10+ Year Old Account

I think Death Knights should get something lore-related in WoD

This is a pretty significant timeline for Death Knights. They are the only class that doesn't exist yet. Ner'Zhul, Gul'Dan, and Teron'gor are the foundation of the class, and they use forms of magic that really don't exist yet. It could be pretty interesting.

Yep, it would be pretty interesting.

However, blizzard doesnot care about dks, so we wont be seeing anything like that.

Deleted
    I don't really see a connection between the old death knights (human knights with imbued necrolyte / warlock souls @ Wc2 Lore) and the new ones. Theme is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't really see a connection between the old death knights (human knights with imbued necrolyte / warlock souls @ Wc2 Lore) and the new ones. Theme is completely different.
    Exactly, the Draenor Death Knights were Gul'dans dead warlocks spirits put into Human bodies. Not the heroes raised by the Lich King.
    I hope they retcon the Death Knight name from the WC2 DKs in this expansion to avoid confusion.

I think Darion Mograine in your Garrison offering you a quest about Ner'zhul in hopes of understanding the Frozen Throne and helping Bolvar would be awesome.
    Oh wait, that's already a thing http://wod.wowhead.com/quest=37163
    But yeah, I agree, Knights of the Ebon Blade need more lore and this Darion quest is a step in the right direction.

Deleted
    Yeah but that quest is already stupid... Some Death knight approaches Ner'zhul - "hey yo know in my universe you get tricked by the burning legion but turned them down in the last second, yet drank demon blood and took control over da horde after they failed to conquer azeroth and then you made plans to open many more portals to other worlds to conquer them while being obliterated by the alliance here in draenor. In the end you succeeded in opening portals, shattered this world and escaped into one of your portals only to end up in a trap set bei the demon lord you rejected. He then shattered your body and fused your soul with some cool demon forged armor and trapped you into an big block of ice, throwing you on the frozen throne @northrend in azeroth to prepare the coming of the legion and so on. You still had a potion of own will and became the most awesome sneaky villian ever - not that many noticed since the story tellers are bad and prefered your puppet more than you but well that's for later.
    SO the question is... what can you tell me about the frozen throne? What would you do in this situation?"

Deleted
    Knights of the Ebon Blade sure are an odd thing, just there to defeat the Lich King, and after that is over, they'd mind their own bussiness, throwing (g)rave parties in Acherus.

Death Knights were present after the Lich King was replaced, just as independent mercenaries or high-ranking officers of the faction they were sent to, mostly minding their own bussiness living their... un...life?

I think Darion Mograine in your Garrison offering you a quest about Ner'zhul in hopes of understanding the Frozen Throne and helping Bolvar would be awesome.
    Oh wait, that's already a thing http://wod.wowhead.com/quest=37163
    But yeah, I agree, Knights of the Ebon Blade need more lore and this Darion quest is a step in the right direction.
    Oh my, Knights are still a thing! Ouff I liked my holiday tormenting the lesser non-undead folk, ah well, back to upholding a noble cause again uh? *lets out bored sigh, opens closet, creates a death gate in it* Better not Moggy waiting.
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2014-08-22 at 06:55 PM.

You'd have to involve mages and/or warlocks, otherwise Blizzard won't be interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like Blizzard looks at our class like the red headed step child

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    Feels like Blizzard looks at our class like the red headed step child
    I'd say that's understating it, more like a retarded cousin.

Death Knights have felt a little out of place lore wise since Wotlk ended. Would be nice to see some new stuff.