View Poll Results: Are you actually playing the game while on a flight path?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Yes

31 32.29%
  • No

65 67.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Honest question, Barkloud, what your intention with the "No Flying?" Crusade on the MMOC? All you will achieve here is annoying posters and actually push people into the opposite side of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This is literally the same thread as the others

Also, note who the author is.

Abandon ship.
    I think the question is relevant. I like playing WOW. How much funding is going be left as subscriber base plummets uncontrollably.

Quarter 2 2014 Blizzard loses 800,000 due to a year of no content

Quarter 3 2014 Blizzard will more than like lose at least another 800,000 due to no content for 14 months

Quarter 4 2014 game launches stay flat - Remember no gain happened with MOP launched only immediate losses.

Quarter 1 2015 Millions discover their travel speed is permanently reduced by over 66% - I am guessing at least 1,000,000 subs cancelled. Do not believe me. Try running for the next couple of weeks and see how you like it. It sucks...

Tom Chilton has already stated Blizzard does not believe their subs will ever be as high as 6.8 million again.

There have been multiple, I repeat multiple detailed guides on how to return your expansion.

Even if you remove flight the expansion is riddled with PR problems due to an over all gutting of the expansion to make sure it can be released in 2014.

Now their is talk of 2 raid tiers, no more dungeons and 0 scenarios. It is not looking good.

I want to keep players in the game. Gating them by gutting their transportation is not going to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nop, alt tab and check facebook/mmo champ or other site. Btw. is it me or flying seems to take longer while alt+tab ?

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Nop, alt tab and check facebook/mmo champ or other site. Btw. is it me or flying seems to take longer while alt+tab ?
    It does. I've always thought it was my computer for some reason. Thought I was the only one lololol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight paths are supposed to be boring, because you're supposed to mount run everywhere. That's the bloody fucking point you peasant.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I think the question is relevant. I like playing WOW. How much funding is going be left as subscriber base plummets uncontrollably.

Quarter 3 2014 Blizzard will more than like lose at least another 800,000 due to no content for 14 months

Quarter 4 2014 game launches stay flat - Remember no gain happened with MOP launched only immediate losses.

Quarter 1 2015 Millions discover their travel speed is permanently reduced by over 66% - I am guessing at least 1,000,000 subs cancelled. Do not believe me. Try running for the next couple of weeks and see how you like it. It sucks...

Tom Chilton has already stated Blizzard does not believe their subs will ever be as high as 6.8 million again.

There have been multiple, I repeat multiple detailed guides on how to return your expansion.

Even if you remove flight the expansion is riddled with PR problems due to an over all gutting of the expansion to make sure it can be released in 2014.

Now their is talk of 2 raid tiers, no more dungeons and 0 scenarios. It is not looking good.

I want to keep players in the game. Gating them by gutting their transportation is not going to help.

And flying/flight paths are relevant to this how? Also, there are more scenarios then ever before but they are done during questing and are single-player(like the ToT ones).

Deleted

If you are an investor, take it directly to Blizzard. If not, you are just an annoyance to the MMOC posters by repeating the same thread over and over again. There is one with 800+ pages, go there.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    And flying/flight paths are relevant to this how? Also, there are more scenarios then ever before but they are done during questing and are single-player(like the ToT ones).
    Because look at who made the post. This thread is bait.

The second you log into WoW, you're playing the game. Even if you're just standing there.

You're still technically playing the game.

Just ignore him per usual. It's what i do. It's pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Honest question, Barkloud, what your intention with the "No Flying?" Crusade on the MMOC? All you will achieve here is annoying posters and actually push people into the opposite side of yours.
    Of all the problems this game had, transportation was not one of them. I am upset we are going to be gated behind a 66% reduction in transportation.

Additionally, I play on a PVE server, we have no WPVP. I have a char already on a RP-PVP for my WPVP playtime. most RP-PVP servers have awesome WPVP currently. How is increased people in game going to help me? If anything it is going to hurt me. I hate seeing players in the world. It means I have to rush around and tag everything instead of just playing and having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkloud View Post

war.lords.of.draenor.is.one.giant.timeless.isle.if.there.was.flying.then.it.would.be.like. timeless.isle.if.timeless.isle.had.flying.that.is.the.point.of.no.flying.it.isn't.gating.i t.is.immersion.because.if.you.flew.from.rare.to.rare.it.would.get.fucking.boring.fast.just .like.5.3.barrens.is.there.another.way.i.can.bang.this.into.your.head
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    If you had any legitemate concern you'd be addressing Blizzard directly on their forums as opposed to spamming fan forums with duplicate threads.

Deleted
    Of all the problems this game had, transportation was not one of them. I am upset we are going to be gated behind a 66% reduction in transportation.

Additionally, I play on a PVE server, we have no WPVP. I have a char already on a RP-PVP for my WPVP playtime. most RP-PVP servers have awesome WPVP currently. How is increased people in game going to help me? If anything it is going to hurt me. I hate seeing players in the world. It means I have to rush around and tag everything instead of just playing and having fun.
    And I'm upset because you keep repeating the same thread. How it feels to be on the other side now?

Want really to be constructive? Email Blizzard and keep it to the one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Flight paths are supposed to be boring, because you're supposed to mount run everywhere. That's the bloody fucking point you peasant.
    First actual reasonable response I have gotten to what someone is supposed to do on a flight path.

First actual reasonable response I have gotten to what someone is supposed to do on a flight path.
    You fly and travel.

Oh, there's your second.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    If you had any legitemate concern you'd be addressing Blizzard directly on their forums as opposed to spamming fan forums with duplicate threads.
    Believe it or not Blizzard pays more attention to forum sights that have no jurisdiction over. On their own forums they are free to ban or erase posts at will. They do not have that much freedom here.

Trust me, you may not like what i post, but know this. Blizzard watches this forum really closely.

Deleted
    You can't be really that thick for not understanding since Blizzcon. Heck, they even announce that Draenor would be a gigantic Timeless Island...

- - - Updated - - -

Believe it or not Blizzard pays more attention to forum sights that have no jurisdiction over. On their own forums they are free to ban or erase posts at will. They do not have that much freedom here.

Trust me, you may not like what i post, but know this. Blizzard watches this forum really closely.
    Trust me, Blizzard doesn't read repeated threads from the same poster, they just ignore them. It's called being smart.

Yes.

The moment you selected "travel there for x amount of gold/silver/copper" you engaged in a part of the game that frees you from controlling the character not a part of the game that completely logs you out.

It would the same as saying "loss of control in a bg due to a fear or sheep means that I am not playing the game because I can't do anything". You chose to engage in such particular facet of the game.

Both are the same thing. One takes longer. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Then you don't want to play an emmersion based fantasy MMO. Sorry to break that to you.
    That's a pretty weak argument when in the same immersion based game players have payed for flight training and flown in worse conditions than the upcoming expansion but funnily enough some invisible force is stopping them doing the same as always whilst npcs are hue-hueing themselves silly on flying mounts.

OT: Honestly it depends. Sometimes when I'm levelling I'll take the time on a flight path to plan out my next route or refresh my Bpets health otherwise at max level I tab out because frankly that shit is boring after the 5th time.

Deleted

I'd love to meet the company that sells tinfoil to you. They must be pretty rich by now.

You do realise the direct contradiction in what you said? Censor their own forums but look at forums they cannot censor? Do you understand what censorship is?

Please explain to me why Blizzard would censor their own forums yet go to another forum in which, under your rules, they cannot censor for input? Either your censorship malarky is BS or you genuinely believe your own contradictions. This is like me building a table, taking a shit on it and then going to eat off of a strangers table.

As long as the application .exe is running, you're playing the game.