Blizzcon Speculation

Since Blizzard has stated this expansion will have less patches and they are already working on the next expansion. Do you think they will announce the next expansion at this years Blizzcon. Before this expansion is even released? If not when would they announce it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Since Blizzard has stated this expansion will have less patches and they are already working on the next expansion. Do you think they will announce the next expansion at this years Blizzcon. Before this expansion is even released? If not when would they announce it?
    To take away the hype from the next expansion? Unlikely. They will just talk about future patches.

If they're planning on yearly releases or even 18 month releases, I imagine they'll say something at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion in regards to WoW will probably just be about the direction of the expansion, how they adapted from MoP to create a better experience, and how far along they are in future content production, with nothing specific.

Wow wow wow, Calm down a bit. The Expansion isn't even out and you are already asking yourself if they will announce another?

This would not be in their best interest and i doubt that is going to be the case...
    If however i am wrong. i WILL post pictures of me eating a hat, seasoned with salt, Pepper, and Pesto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    To take away the hype from the next expansion? Unlikely. They will just talk about future patches.
    They almost have to. If they're doing a 12-18 month cycle with WoD, the next Blizzcon would be within 6 months (Alpha/Beta Time) of 7.0.

They will announce 7.0 at Blizzcon. I'm almost certain it will be a Legion Expansion, and with the amount they've teased "the Mysterious Ogre Continent" on Draenor, I'm sure that's the setting.

I see it as:

After Grommash killed Mannoroth, the Legion invades to "fix" what went wrong. The 2nd raid tier of WoD (they said they're only planning 2!) will be a "Race" of sorts, between us (Alliance/Horde) and the Legion to get to Grom. The Legion want to force him to drink the blood, and enslave the Orcs. We want to end the Iron Horde. Possibly, Gul'dan will "help" the Legion, as he stated he knew the Iron Horde was "not their destiny."

We win, the Legion retreats, to the Ogre Continent. They then promise the Ogres the power the Orcs should have had, and seeing how it could fuel a Second Ogre Empire, they accept, drink, and invade "our" Continent.

Just speculation, but after everything that's been teased, I feel it's very possible.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Crainial View Post
    Wow wow wow, Calm down a bit. The Expansion isn't even out and you are already asking yourself if they will announce another?
    I'm excited for WoD but I started to realize if they want to release one faster. They almost have to announce it at this years Blizzcon. Next years would be to late even if they did a 18 month gap. Which with only 2 patches seems rather long.

Nah; for WoW, we'll be getting 6.1 and 6.2 previews (Chilton confirmed that 6.1 is finished and 6.2 is in the works), so we will get an expac reveal next year.

With the new expansion every 12-15months I expect to hear something of next expansion, but sc2 legacy of the void, hearthstone, and heroes will be the focus with d3's next major patch and the movie as "supporting".