Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343

    Lightbulb Blizzard games are too good.

    They're amazingly well done and keep people addicted for countless hours, regardless of how much complaining goes on in the forums.

    The problem we have here is that the company actually gets the community actively involved and takes feedback from them. This gives people a sense of entitlement, a sense of power (which, as paying customers, they do have, to a certain degree)...But it gets to a point where people expect nothing but perfection. But their perfection is not someone else's perfection. Unfortunately, if we want a quality game that appeals to the masses, the customer can't always be right. We're not devs, we're still just customers.

    The people you see blowing stuff out of proportion in the forums have not only played these games for probably hundreds or thousands of hours but will more than likely continue to, regardless of what they tell you. Think about it for a minute. If there was another game that they could compare in quality and in enjoyability, they would be playing that game instead of relentlessly trolling forums, going so far as to putting links in their sigs for refunds and websites to report Blizzard. It's despicable. And it spreads like a virus. Herd mentality.

    So this stuff about quitting, reporting Blizzard to the Better Business Bureau, threatening to sue (lol), threatening a refund...it's all bullshit. If you don't like the game, move on. NO one is stopping you. Why are you going to such great lengths to spread misinformation, hate and to troll every thread or Youtube video you see from Blizzard? The act itself is a testament to how good Blizzard games are if you stop and think about it.

    What happens when games are truly bad? They can't hold your attention, even enough to get you to complain consistently in the forums. WoW's old and people are sheep. They get in the mindset that the game is dying because subs are dropping and they see what the toxic community keeps spreading, so they jump ship. Even if the game becomes the best it's ever been, nothing can change that mindset.

    One of my favorite quotes is from Men in Black. "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals..."

    Then you also have the people deliberately spreading misinformation. The ones trying to sabotage the company because they either don't enjoy the game anymore and don't want anyone else enjoying it, or ruined their lives over it and blame Blizzard. It's the same thing every time. You'll tell them how good some new feature is or some great change coming and they shoot you down, insisting the game is "dead" and then telling you when it was at it's best (it's always when they were playing). Stuck in a state of denial and resentment. I'm speaking from experience unfortunately. I know people that do this.

    Now don't get me wrong, not only is the community also a big part of why their games are so good, but I myself have done my share of complaining and currently don't feel like doing much in WoW or D3 (waiting on patches). But I don't get it twisted. I know there's a reason why I'm so passionate about their games. I stay logical and I form my own opinions. I don't follow and I'm not biased.

    I'm an almost 8 year veteran of WoW, sinking over 12k hours/500++ days into it but more importantly, I'm informed. I keep myself updated. I know why hotkeys and macros are vital, I know why class balance and the way a class plays are the most important things in this game. I know what the game needs, I know what's important to it's life and longevity. And let me tell you...it isn't where cities are located in Draenor. It isn't the fact that one of the updated hairstyles on my main is only 90% the same as the original or that my lower back isn't shaped exactly like someone photoshopped in a thread.

    Warlords of Draenor has made me the most excited I've been about an expansion release since Wrath. It brings with it so many changes, big and small, that the game has needed for years. Way more, in fact, than any other expansion release has ever brought (and much more drastic, having a bigger effect on the game long-term). A lot of people don't count these things as "content". They only count the number of raids or dungeons. Not even factoring in quality. These people do not know why WoW needs WoD. They want to afk auto-fly in a straight line from point A to B, consuming content as fast as possible like some kind of Pac-Man yet they want this content to be top notch quality. They want new races, 1 or 2 new models, disregarding the fact that WoD brings 20 that we'll see everywhere at all times from players and NPCs alike, not a phased out zone 1 race sees for 2 hours and that's it. They want to call it "another orc expansion", implying Cata and MoP were just because an orc or two played a major role, disregarding the fact that the main story isn't the only thing that shapes people's opinions and that this is a still a video game, not a movie or book. They want what they want because they want it and they will get worked into a frenzy over it the more they discuss it with people who agree with them, much like a riot.

    I guess the point of this thread is, use your heads. I'm not saying Blizzard is perfect, I'm not saying WoD will be...but it's a big step in the right direction for the most part (from what I can tell so far). So maybe give them a break and not nitpick over every...single...little...thing. And please be more vocal about classes and what you do get and not so much about what you didn't get just because it was pushed back (yet not "cut" so please stop using that word).
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  2. #2
    Honestly, if it wasn't for these forums, I wouldn't think Blizzard would be getting this much hate.

