Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The world is just crazy....

Here is why

<snip>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-08-22 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could a bunch of useless people with no research skills meant to find a cure for ALS?
    The people that do the challenge thing are meant to be donating money to hopefully actually cure it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone missed the point of the bucket challenge.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    How could a bunch of useless people with no research skills meant to find a cure for ALS?
    The people that do the challenge thing are meant to be donating money to hopefully actually cure it.
    Originally the challenge was for not donating, or at least donating less. Like, donate or do the challenge. I don't know who donates, and I think raising awareness is always good, but most of the videos I see are people getting wet and barely anyone actually talking about the disease. I think more people should make videos like Gaijin Goombah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Someone missed the point of the bucket challenge.....
    The way I see it people are donating money because it makes them more popular rather then to help other people out. Which is a fucking hypocritical thing to do regardless of the money.

Deleted
    Since the ice bucket challenge began, over 15 million dollars has been raised for ALS research.
    somethingabout10char

Celebrities do seem to be fucking it up, granted. (not what OP was talking about though)

You see a lot of them using it as a chance to name-drop, show off and they forget to include any call to action/links to donate. I think Steve-O hit the nail on the head really.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227032219637
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-08-22 at 03:49 AM.

We benefit one thing and enrage the people in places where they do not have clean drinking water by dumping gallons on the ground.

Deleted
    This video alone made the whole fucking thing worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just use a 6 year old meme of "why so serious?" to bitch about others not taking ALS serious enough? It's not crazy, some people simply lack enough self awareness to bitch that people are not doing enough. In two threads even... damn... Here is a meme for ya...

http://youtu.be/GiUwkws3NPk?t=1m25s
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ice bucket challenge is offensive to people who don't have access to clean water.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I didn't even know that the ice bucket challenge was meant to be something to encourage people to donate to charity. It just seemed like something a bunch of celebrities were doing for the sake of entertainment and to slyly try and remain relevant. I saw a few videos and not a single one mentioned anything about donating to a good cause.

It raises money. It makes people aware of ALS.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see a celebrity or public figure dump water on their heads and not donate, so the campaign is working as intended. Hell even George Dubya did it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    We benefit one thing and enrage the people in places where they do not have clean drinking water by dumping gallons on the ground.
    I live on a river that feeds the largest lake fully inside a city in the world. I must make a LOT of people mad!

What a ridiculous statement!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    No it doesn't if you watch 100 videos you only maybe see 10 people talking about als ...

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    No it doesn't if you watch 100 videos you only maybe see 10 people talking about als ...
    We're here on a gaming forum discussing ALS, and they've raised a shitton of money because of this challenge. What were you saying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    ALS? And here i thought it was the same as the drink nominee game.

OT: Those celebs should all pitch in and donate 200 mil or so and be done with it.
    Thats like me donating 10 bucks.

Deleted
    I had assumed that it was just one of those 'lel let's act like morons because internet' things at first to be honest with you.

But it's all for a good cause so I can't really fault them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to me its more of a piramide scam.

In August 2014, a challenge went viral online which was commonly known as the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge". A contestant will fill a bucket full of ice and water; they will then state who summoned them to do the challenge and will summon three other individuals of their choice to take part in it. The contestant then dumps the bucket of ice and water onto themselves. The contestant should then donate US $10 (or a similar amount in their local currency) to ALS research at the ALS Association, or Motor Neurone Disease Association in the UK. Any contestant who refuses to have the ice and water dumped on then is expected to donate US $100 to ALS research.

Many celebrities have taken part in the challenge, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Chris Pratt,[90] Anna Wintour, David Beckham, Justin Bieber, Reba McEntire, Cheryl Cole, George W. Bush, Lady Gaga, Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah and Bill Gates, among many other well-known personalities and members of the general public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotro...eral_sclerosis

Cure for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
    Exterminate everyone who is genetic defective or put that money into a genetic cure research (fixes human genes in laborotory before inserting into a woman or machine). Wich will probaly be more useful to cure every genetic disease than just one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The way I see it people are donating money because it makes them more popular rather then to help other people out. Which is a fucking hypocritical thing to do regardless of the money.
    You are right! All the people who donated money should have that money returned to them. Since it was donated with less than altruistic purposes that money is unclean and in no way could be used to further the cause.

Damn selfish people and their worthless, tainted money.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!