Few questions about Draenor and lore concerning it.

Well, the main reason we are there is because of Garrosh and the Iron Horde. He is trying to help connect their timeline to ours. Once we defeat the Iron Horde and disable the gate, would there be any real reason to remain there? I mean, its safe to assume that the burning legion eventually pops up there to destroy Draenor, but that has nothing to do with us or our timeline. So why would we want to remain there?

Now I get to Nozdormu. Where is he? Here we have Garrosh royally screwing with the timelines and alternate universe, yet we see no sign of the bronze dragon flight. I know in Our timeline he has lost all of his powers, but there is some form of him that still retains his powers and guardianship over the timelines. As is evident by us being able to destroy his corrupted self in cata in the dungeon. So where are they in all of this? Why are we the ones to clean it up instead of the Bronze Dragonflight. Why are they not destroying the connecting portal?

Last, what about our homeland? Don't forget, there is a still very real threat of Queen Azshara and the naga who did manage to capture a elemental lord. There is also the possibility of an unknown force with Wrathions Message. Do we just leave our home land all alone? Especially the horde who just suffered heavy losses due to Garrosh and having to deal with him. Do we have no one protecting our own home?

Just a few lore questions I feel should gain some discussion since at least the Bronze Dragon flight should be a thing and its absence is strange to me.

I'm assuming that upon completion of the iron horde arc a new plot hook will have been introduced and come to a head in such a way that leaving would be catastrophic. Hopefully it isn't as contrived as the Alliance's "looking for idiot prince" plot hook this time around.

Supposedly the dragons don't have power and it is the start of a new age where the mortal races need to step up and protect themselves. The time line is our problem now.

The last bit... I guess all that stuff is paused for the moment.

Here's the thing. Blue posts have pretty much said that players shouldn't give a crap about the how/why but rather then when/where/who/what for WoD. So literally everything relevant to this time-travel mumbo jumbo (Medivh, The Bronze Dragonflight, Velen, Garry, etc.) does not matter in the slightest. By that, I mean Blizzard doesn't give a damn, will not elaborate on this matter, and will either remove or leave absent the relevant people. I, like you, do care, but there is no hope for a sensible explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'm assuming that upon completion of the iron horde arc a new plot hook will have been introduced and come to a head in such a way that leaving would be catastrophic. Hopefully it isn't as contrived as the Alliance's "looking for idiot prince" plot hook this time around.

Supposedly the dragons don't have power and it is the start of a new age where the mortal races need to step up and protect themselves. The time line is our problem now.

The last bit... I guess all that stuff is paused for the moment.
    Why would their catastrophe be of any concern to us when we still have very real threats on our home front?

Now, I know the dragons in Our timeline have no power, but that does not mean that the dragons in other timelines do not. Again, do not forget what we learned in the cata dungeon where we kill Nozdormu in his corrupted state. There are numerous timelines and in them, alternate dragon aspects, including the bronze dragon flight. Why do we not encounter the bronze dragon flight from an alternate timeline before they are corrupted and before they have lost their powers? They do exist and are out there. The only thing that has fallen to us mortals is to protect our own world. So this baffles me since we have seen clear instances of multiple persons and dragons being present in alternate time lines.

The last part also confuses me. Why would the horde send us there? Why not let the alliance handle him. Why send our greatest heroes there while we are in a weakened state? It makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    Here's the thing. Blue posts have pretty much said that players shouldn't give a crap about the how/why but rather then when/where/who/what for WoD. So literally everything relevant to this time-travel mumbo jumbo (Medivh, The Bronze Dragonflight, Velen, Garry, etc.) does not matter in the slightest. By that, I mean Blizzard doesn't give a damn, will not elaborate on this matter, and will either remove or leave absent the relevant people. I, like you, do care, but there is no hope for a sensible explanation.
    That is the dumbest thing they could do. I mean, come on! This game is Built around its lore! The lore is the game! How could they just toss out everything and go "lawl nope". I mean, the Biggest, and I mean Biggest plot hole we have right now is that the bronze dragon flight, from Any of the alternate timelines, has not sense the disruption in the time lines in the least and come to investigate? I mean they are its guardians! They are there, even if our timelines bronze flight are powerless now. They should be showing up. This is massive tampering in the timeline.

