Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mistakes Cinematic Trailer

Maybe Spoilers. This text is my own opition.

1. Grommash has no nipplerings (1). At the Box Art he has.

2. Gul'dan says to Grommash "Everything" (2). Why isn´t Gul´dan lying, and saying (for example) "Nothing"? I mean, Gul'dan wants that Grommash drinks the blood of Mannoroth.

3. Why isn´t Gul´dan helping Mannoroth to defeat Grommash and his army? Tom Chilton said in a previous interview that the final raid will be influenced by the Burning Legion. And Gul´dan is working with the Burning Legion, and Mannoroth is working for them too, so why Gul´dan isn´t helping Mannoroth? I mean he is a very strong warlock and he just let Mannoroth die and his plans die with Mannoroth.

4. Why Mannoroth didn´t see the Iron Horde army? I mean, the army was in front of Mannoroth, same with the Iron Star (3). Why Mannoroth didnt escape? Is he so dumb that he is meaning that he can easily defeat this big army?

5. Grommash looks to the left side, but he cant see Garrosh (4). Garrosh is noding and looking at Grommash. This makes no sence, why should Garrosh noding to Grommash but Garrosh know that Grommash isn´t seeing that?

(1) 3:37
    (2) 1:06
    (3) 1:59
    (4) 0:50

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow really, talk about nit picking
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Yeah, I could see Grom's watch and some orc guy's addidas shoes.

Mannoroth probably thought he could take on the Iron Horde, or didn't see them behind the cliff that they're standing on (the future Kil'jaeden's Throne). The catapult ammo seems to have come from a far ways away, so he probably didn't see them below the threshold.

As far as when Gul'dan says "everything" - that was brought up in the new short story.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    He obviously took his nipple rings out because he was counting on a fight and didn't want Gul'dan & Co. to rip them out of his nipples.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know if Gul'Dan lied, Grom would just have killed him out of rage, that's why he didn't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    Obviously, those nipple rings commemorate the killing of Mannoroth.

2. Gul'dan says to Grommash "Everything" (2). Why isn´t Gul´dan lying, and saying (for example) "Nothing"? I mean, Gul'dan wants that Grommash drinks the blood of Mannoroth.
    He thinks Grommash is dumb enough to be fooled.

3. Why isn´t Gul´dan helping Mannoroth to defeat Grommash and his army? Tom Chilton said in a previous interview that the final raid will be influenced by the Burning Legion. And Gul´dan is working with the Burning Legion, and Mannoroth is working for them too, so why Gul´dan isn´t helping Mannoroth? I mean he is a very strong warlock and he just let Mannoroth die and his plans die with Mannoroth.
    Well, Gul'dan did just take a fireball to the face. Warlocks are squishy, he probably had to soulstone.

4. Why Mannoroth didn´t see the Iron Horde army? I mean, the army was in front of Mannoroth, same with the Iron Star (3).
    He did see them. He just thought they were there to drink his Mountain Dew blood.

Why Mannoroth didnt escape? Is he so dumb that he is meaning that he can easily defeat this big army?
    Yep! He's called Mannoroth the Destructor, not Mannoroth the Tactically Proficient.

5. Grommash looks to the left side, but he cant see Garrosh (4). Garrosh is noding and looking at Grommash. This makes no sence, why should Garrosh noding to Grommash but Garrosh know that Grommash isn´t seeing that?
    ...What?

1. He could just put those later
    2. He thought Hellscream was willing to sacrifice everything for power.
    3. Maybe he was scared of Mannoroth
    4. He did saw the army, he was dumb enough to think he would easily destroy them all
    5. Minor oversight from the cinematic department i guess

7+ Year Old Account
    People will complain for the sake of complaining. The trailer is intended (imo) to give us a concept of we should expect and let us better understand what led up to this.

EDIT: For those who haven't read any books or know much of lore. But TBH, even for those of us who do.

I feel sad that you missed the opportunity to name your thread "Everything Wrong With WoD Cinematic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a cinematic? It's meant to tell a story and be dramatic, not to be realistic. They do this in action movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Wow really, talk about nit picking
    More like nip picking am I right!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I feel sad that you missed the opportunity to name your thread "Everything Wrong With WoD Cinematic"
    Spoilers!!
    (duh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Peripheral Vision. Also you don't know the distance and angle and which they were spaced...see how that works. Right now im looking to the left at work and I can see pretty far behind me actually and peripheral vision helps
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

4- Even if he was thinking that all the army came to drink his blood
    a) There was not enough blood
    b) Why would you bring siege weapons unless you are doing a huge tailgate party?

He is a relatively smart demon, should have figured it out and summoned couple thousands of felguards beforehand

The only issue I had with the cinematic was summarized nicely by GU Comics.

4. Why Mannoroth didn´t see the Iron Horde army? I mean, the army was in front of Mannoroth, same with the Iron Star (3). Why Mannoroth didnt escape? Is he so dumb that he is meaning that he can easily defeat this big army?
    You're answering your own question. As we can see in the cinematic, Gul'dan is afraid of Mannoroth. It's obvious that he wouldn't dare to help Mannoroth out because of the Iron Horde army. Also, it didn't even seem like he knew that Mannoroth would show himself when Grommash refused the blood.

Maybe Spoilers. This text is my own opition.

I could be wrong, but that happens in a lot of movies, games, shows, etc. It's called a field of vision, Grom looks back to the cloaked Garrosh and sees him nodding. To us it looks like he's looking along his side because of the angle, but he turns his head and looks back enough that one would be able to see behind him.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much the above comments answer this however I'll throw in my two cents, these cinematics are to paint a picture not have you pick apart every details.

1. The nipple rings was possibly a mistake, however if you have ever had a piercing you would probably want to take them out before taking on a pit lord.
    2. Grom wants to confirm what Garrosh has probably told him as before he never asked, he just wanted power, Gul'dan promised power he didn't however inform him about the cost. Garrosh on the other hand knows the cost, he would have coated it to make it sound different so that Grom did what Garrosh wanted and still was alive however instead of actually becoming a decent orc and saving his kin.
    3. Gul'dan is powerful however, as he states to Garrosh, this isn't their fate, this wasn't supposed to happen, one would assume that due to him being damn powerful he knows about what "should" happen as he states "This was not our fate" IN the cinematic.
    4. Pretty sure if you invite all orcs to come and gain power by drinking the blood of the pit lord you have "hiding" you and the pit lord aren't really going to question a shit load of orcs coming to your mountain...
    5. That is so the people watching the cinematic know that these two have made a plan and are seeing it come to fruition. It is actually something that happens a lot in cinematics and trailers not only in games but films too, the fact that it looks like they aren't looking at each other doesn't necessarily mean they can't see each other. Think of what you can see around you, if you turn your head you should be able to see what is behind you.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

I think Gul'dan was too much in shock and trying to comprehend what has happened.