    I have to agree, I think they do a really good job honestly.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,843
    The games themselves are awesome, it's some of the decisions that go with them that are questionable.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome MetroStratics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wow.stratics.com
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, if it wasn't for these forums, I wouldn't think Blizzard would be getting this much hate.
    Very well said. This is the only place I've visited where people act on behalf of a "Fan site" and hate on the game the fan site covers lol. Quite strange.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Very well said. This is the only place I've visited where people act on behalf of a "Fan site" and hate on the game the fan site covers lol. Quite strange.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...o-wod-anymore/

    Originated on MMO-C unfortunately. Even Blizz kind of said "wtf" to that. You'll find hate on the WoW forums too, but they have to keep it under control more. And you'll find trolls all over Youtube.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  6. #6
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Very well said. This is the only place I've visited where people act on behalf of a "Fan site" and hate on the game the fan site covers lol. Quite strange.
    You really haven't seen other forums where people complain about their game?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...o-wod-anymore/

    Originated on MMO-C unfortunately. Even Blizz kind of said "wtf" to that.
    Yeah some of the stuff there was just exaggerated and misrepresented.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome MetroStratics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wow.stratics.com
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You really haven't seen other forums where people complain about their game?
    No way, not to this degree. People literally complain about things that aren't even relevant. The amount of misinformation that comes from people here is particularly baffling considering this website is the go-to place for the information they are confused about!
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The games themselves are awesome, it's some of the decisions that go with them that are questionable.
    I wish people would make this more clear more often.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  9. #9
    Blizzard should be the model for any game design or development company. They make their games so damn good and addicting....so polished, so awesome, so epic. They make them easy enough that almost anyone can pick them up, but they also have enough depth that they are hard to master. They have perfected their model.

  10. #10
    Considering I have a PS3 gathering dust and 200+ games on my steam account going untouched while I race to finish all my CMs/PGs/etc before WoD, I have to agree.

    Stupid Blizzard. I wish I was one of those people who rage about how shit the game is on the forums 24/7, that way I could just quit and get on with my life!

    And by life I mean other video games.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Very well said. This is the only place I've visited where people act on behalf of a "Fan site" and hate on the game the fan site covers lol. Quite strange.
    Well. It's nowhere near as bad as the official D3 forum when that game launched.

    Most toxic community I've ever seen. Like, Youtube comments level bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    No way, not to this degree. People literally complain about things that aren't even relevant. The amount of misinformation that comes from people here is particularly baffling considering this website is the go-to place for the information they are confused about!
    I attribute it to this:


    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLawOfFanJackassery
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Blizzard should be the model for any game design or development company. They make their games so damn good and addicting....so polished, so awesome, so epic. They make them easy enough that almost anyone can pick them up, but they also have enough depth that they are hard to master. They have perfected their model.
    I was just watching Day[9] play Diablo 3 with a couple Starcraft 2 players when it was first released and they were nonstop creaming their pants over every little detail, and rightly so. That game was amazing when I first started playing. But we all know how much hate it got later on. Granted, a lot of it was due to Real Money AH but still...

    I thought I'd be playing RoS til WoD, it was that much fun. But again, I got tired of the inconsistent drops, etc. So I'm just taking a breather while I wait for 2.1. I'm not going to demand a refund and bash Blizzard for something I love but have a couple issues with.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  12. #12
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,215
    When I saw this thread. I thought it was about the fact the OP was qqing that Blizzard is so awesome and other devs suck ass and they're blaming Blizzard. This thread made me smile. It won't last long though. Someone is going to be a debbie downer.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  13. #13
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post


    This is amazing, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

    And by life I mean other video games.
    Omg I know what you mean. Getting excited about all these new games coming soon, etc...buying lots of new ones...and then going and playing WoW until all those games are like half off already.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  14. #14
    The only real fault I can lay at Blizzard's feet is the blatant money grubbing that's been going on since the days of paid character transfers. Oh and the blatant lies as well but that ties kind of into my next point.

    The other things like "cut content" I blame myself for more because I'm just shooting myself in the foot as to my enjoyment in the game by getting wrapped up in all these iterations instead of the final product.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  15. #15
    They are excellent games compared to most others on the market. That is not to say they are without flaws. Change is good, but some decisions are objectively baffling whether it is balance, endgame direction, aesthetics, new features or anything else you can think of. Also add to the fact that Blizzard is found contradictory often.

    example: Cata 5 man content was too hard for the average player. Blizzard tells people to get better, use CC, it's fine etc. Outrage continues, then they eventually cave in and nerf them to oblivion. They later apologize.

    Now, I agreed with Blizzard there. People should rise to the challenge. The problem there lies in that their core philosophy since WoW's inception was to make an accessible, more casual game. (with some challenges, but mostly an easygoing experience)

    Things do change after release and during Beta, as well as whatever was announced previously. (often at Blizzcon) Still, it is odd to announce certain areas as capital cities to generate hype, then post a twitter feed mentioning that they never planned to make them capitals which outraged quite a few.

    I must say Blizzard does many things well, but communicating with their fans has always been inconsistent and generally poor. They certainly don't need to and they have improved, but it is more like they halfass it then wonder why people get upset when something they looked forward to was altered or removed.

    Ultimately, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things what they do. People will always find things to dislike, and contrary to popular belief it is not always the same people. There could be a choice for 2 or more options, and in every scenario someone would be excited or dismayed at the outcome.

    I believe they do listen to the fans, but often times it is too late. Other times they cave in when they shouldn't or be obstinate when they should fix issues. In the end, they will do what they want as is their right.

    People whine about such things because they care. At any rate, some of the "sheep mindset" babble is true, but even the opinions I disagree with often have some merit. It's not a crime to care, but people are going to be dramatic at times if they don't get their way. This is just how people are. Without all the feedback Blizzard gets (and if they didn't listen at all), then their games would likely not be as good as they have become.

    TLDR; Blizzard's public relations is poor however they make great games, even with their flaws. People care so they will bitch and moan about any change ever.

    @ OP, you are correct that most people are full of crap about quitting over changes, but some do. (though most of those just silently give up on the game instead of ranting over design changes)

    Personally I like the theme of WoD, but despise the means to how the plot transitions from MoP to WoD. I will still play the game, but I doubt I'll ever threaten to "quit" unless the game becomes pay to win. (buying raid/pvp gear for cash) I can still enjoy a game even if I dislike many of the questionable decisions that have been made to it.

    This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,215
    Kinda saw it coming. Money grubbing. EA does this more then Blizzard *supposedly does*.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Kinda saw it coming. Money grubbing. EA does this more then Blizzard *supposedly does*.
    The only thing that Blizz does that could be considered "money grubbing" in my opinion is the fact that the prices of mounts and services are pretty high. But they do offer these services and they're all options, not necessities. Their customer support is the best I've ever seen and they've kept the sub at 15/month for 10 years, at least in the US, as oppose to increasing with inflation.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  18. #18
    the FIRST thing i remember about wow + forums is people hating on it hardcore as fuck and this was before launch. people have ALWAYS hated on wow, originally it was because it was a pussy version of EQ. wow ALMOST gained acceptance in wotlk but they fucked that up with the mindlessness which fed into early cata and since then, 5k people PER DAY have been lost.

    blizz has always been hated on though

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, if it wasn't for these forums, I wouldn't think Blizzard would be getting this much hate.

    I have to agree, I think they do a really good job honestly.
    Similar can be said of Activision, EA, and BioWare. In topic of MMO-Champion forums the dislike and hatred against Blizzards games are also seen else where. A forum that caters to a Blizzard game is just going to have a higher concentration of players speaking both about it including both positive and negative things. Those with negative commentary are more likely to be vocal than content players as well with others just leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    The only thing that Blizz does that could be considered "money grubbing" in my opinion is the fact that the prices of mounts and services are pretty high. But they do offer these services and they're all options, not necessities. Their customer support is the best I've ever seen and they've kept the sub at 15/month for 10 years, at least in the US, as oppose to increasing with inflation.
    Other games offer optional cosmetic rewards. They still consume art resources which is considered the most valuable and time consuming by the developers in terms of putting out new in game content. Other games have also not raised their price in over 10 years.

    I see moderation as part of customer service and Blizzard has lack luster moderation that can even be considered negligent in some cases. Sure it is great if I deal with something so serious like getting locked out of my account that I need to phone in a complaint and I would get apparently the best service in the industry, but outside of that it is crap. Guess I should be like others who use phone service over ingame options, it is free after all.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-24 at 05:23 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    The only thing that Blizz does that could be considered "money grubbing" in my opinion is the fact that the prices of mounts and services are pretty high. But they do offer these services and they're all options, not necessities. Their customer support is the best I've ever seen and they've kept the sub at 15/month for 10 years, at least in the US, as oppose to increasing with inflation.
    come on, they had a class action lawsuit filed against them over the $26,000,000 they had made on the authenticators back in 2012. they settled out of court after the judge basically said "you guys both failed"

    http://www.mainjustice.com/2013/07/3...-to-mediation/

    they turned their fuckup into profit, then fucked up again afterward in a VERY similar manner. the 2nd fuckup was AFTER they hired an internal fraud team so it was probably monumentally stupid and yet they kept on profiting away

    they've been doing nothing but grabbing for years now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •