Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
  1. #801
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kadath, Cold Wastes
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Yet you and millions of others played that game.
    The work/reward part was good. WoW was never a game you played for just 30 minutes every few days. You should of quit if you hated all that, don't be angry that others didn't. If the game was always casual how could all those aspects have possibly been that bad(hint, they weren't).

    And you know, there's a middle ground. And right now the game has moved to the complete opposite spectrum. I'm not arguing for a 'hardcore' game, and I'm not arguing against a 'casual' game. Both those things are just concepts and don't represent that actual game.

    What I'm against is an entirely faceroll game(minus a tiny spectrum of raiding). It's not even about wanting a challenge, it's about the game being so damn easy that it's boring. It's leaning so far on the instant gratification side that it removes any motive to care. Resulting in a lot people not staying subbed for more than a couple months at a time.
    Idk how you can possible hate all those things but like the current game. The current game is still just a grind but with less diversity. Your problem is that your focusing too much on the reward and not just playing the game.
    Actually, I unsubscribed for a year starting late BC and ending early LK, because the "hardcore" attitudes of Sunwell were ridiculous.

    The current game is much, much less of a grind than the old game was. That you think it's even comparable proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Let me guess, account created 2012 or later? Mmm, thought so.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data".

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Actually, I unsubscribed for a year starting late BC and ending early LK, because the "hardcore" attitudes of Sunwell were ridiculous.

    The current game is much, much less of a grind than the old game was. That you think it's even comparable proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Let me guess, account created 2012 or later? Mmm, thought so.
    The whole game is a grind. Literally almost everything you do is a grind. You sound like your trying to convince yourself more than me.

    This just sounds like another case of people playing the wrong game. Some people like farming for all those things. Not all the timesinks were balanced well, but that doesn't mean the current game is any more interesting.
    Last edited by Brandon138; 2014-08-26 at 07:12 AM.

  3. #803
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kadath, Cold Wastes
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The whole game is a grind. Literally almost everything you do is a grind. You sound like your trying to convince yourself more than me.

    This just sounds like another case of people playing the wrong game. Some people like farming for all those things. Not all the timesinks were balanced well, but that doesn't mean the current game is any more interesting.
    Nice backpedal. You've gone from "make it more hardcore, the current game sucks" to "make it more hardcore, the current game isn't any more interesting." Well, you've yet to state one concrete thing that you felt was better before MoP, or for that matter string two coherent thoughts together (except lots of flaming and edit-backpedals). I assume your train of thought is still boarding at the station. I'll just go to bed and wait for someone with an actual perspective to explain themselves.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data".

  4. #804
    The very guy who spent the better part of his time on the dev team simplifying the game, because apparently a vocal minority on the forum is a valid source of feedback (here is a question Ghostcrawler: How about you guys actually listened to beta feedback ONCE instead?), is now standing "proud and tall" in the Riot dev team, giving WoW the boot for being "too casual".

    I mean...seriously? You do realise that this true for LoL players as well (i wont go so far as calling a bunch of people who require automated systems, snitches and tribunals made up of snitches to keep their own behavior in check a "community"). Because lets face it: The VAST majority of LoL players ARE casuals: http://lolmatches.com/charts

    So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it. If anyone doubts that I am right, then kindly spectate "high-ELO" games. Its ridiculous what goes on. The people with above-average skill are MAYBE a few thousand, worldwide. Remind me GC, how many progress guilds are there in WoW? Exactly.

    But yeah, I had a good laugh reading the stuff. Not at the expanse of WoW I might add.
    Last edited by Sorzzara; 2014-08-26 at 08:36 AM.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  5. #805
    Scarab Lord Revi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    The very guy who spent the better part of his time on the dev team simplifying the game, because apparently a vocal minority on the forum is a valid source of feedback (here is a question Ghostcrawler: How about you guys actually listened to beta feedback ONCE instead?), is now standing "proud and tall" in the Riot dev team, giving WoW the boot for being "too casual".

    I mean...seriously? You do realise that this true for LoL players as well (i wont go so far as calling a bunch of people who require automated systems, snitches and tribunals made up of snitches to keep their own behavior in check a "community"). Because lets face it: The VAST majority of LoL players ARE casuals: http://lolmatches.com/charts

    So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it.

    But yeah, I had a good laugh reading the stuff. Not at the expanse of WoW I might add.
    It's amazing how much people can read into something with the right preconceptions.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

    So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it.
    Both WoW and LoL are very casual games and easy to get into, but both can be played hardcore. Don't worry about his comments, people at Riot think they're gods gift to competitive & hardcore gaming just because they suck millions into watching their esport league therefore LoL = hardcore, despite the fact every element is dumbed down from Dota and the only reason their esport scene is so huge is because they attract so many casual gamers who think competitive LoL is impressive, that and pumping a tone of cash into the scene. It's just Riot ego, a lot of their developers are like that just because their game has the largest esport scene.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    The very guy who spent the better part of his time on the dev team simplifying the game, because apparently a vocal minority on the forum is a valid source of feedback (here is a question Ghostcrawler: How about you guys actually listened to beta feedback ONCE instead?), is now standing "proud and tall" in the Riot dev team, giving WoW the boot for being "too casual".

    I mean...seriously? You do realise that this true for LoL players as well (i wont go so far as calling a bunch of people who require automated systems, snitches and tribunals made up of snitches to keep their own behavior in check a "community"). Because lets face it: The VAST majority of LoL players ARE casuals: http://lolmatches.com/charts

    So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it. If anyone doubts that I am right, then kindly spectate "high-ELO" games. Its ridiculous what goes on. The people with above-average skill are MAYBE a few thousand, worldwide. Remind me GC, how many progress guilds are there in WoW? Exactly.

    But yeah, I had a good laugh reading the stuff. Not at the expanse of WoW I might add.
    Don't believe he said anywhere that LoL was a casual game or not. He did however say that he was happy to work on a game where he didn't have to worry about whether it was casual or not. What I believe he meant was with any player vs player game, the players set the pace and difficulty meaning the developers don't have to tune the world to be hardcore or casual. However, you and I obviously read it differently and I can see many different ways it can be read into.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by flooressence View Post
    Don't worry about his comments, .
    Believe me, I am not worried at all, I am amused.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Did you even read what you responded to? Raid finder has never been required to progress. Uptight guilds make it necessary, not the game.
    You're right. It's not the games fault that it's essentially spreading it's legs for me, gesturing me to reach in simply take tools that will aid me and keep me competitive during my raid progression.

    It's not uncommon for top guilds to down Heroic encounters with a few blue quality items but as you'll find, most raiders grab any upgrades they can within reason. Dropping 20K for a BoE epic? Easily ignorable.

    Sitting in queue and doing something you barely have to have awareness for? That's hard to pass up when everyone else is taking advantage of, specially when you consider alts or late comers to the expansion.

  10. #810
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,004
    Going to just close this here. Lately it's been turning into casuals vs hardcore arguments between a select group of people and there isn't anything new said here that isn't already being discussed in a half dozen related threads.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •