since you change battleground bracket every 5 levels, and the power shifts between the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It seems pretty much everyone and their mom is forgetting something here. Something huge. Like, exploding blackholes on Mars level of "wait a second, I should pay attention to that..."

If you take that alongside most CC being within, I think, three categories and silences being niche and not present all over the classes anymore, low lvl PVP should be far less insane than it currently is.

Unless you're in a low enough bracket for enchanted heirlooms to proc stupidly high percentages but that's not really a problem after 30.
    Which means that PvP is going to be far more unbalanced than it is now. What you are describing was the only thing that made low level pvp anywhere near balanced. Now it is gonna empower those that gear far more than it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivazhin View Post
    this discussion about low level pvp has been going on since the dawn of mankind, and you might aswell just stop bringing it up. They already have a lot to see to, balancing max level pvp. Low level pvp will never be touched balance wide, unless some MASSIVE problems are presented, and they rarely are, since you change battleground bracket every 5 levels, and the power shifts between the classes.
    If they have zero intentions of balancing it, remove it from the game. I'm sorry it is such a shit excuse to keep saying 'wait till 90'.

Low level PvP is MASSIVELY screwed up. Shield slam prot warriors, aimed shot hunters, ambush, etc. They tried to fix shield slam if you remember, they could do the same to the rest of the abilities and then some.
    Last edited by Arrogant Bastard; 2014-08-26 at 07:48 AM.

They have 0 intentions of balancing it because not enough people care

and rightly so.

It's not current content, people do it for shits and giggles while levelling.

If you want "balanced" low level pvp, find a private server where they give a damn about balance instead of complaining about live servers that are trying to move FORWARD and not retro-fix all the previous content to match the current stuff.

Scaling fix will actually help but I still believe you should get some minimum Ilvl in PvP in EVERY bracket, not just max level (in WoD).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne