Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    This fucking thread. Raising awareness makes you a bad person and donating millions to charity makes you such a bad person you literally deserve to die.

What the fuck have you done to help the ALS foundation lately? Oh, you bitched on a forum, all hail the king of moral high-ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This fucking thread. Raising awareness makes you a bad person and donating millions to charity makes you such a bad person you literally deserve to die.

What the fuck have you done to help the ALS foundation lately? Oh, you bitched on a forum, all hail the king of moral high-ground.
    He raised awareness with this thread. Stop hating .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    Are you trolling, or are you actually this oblivious?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

How dare people bring more awareness to a horrible disease and donate money towards fixing it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Depends on who is giving it and how much of a personal sacrifice it is. It's a matter of perspective, but I made my stance on it clear.
    I have to ask this because it seems like you honestly don't know. Charities are NOT set up to provide outlets for people to sacrifice in order to appear good and humble. Charities, typically, are designed to receive money in order to finance a particular cause. The sacrifice of the person giving to them is moot.

You realize this right?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Depends on who is giving it and how much of a personal sacrifice it is. It's a matter of perspective, but I made my stance on it clear.
    Your stance is objectively incorrect since $1,000 is bigger than $100.
    While you may believe they are somehow being less generous because they have more the fact of the matter is that they are doing more for the charity in both the publicity and financial departments than most people are.

Could they give more? Yes.
    Should we complain that they aren't giving more? No. The help they are giving is more than everybody else already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    He raised awareness with this thread. Stop hating .
    If awareness would be spread we would see the same amount of donation 1 year from now, people donating because it's cool isn't spreading donation. The end result is positive regardless, but I'd hardly call it spreading awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    While you may believe they are somehow being less generous because they have more the fact of the matter is that they are doing more for the charity in both the publicity and financial departments than most people are.

Should we complain that they aren't giving more? No. The help they are giving is more than everybody else already.
    Not to mention they are under no legal, social, or moral obligation to donate any at all.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post

Have you actually read my posts? Clearly you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't state the f*cking obvious.

Raising awareness and getting attention is not pointless. Simply because this has all gone so viral, ALS research has raised ENTIRE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more money in the past months than they have in the past few years. Years!

I get being annoyed with repeated memes like doge, or silly shit like planking or harlem shake, since all of that is basically done for no real reason except to entertain people. But this? This is raising viral awareness for ALS, something that's normally not even remotely on the public's radar, generally ignored by everybody as far as diseases go that need more research. And basically every single celebrity that's done it has also donated a truckton of money.

If you still have a problem with this, get over yourself and go elsewhere and return to bitching about doge or some shit. Maybe whine about how many people are obsessed with that Frozen song. But this? This is a good thing, end of story, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I have to ask this because it seems like you honestly don't know. Charities are NOT set up to provide outlets for people to sacrifice in order to appear good and humble. Charities, typically, are designed to receive money in order to finance a particular cause. The sacrifice of the person giving to them is moot.

You realize this right?
    Same to you, scroll up and actually read what a person says. You can't just jump in half a discussion and pick 1 post and take my words for something they aren't standing for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are considerably better ways to start this discussion without using memes, which aren't allowed here