Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Grant, Tori and Kari fired from Mythbusters

Here's the article in question

I'm gonna be honest....I'm extremely confused at why they'd do this. This show is known for its cult following...so why in the hell would you do something as stupid as dump 60% of the cast?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    i watched the episode last night, and was pretty shocked by the ending. and after looking thru the posts today trying to find reason, all i can think is the executives are kinda loopy on this one. i agree makes no sense to fire them like that. they will be missed on the show.

however i lost respect for DC's execs many years ago, so im also not surprised they would ruin a show that brought them tons of viewers and revenue over the last decade.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-22 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I bet they get their own spinoff, I only watched the show for them anyway... they were far more entertaining than Savage and... Hyneman.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i watched the episode last night, and was pretty shocked by the ending. and after looking thru the posts today trying to find reason, all i can think is executives are kinda loopy on this one. i agree makes no sense to fire them like that. they will be missed on the show.
    Yeah, i agree.

I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of this show (literally own every episode) and I for the life of me can't figure this one out. Hell, I preferred their segments of the show the vast majority of the time. I guess the quasi-obsession they had with the Emmy's this year makes more sense in retrospect. It was their last shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I bet they get their own spinoff, I only watched the show for them anyway... they were far more entertaining than Savage and... Hyneman.
    That's literally the only logical reason I can think of.

Well, it COULD be a money issue...but man, I can't help but feel Discovery is trying to submarine the show.
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    For me it was the other way around. Won't be missing them really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    For me it was the other way around. Won't be missing them really.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Savage and Hyneman...but Adam gets a little annoying to watch sometimes. I can't help but feel the continued success of this show has caused him to develop a little bit of an ego.

I don't know, I could just be imagining things. This really does take the wind out of my sails for watching the show though. I always thought those 3 had better chemistry.
    Or should I?

Aww that's super sad and surprising. Adding them into the show really opened it up and made it better. They were pretty much all around awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that comes to my mind if that they did something illegall.
    Or diskovery is just going cheap....who knows.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww that's super sad and surprising. Adding them into the show really opened it up and made it better. They were pretty much all around awesome
    I agree.

I've got to confess, my attachment to the show has less to do with liking it (although I do LOVE the show), and more to do with it was kind of a Safe-Harbor for me when I was going through some really bad times in my early to mid twenties. Good humor, interesting ideas, and logical follow-through for the sake of discovery...it provided a nice counter-balance to the things in my life that, at the time, were ANYTHING but those things.

It's got me in kind of a funk to be honest.
    Or should I?

Honestly? The 3 of them were so pointless. All 3 of them went around together and did less than what Adam or Jamie would do by themselves. They were like inseparable twins.

The two guys just seemed like they weren't even there for any reason at all. The woman can always be thrown off as "just a piece of eye candy" but, for me personally, the second they came on the screen i either felt like forwarding through their parts or just got up and got a drink or something until they were finished.

The show was way better without them.

This isn't to say they're shitty people or whatever, all i'm saying is, imo, they don't fit the show and it doesn't need them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Honestly? The 3 of them were so pointless. All 3 of them went around together and did less than what Adam or Jamie would do by themselves. They were like inseparable twins.

The two guys just seemed like they weren't even there for any reason at all. The woman can always be thrown off as "just a piece of eye candy" but, for me personally, the second they came on the screen i either felt like forwarding through their parts or just got up and got a drink or something until they were finished.

This isn't to say they're shitty people or whatever, all i'm saying is, imo, they don't fit the show and it doesn't need them
    I don't think I could disagree with you more, but you're entitled to your opinion.
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... It seems Discovery are testing the Myth "Does firing 60% of your staff destroy the most popular show on your network."

I'm guessing it's Myth confirmed.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'll miss them since they were funny and it's always sad than solid show cast will change for no reason, but they are replaceable just like hot teacher chick with tatooes and the other red-hair girl whose names I don't even remember. Savage and Hyneman are the show. The rest are just sidekicks like Robin.

But something tells me they'll return, the uproar will be too big.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-08-22 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post

This actually describes my feelings and actions exactly! +1

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like Savage and Hyneman...but Adam gets a little annoying to watch sometimes. I can't help but feel the continued success of this show has caused him to develop a little bit of an ego.

I don't know, I could just be imagining things. This really does take the wind out of my sails for watching the show though. I always thought those 3 had better chemistry.
    Personally I always felt that they didn't belong in the series to begin with. I never understood why they were added in the first place. I always felt that those three took time away from solving actual myths and all they did were some minor uninteresting experiments anyways. It reminded me of Scooby Doo and the gang solving mysteries while Team Ginger Power was busting ghosts like Ghost Busters.

Honestly I have no clue why they were added. They didn't add any value to the show at all (in my opinion) and I'm glad that it returns to how it used to be.

I never really followed mythbusters steadily, watched it when it happened to be on every now and then, but I'm not sure about the shows success without those 3.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    10 years, it's obvious they wanted more pay. I mean, why wouldn't they? They most likely got paid a fraction of what Jamie and Adam are.

Who cares, though, they axed the best Mythbuster a long time ago:

I would've kept her with Kari and Tory. But no. Had to send her packing and bring in Grant. Oh joy. Well, whatever. Now they're all gone. We'll see if the show is soon gone, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    10 years, it's obvious they wanted more pay. I mean, why wouldn't they? They most likely got paid a fraction of what Jamie and Adam are.

Who cares, though, they axed the best Mythbuster a long time ago:

I would've kept her with Kari and Tory. But no. Had to send her packing and bring in Grant. Oh joy. Well, whatever. Now they're all gone. We'll see if the show is soon gone, as well.
    I never followed MB much aside from when it was on.

Wasn't that girl brought in when Kari was pregnant, and I assume only for the time she was on maternity leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post

Wasn't that girl brought in when Kari was pregnant, and I assume only for the time she was on maternity leave.
    Different girl (woman, actually.) You'd have to be a true Mythbuster to know who's in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post

No that's Scottie.. She was one of the originals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Or diskovery is just going cheap....who knows.
    Probely, the number of ep every season has steadily declined, and they got from three to two large myths each ep.