Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    why would the next expansion be about Aszhara and co if the final raid of Wod is 'heavily legion influenced' ?
    If they write a story where Azshara is in league with the legion and wants to bring Sargeras back into the world. There's somewhat of a connection between our fish queen and the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    why would the next expansion be about Aszhara and co if the final raid of Wod is 'heavily legion influenced' ?

Why would WoD be about orcs and demons if the final raid of MoP is heavily Old God-influenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Why would WoD be about orcs and demons if the final raid of MoP is heavily Old God-influenced?
    Because it wasn't. It was heavily Orc-influenced, and really the only thing influenced by the Old Gods were Garrosh and his close servants and even then it didn't really effect his motives at all other than giving him supernatural abilities and strengths. They pretty much only used the Old God relation to make Garrosh an actual candidate for an end-boss.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Because it wasn't. It was heavily Orc-influenced, and really the only thing influenced by the Old Gods were Garrosh and his close servants and even then it didn't really effect his motives at all other than giving him supernatural abilities and strengths. They pretty much only used the Old God relation to make Garrosh an actual candidate for an end-boss.

.. Uh, Sha of Pride, the whole Vale of Eternal Blossoms, his special weapon being an Old God heart, Malkorok being hulked by Old God powers. Whether or not you like it, the Old God theme is heavily intertwined with SoO. Even more since the Titan theme is, which is basically one quarter of the focus of the raid, which in turn strengthens the Old God portions, because the two are linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You are implying that it has some impact on the storyline, and the future of the next expansion.
    It doesn't. It's literally throwaway content which they made during downtime.

Yes it's an "expansion feature", but there were already old god references in that instance. These aren't anything new.
    They're just new voice lines, not new lore developments.
    Again, I should have chosen my words more carefully though they are featured within the expansion in a way, even though it doesn't directly coincide with the main storyline. It's more of a hint of the future and what is coming which is also implied in my little speculation paragraph.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Oh, also, Blizzard likes to be inconsistent with their enemies. Cataclysm implied we'd get an Old God expansion after. MoP implied we'd get a Burning Legion expansion after. WoD is sort of Burning Legion, but it's not quite -The Burning Legion expansion-. The Burning Legion are just a influence in the alternate universe since they are around.

.. Uh, Sha of Pride, the whole Vale of Eternal Blossoms, his special weapon being an Old God heart, Malkorok being hulked by Old God powers. Whether or not you like it, the Old God theme is heavily intertwined with SoO. Even more since the Titan theme is, which is basically one quarter of the focus of the raid, which in turn strengthens the Old God portions, because the two are linked.
    But really it was the Orcs who used their power just to accomplish their own goals. It was more Orc-related than anything. Garrosh was in full control of his own mind, so really we weren't fighting an Old God, we were fighting an Orc. If an Orc drank demon blood, than he is a slave to the Burning Legion and thus does not have full control over his/her own state of mind.

I see what you are trying to say though and yes you're right, we can't really speculate on what's coming next because every expansion since Wrath has been completely unexpected.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2014-08-22 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    But really it was the Orcs who used their power just to accomplish their own purposes. It was more Orc-related than anything. Garrosh was in full control of his own mind, so really we weren't fighting an Old God, we were fighting an Orc. If an Orc drank demon blood, than he is a slave to the Burning Legion and thus does not have full control over his/her own state of mind.

I see what you are trying to say though and yes you're right, we can't really speculate on what's coming next because every expansion since Wrath has been completely unexpected.

On one side, it's interesting, but another, it's annoying. I've been like "WHERE'S MY N'ZOTH/AZSHARA EXPANSION!" since Cataclysm, and every time, I think "This will be the expansion!". I still think we'll get an Old God one before we get a real Burning Legion expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one side, it's interesting, but another, it's annoying. I've been like "WHERE'S MY N'ZOTH/AZSHARA EXPANSION!" since Cataclysm, and every time, I think "This will be the expansion!". I still think we'll get an Old God one before we get a real Burning Legion expansion.
    I'd be happy if they put off THE Burning Legion expansion indefinitely. I can't be the only one who thinks the Legion is kind of a boring and uninspired group of villains...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If they write a story where Azshara is in league with the legion and wants to bring Sargeras back into the world. There's somewhat of a connection between our fish queen and the legion.
    Exactly Nind, before Sargeras & the Legion abandoned the Highbourne. Sargeras was Azshara's sugar daddy & than N'Zoth transformed her into the Naga empress & knocked her up.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I'd be happy if they put off THE Burning Legion expansion indefinitely. I can't be the only one who thinks the Legion is kind of a boring and uninspired group of villains...
    The Legion expansion is the carrot on the stick without that than you lost the hype for other expansions. We will see the end of N'Zoth & Azshara before the Legion actually show up.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    N'Zoth transformed her into the Naga empress & knocked her up.
    Eeewwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post

I sort of agree. I mean.. the Old Gods are pretty typical, I guess, focusing only on sowing chaos, but Sargeras and the rest of the Legion are basically just "rawrarwra destroy everything because i am evil" 2D saturday morning cartoon villains to me. I want the Azshara/N'Zoth expansion a lot more, but I do want the Burning Legion expansion eventually because of the visual/artistic thematic, and because of Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You're not. The Boring Legion is one of the most droll, uninteresting, stereotypical comicbook villains in WoW. And they got their asses handed to them horribly in the Third War.

"I WILL GET YOU NEXT TIME, AZEROTH! <shakes fist angrily>"

Pretty much that.

Finally some more info on N'zoth. "Old God fatigue" has worn out for me and it isn't even applicable with the overload of orc-focused content. Plus it gets boring fighting other mortals over two expansions.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2014-08-22 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Given the events of War of the Ancients, I'm not sure Azshara would be on particularly good terms with the Legion who left her and her people to die and are only still alive thanks to N'zoth.

Azshara and N'zoth are strong plot points though to explore and deserve their own expansion with as much build up has happened, especially for N'zoth. They would fit perfectly in a shorter and two tier expansion, given that's what Blizzard is looking at for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Well it is the "Age of Mortals" now. What better way to herald than with pointless wars over land, resources and revenge?
    That was a dumb one-off line by Alexstraza in the worst WoW cinematic ending ever. Even if it is the case that doesn't make it not-dumb.

I'd only say the "Age of Mortals" begins when the Old Gods, Titans, Azshara, and the Burning Legion are out of the equation.