If they do not bring them up, then they surely are the 6th expansion. If they cannot sense this, then this is probably what causes the corruption. Nozdormu said he went corrupt by the influence of the old gods. What better way to get to him then to taunt him that such a massive disruption is happening, yet he is powerless to stop it or fix it. What better way to turn him into their pawn then to promise him the power needed to fulfill his duty to fix and mend the timelines we are tampering with.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    we could destroy our dark portal aswell :P

Deleted
    Guessing no one wonders how a derp like Garbosh managed to alter the Dark Portal and use it as a time machine, all by himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    According to lore, it has been tried before, but the Dark Portal just can't be destroyed by mortal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    Guessing no one wonders how a derp like Garbosh managed to alter the Dark Portal and use it as a time machine, all by himself.

- - - Updated - - -

According to lore, it has been tried before, but the Dark Portal just can't be destroyed by mortal weapons.
    I am assuming that will be answered. I also assumed he just created a new portal in the place where our dark portal is and altered it to connect the timelines rather then connect across space. Either way, the guy who got him there probably helped him out in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    Who cares if our dark portal is destroyed as well. Is there some reason to want it to remain open? If we have tried to destroy it as Vornos1 says, then obviously we would not mind if it was destroyed right along with the portal Garrosh opened up.

Of course, both would still be there in game. But lore wise, they would be destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That is the dumbest thing they could do. I mean, come on! This game is Built around its lore! The lore is the game! How could they just toss out everything and go "lawl nope". I mean, the Biggest, and I mean Biggest plot hole we have right now is that the bronze dragon flight, from Any of the alternate timelines, has not sense the disruption in the time lines in the least and come to investigate? I mean they are its guardians! They are there, even if our timelines bronze flight are powerless now. They should be showing up. This is massive tampering in the timeline.
    Not a plothole, just the continuation of the previous lore. Nozdormu no longer cares about the timeways, reason why some Bronzes created the Timewalkers.

We know that Noz will become the leader of the Infinite and now we learned that Kairoz also planned to become an Infinite. If the leadership of the Timewalkers is doing all the crap, then we have to assume that he isn't the only one.

Anyway, Chromie is in Draenor investigating about Kairoz, so there is some involvement there.

Also, the Dark Portal can be destroyed, but the rift is permanent. That's the main plot of the Beyond the Dark Portal.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2014-08-22 at 12:47 PM.

dont forget there is still azeroth in that world & we know there is medive under sargares control there
    so if we let them & leave there is chance that medive will contact gul'dan & rebuild the dark portal
    maybe next they join forces & attack our time

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Not a plothole, just the continuation of the previous lore. Nozdormu no longer cares about the timeways, reason why some Bronzes created the Timewalkers.

Anyway, Chromie is in Draenor investigating about Kairoz, so there is some involvement there.
    Ok ok, so Every instance of Nozdormu no longer cares about the time ways? I understand Our Nozdormu may not, but there are other instances of him. Again, that is how we kill his corrupted self while his uncorrupted self is by our side to aid us. I find it hard to believe that the bronze dragonflight, in every timeline, is ignoring and not taking actions in this one.

Why is Chromie investigating him? Just to find a reason why he might become corrupt? Is he missing in our timeline? Whats the deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jupei View Post
    dont forget there is still azeroth in that world & we know there is medive under sargares control there
    so if we let them & leave there is chance that medive will contact gul'dan & rebuild the dark portal
    maybe next they join forces & attack our time
    Why? He is on a different world. Why would he attack us? If that is so, let us fight on our home world, or in an alternate azeroth. Beyond that, no reason to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

If they do not bring them up, then they surely are the 6th expansion. If they cannot sense this, then this is probably what causes the corruption. Nozdormu said he went corrupt by the influence of the old gods. What better way to get to him then to taunt him that such a massive disruption is happening, yet he is powerless to stop it or fix it. What better way to turn him into their pawn then to promise him the power needed to fulfill his duty to fix and mend the timelines we are tampering with.
    Other players have brought up this complaint to, however Blue posts tend to say "gameplay > lore." So anything in-game that explains, lorewise, why this is happening (as well as other past pivotal lore events) is unlikely. Personally, I believe that for RPGs gameplay = lore, but that is just me.

The crazy thing is that what Garry is doing is exactly what the infinite dragonflight were trying to do all along. Really, it is like as if we failed Black Morass because the orcs won't go to Azeroth, but rather they will die at our hands in Draenor. However, it seems that Garry's actions merely caused a parallel universe whereas previous lore says that the infinite dragonflight would affect our timeline. Also, if Murozond was just chilling in an alternate timeline "End Time" then was the infinite dragonflight really a threat since they would just create parallel universes and not affect our own? Regardless, Blizz will probably not involve the Bronze Dragonflight in this expansion because they have not mentioned them whenever people ask about this timey-wimey gobbeldy goo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.